We need traffic

Hey_Wtf

Suggestion Name.. We need traffic,Cars,other trucks

Suggestion Reasons.. Well let me state a few things, We have idiots that rely on no traffic,Blast through junctions without looking,going  onto roundabouts without looking for on coming traffic,going on motorway travelling all over three lanes to be quicker,t junctions )) straight out, Do not bother to give way signs,speeding on country roads,speeding around blind corners

Why should it would be Added..

It would make the game more realistic, it will control speeding on unsafe roads,ie.. country roads, it will make them look for oncoming traffic,it will be less boring driving staring at empty roads

there are so many reasons witch will benefit MP,to make drivers respect the road  :P

example images.. NA

I expect this will be trashed as i know what the devs think about *TRAFFIC* but i know it will be great to see friends following each other laughing about the car drivers,let me tell you,I was driving on SP on the motorway,saw some thing in the distance,i laughed so much as when i got closer,i could see 3 over turned cars   :lol: with a few cars behind using there horn

it would be so fun if the convoy guys got together seeing how great having traffic would be,

Why do you game admins so dead against traffic..

Would it be to much for the servers? there must be a reason why you are so dead against it.. well i think i have made my point just hope you will do the honors 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Hope that is better Mc

lets make a poll :))

-1 All the AI cars would have to be synced. This will add to the already massive amount of things that are already synced causing even more lag.

Best way to deal with people who drive like an idiot is to slow them down. Gives you chance to avoid the accident yourself. Like it or not, the speed limits do help to avoid collisions.

BigDave1985

Actually AI traffic is very difficult to implement in an MP environment. Not sure how much (assembly) hacking the ets2mp plugin performs, but the easiest way is too leverage the AI of ETS2. But that is only possible if the plugin can create the possibility to accept/reject AI traffic on an per object basis. AI traffic in Single Player mode is pretty decent as a small percentage of AI traffic actually overtake other traffic on secondary roads. They also know how to give right of way (however sometimes they get it wrong), using of the blinkers, etc. 

If the plugin gets the same basic telemetry data as of the players truck (coordinates, speed, heading, etc) it could allow some of the spawned AI traffic if traffic in the area is low. The ets2mp team has tried multiple times to merge the two EU servers and everytime it crashes. Not sure whether the server has too many open connections (5000 concurrent TCP connection put quite a strain on server resources), or that the server simply does not have enough general resources to process the data of 5000 players. In the case of the latter AI traffic is a no-go as AI traffic needs to be processed the same way regular players are processed (as we all need to see the AI traffic at the same place).

If the amount of concurrent connections are the issue, than there are several solutions. The easiest would be using one backend server which does the data processing with multiple frontend servers which handle the client connections. The frontend server on serve as a relay between the backend and the clients. 

without knowing why they have problems merging the two EU servers, writing down the requirement and possible solutions to implement AI traffic are of no use. The the general idea is this: In SP-mode the AI engines constantly spawns new AI objects. Som one of the settings the plugin sets is the 'g_traffic 0' settings which disables AI traffic. Now, in areas with little traffic AI traffic is turned back on, but spawned objects are intercepted by the plugin. The plugin needs to verify if traffic between between the departure and arrival place is too low. If it's too low, the AI can accept that object and track it movements which are send to the MP server alongside the regular player data. If the engine would generate an AI car that departs from Brussels and goes to London via Rotterdam, the MP server would reject that AI object if there's too much traffic in the EP area. The benefit of reusing the AI engine is that ets2mp does not have to write an AI implementation itself, the downside is that the MP servers need to process more traffic data.. But it also depends on the possibilities that the devs have to track objects spawned by the AI traffic..

If the devs keep having problems merging the servers because of the large number of concurrent connections, I'm available for consultancy. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

zyprexia play drift city for ai traffic in a mp situation... each server of that game can hold as many as mp here too last I checked (speed playing it because they introduced guns, which killed the game imo)

My only post here wait for my topic in about 4 hours... it's about ai but other things too :)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

AI is Rejected Every time; Please Search before making another post like this !

Well what is the reason as you know it will be a lot better,I am not silly  as I do know it has been posted before,must be lag issue or something,there are so many reasons why traffic will be better.

Why cant we have our profiles linked so all our employed drivers will still be working and bring in well earned £££££££

I suppose i will play SP only and come to MP when I need a break,there are some good guys on here who love trucking,The new update is awesome,64 bit it is beautiful

Well what is the reason as you know it will be a lot better,I am not silly  as I do know it has been posted before,must be lag issue or something,there are so many reasons why traffic will be better.

Why cant we have our profiles linked so all our employed drivers will still be working and bring in well earned £££££££

I suppose i will play SP only and come to MP when I need a break,there are some good guys on here who love trucking,The new update is awesome,64 bit it is beautiful

Can't agree more... And it's doable, not impossible, but admins might just ask for a Kickstarter. Also you can limit the number of cars too available.

I don't care how many times this gets rejected, this must be done, otherwise MP will die out and the addon will never leave the Alpha status.

And yes, the new update is nice, although the colours have a bit too much saturation, yet I love the fact, that I can see incoming traffic a bit better.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

I'm torn between -1 and +1 so I don't vote.

T
his could be -1 because there will be more lags for everyone : when you are in Rotterdam for example, you are at 3-10fps and sometimes your game crashes without the traffic... imagine with the traffic !

Or if we don't want lags, traffic must be enabled only outside cities and on EU#1 & US#1 to let players choose between traffic on and off.

There is another reason : some players can cause traffic jams because their game freezes or voluntarily when they stop their truck on the road.

But there is also a good point : this will force players to drive better (at least try to). Maybe there will be more bad players who search to crash into other players.

76561198135343608.png

I played 1000+ hours on ETS2

WoT profile / Twitter / Convoy website

Well admins,we need your input,Please give us a good reason why no traffic so all these topics about Ai will stop,server issue?

You say this is a truck game,I get bored staring at blank roads,I get frustrated at idiots flying though give way junctions,roundabouts,motorway,speeding around blind corners relying on the no traffic rule

making good drivers to taking drastic actions not to collide with them,Speed limit? you have raised it with is good but I can drive on the motorway at 75 mph really safely,we  are penalized by the idiots that drive around with no trailer,racing

Why do you not make a rule,you cannot drive more than 10 miles without a trailer unless you have picked a job that is ten miles away

There are some great guys who love trucking,jobs,but there are guys here just to drive,cause mayhem,wind truckers up

I hope you have a rethink on this subject

regards

Do you really need an admin or developer to tell you what it´s already been told in tones of posts? Search for them and you will find the same answer: "LAG"

Just take a look in AAA game servers:

- The Crew, laggy as hell and with tones of bugs. About 6 players connected simultaneously over the map.

- GTA V, great performance, but less traffic than in SP, and also laggy sometimes. Up to 30 players connected simultaneously.

Now compare those game´s server capacity with ETS2MP (Up to 2400 synced trucks), and the costs and thecnology that both of those games can afford comparing to ETS2 MP Dev Team.

Now you got the answer.

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

Well now I know,I never new why they always deleted these Ai posts,now i do so i will be staying with SP as it has traffic,your employees make you money,there are no idiots that speed round blind corners,jump traffic lights,go though give way junctions,on to roundabouts thinking they are the only ones that use them  :D travelling at 75 MPH if i wish to do so

but i will drive on mp to keep in touch,on occasions  :P

thank you MP team

Gorkal1tyNo we don't... AAA suck at that's obvious lol heost of the AAA games suck now a days, why I've bought the crew.

Now as I've said try drift city... If the Koreans can do it so can we...

Whats that "No" answering to? Anyway, The Crew is a good looking and fun game if you like travelling through the states IMO. I´m agree with the AAA stuff hahahah.

lkRjRkb.png

Just take a look in AAA game servers:

- The Crew, laggy as hell and with tones of bugs. About 6 players connected simultaneously over the map.

- GTA V, great performance, but less traffic than in SP, and also laggy sometimes. Up to 30 players connected simultaneously.

Now compare those game´s server capacity with ETS2MP (Up to 2400 synced trucks), and the costs and thecnology that both of those games can afford comparing to ETS2 MP Dev Team.

Now you got the answer.

Thanks for the answer Gorkal1ty