Driver's exhaustion and ferry boat traveling

Toczas

Suggestion Description: you can't add time warps to game, because time is synchronised with server, but instead after, for example, 20 hours ferry boat travel, not setting time to 20 hours later, but setting deadline 20 hour earlier. you could also add the same for sleeping and stuff like that. 

Any example images: no, sorry
Why should it be added?as anyone can see, game is way too easy when your driver is never exhausted or when ferry boat travel instead of said 20 hours, takes one minute. Most time when playing multiplayer, I arrive before said period and I don't feel any challenge

• Upvote 2

toczas_gameplay.png

Such a thing would be quite nice, but then it will result in time desyncs between players. The result will be that it could be night for one player and day for another, and the issues relating from it

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Such a thing would be quite nice, but then it will result in time desyncs between players. The result will be that it could be night for one player and day for another, and the issues relating from it

Have you even read a suggestion? He doesn't mean to change the time, but for example if deadline for your deliver is Thursday 11:50PM and you use ferry travel which should "cost" 20 hours, then after a trip your deadline will be Thursday 3:50 AM and it won't result in any desync since the only change is in deadline only for you.

I'm all in for it.

• Upvote 1

Wow. That sounds pretty intersting. That's some great way to realise exhaustion of drivers etc.

I don't know if the jobs are using timestamps or a timer itself, but both ways should be manipulatable with your idea. +1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I like it.. Might also works for sleeping ;-)

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Have you even read a suggestion? He doesn't mean to change the time, but for example if deadline for your deliver is Thursday 11:50PM and you use ferry travel which should "cost" 20 hours, then after a trip your deadline will be Thursday 3:50 AM and it won't result in any desync since the only change is in deadline only for you.

I'm all in for it.

yeah I did now and yes, this is a good idea

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 4 years later...