Players with 'Rec/Ban' in Their Name

Maybe it's just me, but any time I see somebody with 'Rec' or 'Rec/Ban' in their description, it pops out like a huge red flag for me that this driver is reckless and I need to steer clear of them (sometimes literally) if I don't want my drive to end up reloading a save or restarting at the shop. I don't know why this is a thing. I've seen it for many years and so often I've considered it a driver stereotype in truckersmp. The number one rules in truckersmp is assume everyone's an idiot, but it's nice when somebody gives me a clue of who is the bigger idiot.

Anyone else ever notice this pattern?

• True Story 1

Never really considered doing that myself mainly because I personally doubt other players have come to the same conclusion I have. Besides, I tend to drive in less populated areas so I can live out my fantasy of driving a semi with little to no traffic around. I drive a semi for my job and the four-wheelers and steering wheel holders are both entertainment and a curse at the same time, and I got a few good stories of people driving in incredibly stupid ways around my truck.

• True Story 1

Just now, Granite [SVK] said:

Here we go again.

How about you see oncoming player literally named something like "simulation enthusiast" or simulation player" and as soon as you are almost about to pass, they steer to headbutt you into oblivion.

When you playing TruckersMP, you must be aware that every Day in this Game means it is "Contrary Day"! You see Someone with "90 KPH" Tag overtaking you with 150kph! You see Someone with "Keep Distance" Tag, sniffing the Ass of the Truck in Front of him the whole Time! You see Someone with "Obey Road Rules" Tag, running over Red Light in Calais during rushour and so on and so on!

🙂

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Most people use it as a way to keep troll players away from their truck, however, players use "Rec" "Ban" for practically everything in the game, whether written in the tag, names or in chat, others use it just to troll, taking advantage of the word to gain "benefit". An example.

A truck ended up braking suddenly to avoid a collision, the driver behind has reduced braking time but manages to stop, even so he types "Rec" in the chat, often he even enters his ID. As if the truck that stopped to avoid a collision was to blame for something. These are daily events, it happens more in Calais-Duisburg, the rest of the map is calmer, away from arguments 😄 . But you can use "Rec or Ban" to alert other players that you are recording that moment.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

49 minutes ago, Kael_ said:

Most people use it as a way to keep troll players away from their truck......

This worked far back in the Past, when Admin were allowed to do their Job as intended and not been restricted by internal Rules and Punishment Standards! The Game wasnt this Popular, like Today and you´ve had more Simplay Enthusiasts and less Trolls. Therefore, many Players thought Twice, before they started to break the Rules on purpose, when They saw a Player with such Tag!

• True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

I’ve watched the rec culture grow and grow into a mess of unimaginable portions. Being “rec’d” is now used to scare munger people. People feel it’s cool to drive around sporting a tag claiming they’re recording etc. There’re even people who go to extreme lengths to “flex” the fact that have got numerous people banned by including their web reporting score in their twitch live streams, for example. 

Do i think it’s good? No, I think it’s rather sad. This is a truck game, not a who can report the most people contest. Reporting systems are for rule violators, not for ego boosting. 

The fact that the majority of the “rec” culture’s most avid participants lack the most basic of driving ability is more than ironic. It’s actually concerning how many people I’ve seen sporting a “rec” tag in-game while driving about and their driving be dreadful. 

Apologies in advance for any spelling or grammar errors here, I wrote this on very little sleep - but I hope the point gets across. 

• Upvote 2

I fully agree with your perspective, but the reality is that the behavior of these truck drivers does create a rather oppressive atmosphere within the game.

8 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

I’ve watched the rec culture grow and grow into a mess of unimaginable portions. Being “rec’d” is now used to scare munger people. People feel it’s cool to drive around sporting a tag claiming they’re recording etc. There’re even people who go to extreme lengths to “flex” the fact that have got numerous people banned by including their web reporting score in their twitch live streams, for example. 

Do i think it’s good? No, I think it’s rather sad. This is a truck game, not a who can report the most people contest. Reporting systems are for rule violators, not for ego boosting. 

The fact that the majority of the “rec” culture’s most avid participants lack the most basic of driving ability is more than ironic. It’s actually concerning how many people I’ve seen sporting a “rec” tag in-game while driving about and their driving be dreadful. 

Apologies in advance for any spelling or grammar errors here, I wrote this on very little sleep - but I hope the point gets across. 

4 minutes ago, Jocelyn said:

I fully agree with your perspective, but the reality is that the behavior of these truck drivers does create a rather oppressive atmosphere within the game.

And this is why many of used to turn the chat off, but we can’t do that anymore - not without turning tab and everything else off at the same time…

On 4/16/2024 at 1:13 AM, Bеаn said:

There’re even people who go to extreme lengths to “flex” the fact that have got numerous people banned by including their web reporting score in their twitch live streams, for example.

Sounds like they'd be right at home with the EVE Online folks who are obsessed with zkillboard.  God, it's been so long since I touched that game.  I wonder if that old carrier I donated to my last alliance is still alive?

Hello!

At first glance, it may convey distrust, but I imagine these are the type of drivers who don't want others to cause damage to their truck, and I suppose they do it to warn other drivers that they will be reported if they do something wrong. Personally, if someone does something wrong, I report it and that's it. I don't make a point of showcasing it. There are all kinds of personalities on the road, just like in life

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 12:26 AM, Snow Sheltie said:

Sounds like they'd be right at home with the EVE Online folks who are obsessed with zkillboard.  God, it's been so long since I touched that game.  I wonder if that old carrier I donated to my last alliance is still alive?

Hey nothing wrong with some nice space spreadsheet MMO gaming... We all have different ways to have fun nowadays xD

It's ironic as since joining TruckersMP I have seen multiple of these so-called 'rec' drivers ploughing down the middle of C-D in their Skoda Scout's causing accidents...

And in my experience it is usually those in Skoda's with the 'rec' nickname and what I gather the Skoda's do not have a good reputation here.