Ignore List

Suggestion Name: Ignore list in "Settings"

Suggestion Descriptionbasically in the settings Tab there would be a new option called "Ignored Players" once you click on the tab there will be a button that says "Add new Ignored player" once you click on that a new small box will appear that will tell you to enter his/her Ets2MP ID that can be found by doing /pinfo once you enter the players ETS2MP ID it will add them to the ignored players List where you can un-ignore them by a tick box or ignore them again.  What I was thinking is if you have them added to your ignore list if you come in contact with them in-game it will not show any of the messages they type in the chat 

If you unblock from the ignored list you will be able to see what they type in chat again.

you might be thinking well why would you not want to see their messages? well alot of people get angry at others for whatever reason and normally will express their feelings at the person in chat normally by swearing or cussing at them and then you get banned for that so I was thinking a ignore list will sort of prevent people from getting banned by cussing at others

Any example images:  Not at the moment sorry

Why should it be added?Will hopefully make the community a little more nicer to eachother and will prevent more people from being banned by cussing/Swearing

• Upvote 1

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

This is actually a good idea, looks pretty simple to implement based on my coding experience.

However, I won't use this feature since I just record and use it to report them afterwards. But if you are quickly irritated by chat conversations, it's a more useful solution instead of closing/hiding the entire chat.

+1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Michal (MWL4) is stating that if you add a user to an "ignore" list, then their collisions with you would be disabled. However, I'd find that a bit easy to abuse and hard to implement  :wacko:

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

I agree with the ignoring them from the chat part, but the collisions thing seems a little bit too extreme to me. Giving users the power to turn off to collisions on anyone would allow them to turn it off inside of another truck and successfully troll another user, and if they can do it to as many people as they want then it kind of spoils the realism. 

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Then don't allow putting admin's in that list.

OP talked about ingoring in chat only, so I don't see a problem with the collision issue. It's not that it's supposed to make the people you want to ignore invisible.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

But this suggestion isn't about having someone visible or invisible, it's about not showing chat messages from a specific person.

Scar | Retired Legend

Yeah, but there was an idea about giving no collision with people on ignore list :P I prefer to see what people want to write on chat because if they flame others, i can prove it with screenshot. But no collision is such a good idea because if there are trolls who wants to ramming others or so, and people like that wouldn't do that again :)

Let's be clear, the OP suggested something just to ignore the messages from a person, he never talked about disabling collisons on a person (We just misunderstood what he wanted to suggest). And if I had to choose I'd let the possibility to put admins in, because what they write in the chat is always important so if you choose to ignore an IGA you can but if something happens you can't say "I ignored this IGA so I didn't knew about that" because your appeal will get this answer "REJECTED, next time do not ignore IGAs, you'll get less problems".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.