Getting rammed often? Here's the reason

xhavefunx

^^

But the thing is, how PRO you even are, there will be noobs. And then the speed is the factor how you will be able to avoid the accident, or even break. 

Even if you´re "PRO" and can drive 110 without misstakes, that doesn´t stop others for making misstakes. I belive you are a good driver, but that ones that gets rammed are not. That is what he want to get to.

Driving pedal to the metal is easy as h*ll. I´m trying eco/realistic driving. :)

The fact is, even if you drive at speed limit, or even bellow it, there's nothing to stop a rammer to bump you head on coming on the wrong side of the road.

You could be strolling on the highway at a relaxing 70km/h , and get rammed head on by a maniac doing max speed on the wrong side of the highway.

Been there , done that. Hurt like hell.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

I don't think you guys have read my post entirely. I said if a near crash may occur, the counter maneuver is more likely to succeed when you're driving a lower speed than 110 km/h. I didn't say all drivers who drive 110 km/h crash all the time, of course there are drivers who can handle their vehicle perfectly at those speeds. But in some situations the speed will be the cause of a crash, whilst in the same situations a lower speed could prevent this. Maybe most of you are driving with trailer stability 100%, could be also the reason why you have less crashes. I have trailer stability at ~15%, so a sudden disaster ricovery is far more likely to end fatal with 110. 

The fact is, even if you drive at speed limit, or even bellow it, there's nothing to stop a rammer to bump you head on coming on the wrong side of the road.

You could be strolling on the highway at a relaxing 70km/h , and get rammed head on by a maniac doing max speed on the wrong side of the highway.

Been there , done that. Hurt like hell.

Wrong. I have enough time to spot someone driving at the wrong side, to make an emergency stop, engage my parking brake and illuminate my hazard lights. When you're standing still he's less likely to hit you, and if he does, he'll be the one suffering the most damage. 

Wrong to your wrong, as i've said, it happend to me. No amount of readiness can prepare you for someone incoming straight at you at max speed. You think you have enough time to do whatever because you're driving slow, but the truth is, when you're in a troll's sights, you simply cannot turn fast enough to avoid the collision. All you can do is watch. No amount of breaking or manoeuvring will save you.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

^ Again, wrong. I have brake sensitivity at around 80%. When using a pedal, you'll be standing still quicker than you finished saying biscuit. My draw distance is long, so even if he was driving 150 km/h i would still have enough time to break. I guess you're driving with keyboard?

Btw, i don't do any steering. I just come to a full stop on the middle of the road, untill he's past.

Lol you don't believe me do you? Send me a PM and we'll meet somewhere. We'll both drive 90 km/h and do a full brake test. You'll see what i mean  B)

No amount of breaking or Steering can avoid all situations. Good driving will avoid most yes. However there will be some situations where you can do your best to avoid but that other player will still hit you. Mostly blind corners where they come at you very quickly in your lane and you have a barrier beside you. Where  you going to go? His lane? or Barrier? You brake all you can but he still hits you.

Yes good driving will avoid a lot of crashes, however that doesn't mean the person around you or oncoming drives to the same standard. 

The main causes of car accidents are men, woman and children (driver error if you didn't get the joke).

No amount of breaking or Steering can avoid all situations. Good driving will avoid most yes. However there will be some situations where you can do your best to avoid but that other player will still hit you. Mostly blind corners where they come at you very quickly in your lane and you have a barrier beside you. Where  you going to go? His lane? or Barrier? You brake all you can but he still hits you.

Yes good driving will avoid a lot of crashes, however that doesn't mean the person around you or oncoming drives to the same standard. 

The main causes of car accidents are men, woman and children (driver error if you didn't get the joke).

I didn't state any different. Might want to read the whole topic  :lol:

Gentlemen, please keep this a nice place. There is absolutely no need to start arguing about this.

If the arguing keeps going, I'll get some warning points out of my magical hat.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

It's like real life - go fast, you get into accidents , go slow, arrive at destination.

Heavy loaded trucks go slow for a reason and its not so they wont crash ,

I don't think you guys have read my post entirely. I said if a near crash may occur, the counter maneuver is more likely to succeed when you're driving a lower speed than 110 km/h. I didn't say all drivers who drive 110 km/h crash all the time, of course there are drivers who can handle their vehicle perfectly at those speeds. But in some situations the speed will be the cause of a crash, whilst in the same situations a lower speed could prevent this. Maybe most of you are driving with trailer stability 100%, could be also the reason why you have less crashes. I have trailer stability at ~15%, so a sudden disaster ricovery is far more likely to end fatal with 110. 

Wrong. I have enough time to spot someone driving at the wrong side, to make an emergency stop, engage my parking brake and illuminate my hazard lights. When you're standing still he's less likely to hit you, and if he does, he'll be the one suffering the most damage. 

anytime ive been rammed stopping parking brake and hazard lights.Are you serious Most of the time there isnt enough time ,

^ Again, wrong. I have brake sensitivity at around 80%. When using a pedal, you'll be standing still quicker than you finished saying biscuit. My draw distance is long, so even if he was driving 150 km/h i would still have enough time to break. I guess you're driving with keyboard?

Btw, i don't do any steering. I just come to a full stop on the middle of the road, untill he's past.

i really would like to see a video of that,stop brake hazard lights and goes round you I  DONT THINK SO

Right, This topic is getting way out of hand:

Stilldre , Please don't quote the post directl above Yours - use ^ instead (its annoying to re-re-re-re-read the same post 10 times because 10 people quoted it) also This

there aint no way you drive with your mentaliity you gotta be 14 or 13 surely

is offensive -  Please re-read the rules http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/48-english-forum-rules/

Ken, under the like button there is an "Edit" button - You may use it to edit your posts

• 2 weeks later...

Archived