Convoy drivers

.StεvƐ.

some convoys are good and check up when its needed to be done and act currently, but most impromptu convoys cause the problems, and most drivers who rush around are just really noob guys who think its an arcade game, till they fall off the road, if youre a good driver you can nail the throttle, but keep it safely on the road and in your lane, besides, have you tried to get by a convoy who keep brake checking you and full of troll drivers without trailers?

That being said, as a non convoy driver, we're not allowed to go inbetween 2 convoy trucks.

Witch means that the convoy planners needs to breake big convoys ( 10+) down to more managable units (not more than 10), to awoid making a que on onramps and intersections.

why wouldnt you be alowed to do that? if its a military convoy u cant do that but as u said previously a normal convoy doesnt has these privilages.

i think theres a problem with general mentality what is a convoy

i prefer the real world way and that is a (big) groupe of trucks all carying a load from point a to point b.often you will see same company trucks heading in same direction with cars and other trucks inbetween them.somehow in-game both organisers and people attending a convoy go crazy over the dont overtake rule that they forget that theyre nothing more then a groupe of trucks inbetween traffic.

but last and not least i think no matter how good a convoy is organised,alot depends on the people attending.if only 1 person trolls hard enough it can mess up a whole convoy.and you cant blame the organiser for this.everyone in a convoy is responsable for hes own behaviour.

I hope with the new update where waypoints can be added convoys will become less strict on being bumper to bumper and allow more freedom and normal traffic speeds and give eachother more space soo that other traffic has no problem getting inbetween and overtaking etc.but also the diffrence between a convoy and normal traffic becomes smaller (aka u have less the feeling a convoy is one giant slow train)

why wouldnt you be alowed to do that? if its a military convoy u cant do that but as u said previously a normal convoy doesnt has these privilages.

i think theres a problem with general mentality what is a convoy

i prefer the real world way and that is a (big) groupe of trucks all carying a load from point a to point b.often you will see same company trucks heading in same direction with cars and other trucks inbetween them.somehow in-game both organisers and people attending a convoy go crazy over the dont overtake rule that they forget that theyre nothing more then a groupe of trucks inbetween traffic.

but last and not least i think no matter how good a convoy is organised,alot depends on the people attending.if only 1 person trolls hard enough it can mess up a whole convoy.and you cant blame the organiser for this.everyone in a convoy is responsable for hes own behaviour.

I hope with the new update where waypoints can be added convoys will become less strict on being bumper to bumper and allow more freedom and normal traffic speeds and give eachother more space soo that other traffic has no problem getting inbetween and overtaking etc.but also the diffrence between a convoy and normal traffic becomes smaller (aka u have less the feeling a convoy is one giant slow train)

convoys need to be kept bumper to bumper, at the moment most convoys can be spread out at least 4 or 5 truck lengths between each other in some cases, the more freedom you give convoys, the more rule breakers and trolls will join in. its up to the organisers to make sure drivers adhere to the rules and follow simple guidelines THAT THEY SHOULD SET.

I don't agree with "bumper to bumper". When you get larger convoys, "lagg" will occur and this can result in dangerous situations.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

convoys need to be kept bumper to bumper, at the moment most convoys can be spread out at least 4 or 5 truck lengths between each other in some cases, the more freedom you give convoys, the more rule breakers and trolls will join in. its up to the organisers to make sure drivers adhere to the rules and follow simple guidelines THAT THEY SHOULD SET.

okay u set rule no trolling and no ramming or overtaking.people are doing it anyway.. what are you gonna do? cry like a baby?

report and pause for every little thing the convoy till a admin shows up?

just not that much you can do about it too keep your convoy clean..

then if that's the case, just don't convoy at all because I for one am getting tired of getting behind a convoy who are made up of bobtailing trolls, who block junctions, cut people up when passing, trucks with trailers who swerve all over the road or let you by only to speed up so youre stuck in the opposite lane trying to get by, any convoy I take people have to stick to a guideline, anyone who goes against that gets booted out of the convoy and reported, you still follow then the convoy is stopped till a admin arrives, only way convoys will work without disturbing normal traffic flow because of people who cant listen to simplistic rules of the road, don't block others passing, don't bunch up for lag purposes (keep within 300m of each other) call out any issues (i.e. accidents, fuel shortages) and if you bobtail it, sit in between truck and trailers till youre safe to pass, and never run block on ANY junctions. 

I know that stay bumper to bumper isn't the best idea, but current convoy standards need that sort of thing to stop the stupidity I see nearly every time I come across one its getting unbearable.

Bumper-to-bumper is a really bad idea. In-game and even in real life. Not only lag spikes can cause several collisions because trucks are too close, but if one of them suddenly stop, the one coming behind will hit it and then be hit by the one behind it and the others behind will most likely also crash on the ones ahead and so on. That's why there is a thing called "safety distance". In real life it applies to avoid a crash in case a vehicle has to stop abruptly. But in game it applies for that and lag.

Bumper-to-bumper would only cause more troubles rather than solve any, I'm afraid. The best solution is just the simplest: Behave. Make that happen, however... sigh...

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

@mike Dragon,

or just don't let people drive in convoys larger than 5 trucks at a time, reduces lag and reduces the impact on traffic flow, especially if guys like to run as mobile rotterdams at night nowadays lol, bumper to bumper I agree is stupid, if you could find a way to stop idiots who want to troll no matter if their a part of a convoy or not from doing things like that then feel free, at least running close together will stop bobtails from getting into the middle of a group and get everyone to check up, that causes the most wrecks.

although (a little off topic) is it justifiable for a guy to run me completely off the road when im trying to get passed him on a straight section of single carriageway where I can see that theirs no traffic ahead, try to make the pass but he swerves into me and pushes me off the road for the reason that "im trying to pass him over the speed limit displayed on his screen" yet on my screen I was doing 6 UNDER the limit (56MPH in a 62MPH zone)

As Convoy Control Manager for ETR its my job to make sure the convoy goes smoothly for all drivers and my group of CC, in regards to rules we follow the Convoy rules set my ETS2MP staff which include one lane and speed restrictions, plus being that we get large groups and dont have enough CC to deal with the idea put foward from Noraf, we just don't have the members to have groups of 10-20 trucks in intervals of about 5 minutes, for example the route has 20 points we need to cover i would need minium 7 CC for the points, front and rear truck so 9 total, but for your idea i would need 20 for points and a front and rear truck for each group, we just dont have that kind of strength, so we need to go as one giant group, and we are always communicating to detect large gaps so no player gets lost so speeds are low, and we always try to allow non-convoy trucks to overtake us, but we cant control 100+ players and tell every single one of them to keep in one lane, there is always a few trolls/rammers/people who get bored so overtake then push there way in and cause crashs.

trouble is when youre stuck behind a convoy who is on a single carriageway and travelling slow, what do you do? do you sit there and get trolled (seems to happen al the time to me) or do you pass the lineup?

BTW ive followed behind a ETR convoy group before and they were the worst drivers ive ever met, EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived