SCS Convoy might end TMP event servers for good with this

Hey, 👋
I don't think the SCS MP will be better than TruckersMP

TruckersMP has more possibilities on Event Servers than that could work in SCS MP

• For example, TruckersMP has Permanent Open Toll Booths, Border Controls & Railway Crossings on Event Servers, something you will never have in SCS MP. (If only through mods.)
  • TruckersMP has the option of more slots (users on the server) than the SCS MP, even if there are 128 in the SCS MP, TruckersMP has the option of allocating more than 400+ slots for Convoys.

So that's my personal opinion. ^^ 

• Upvote 5
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

In addition to what Maxi said, Event Managers also have the ability to edit placed objects on the map and they update in real time. No need to restart the game or update a mod to support the change(s).

TMP's Servers are also most stable. I don't play Convoy Mod. But i'm sure, a 128 player convoy would be constant lag/FPS drops, especially with mods. Something TMP doesn't support (for the sake of all of our pc's).

• True Story 1

SCS MP won't be any better than TMP unless they introduce actual servers, yes if you want to do nice drives with your VTC it is surely better but while playing TMP you can come across over 4000 random people anywhere on the map, strangers and even make new friends, that cannot be beaten!

• Upvote 1

SCS MP is not hosted on SCS servers. When you play Convoy mode you are the host. And so you will have to have your computer act as the server for 128 people while also playing the game. I am not sure how your computer would handle that. I cant imagine it will be good. With TMP event servers the event is hosted on a TMP server and so that server does all the "heavy lifting" and you will only have to run the game as you normally do on TMP. And so this could mean a better experience for you and the people joining your event.

2 hours ago, Melodies said:

SCS MP won't be any better than TMP unless they introduce actual servers, yes if you want to do nice drives with your VTC it is surely better but while playing TMP you can come across over 4000 random people anywhere on the map, strangers and even make new friends, that cannot be beaten!

You can come across 4000 people but mos of the time is empty roads and that isn't in events, SCSMP offers AI traffic and can have dedicated servers:

29 minutes ago, Granite [SVK] said:

If you haven't heard there is an option to set up a dedicated servers. If you are in a big VTC and don't mind spending some donation money to rent one, instead of supporting TMP, so yeah, it's a possibilty.

12 hours ago, Maxi. said:

Hey, 👋
I don't think the SCS MP will be better than TruckersMP

TruckersMP has more possibilities on Event Servers than that could work in SCS MP

• For example, TruckersMP has Permanent Open Toll Booths, Border Controls & Railway Crossings on Event Servers, something you will never have in SCS MP. (If only through mods.)
  • TruckersMP has the option of more slots (users on the server) than the SCS MP, even if there are 128 in the SCS MP, TruckersMP has the option of allocating more than 400+ slots for Convoys.

So that's my personal opinion. ^^ 

What do you mean by border controls and railway crossings? doesn't the base game have that?

8 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

In addition to what Maxi said, Event Managers also have the ability to edit placed objects on the map and they update in real time. No need to restart the game or update a mod to support the change(s).

TMP's Servers are also most stable. I don't play Convoy Mod. But i'm sure, a 128 player convoy would be constant lag/FPS drops, especially with mods. Something TMP doesn't support (for the sake of all of our pc's).

Yeah but thats manual right? the only reason you would use it is in special operations, right?

6 hours ago, MakeMe said:

You can come across 4000 people but mos of the time is empty roads and that isn't in events, SCSMP offers AI traffic and can have dedicated servers:

What do you mean by border controls and railway crossings? doesn't the base game have that?

Yeah but thats manual right? the only reason you would use it is in special operations, right?

Not just special operations, Convoy Events also.

TMP Admins can edit the map. When they shut down CD Road for a Diversion event, they made the train crossing have a train accident.

Those AI traffic are scripted to follow road rules and even bypass the blockers. They aren't real players. As you can control the traffic density with a config "g_traffic"

• 0 for no traffic
  • 1 for default
  • 10 for rush hour (and gridlocks in some places)

In my opinion, TruckersMP has more positive points than SCS convoy, which in my point of view is just a dedicated server to play with friends, while TMP is a mega server capable of supporting triple the number of players without crashing. sudden changes in FPS and the like, in SCS Convoy, the lag with just 8 players is quite noticeable. Both servers are good, but TMP is better as well as other positive points mentioned above.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

When convoy came out in 2021, people suspected that TruckersMP would die out.

In reality, playercounts on TMP dropped for a week or so and then pretty much returned to normal. Also, for many people it isn't so much just the multiplayer aspect of TruckersMP, it's doing the C-D road and witnessing crashes (or causing them!).

I cant see this having any significant impact on TruckersMP.

6 hours ago, LimeUnlimited said:

Nothing will ever end any servers of TMP. NOTHING

Imagine the same Convincement would be valid for #Road to Simulation and Permanent Bans for Hacking and Excessive Trolling.............. 🤣 :truestory:

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

On 4/15/2024 at 8:55 AM, lucas109011 said:

When convoy came out in 2021, people suspected that TruckersMP would die out.

In reality, playercounts on TMP dropped for a week or so and then pretty much returned to normal.

Are you sure about that?

Check the history better to see TMP have never recovered from that, despite getting rid of road to simulation and meaningful rules and punishments (no perma bans is troll's paradise).

There were many people who preferred playing with just a few friends and TMP used to be the only option. They have better option now.

On 4/15/2024 at 8:55 AM, lucas109011 said:

Also, for many people it isn't so much just the multiplayer aspect of TruckersMP, it's doing the C-D road and witnessing crashes (or causing them!).

Yeah, those are the kind of players that inhabit the servers today, cause they are being taken care of above all else,  everybody who disagrees gets middle finger in one way or another.

7 hours ago, LimeUnlimited said:

Nothing will ever end any servers of TMP. NOTHING

Not even war?

I don't think truckersMP will be replaced by SCS's multiplayer for a long time, as their multiplayer still has a lot of bugs and just joining a convoy can be quite a problem. Moreover, when players who are far away from each other play together (several 1000km) the conwoy mod is practically unusable because the connection often breaks. Also a large number of players like to play with strangers, see D-C.

• 2 weeks later...

SCS's convoy mode has many limitations and I don't believe that at the moment its focus is to invest in that. TruckersMP is already well established here, it's been 10 years.
But if one day SCS decides to launch dedicated servers with capacity for multiple players, I don't think it will be an easy task for TruckersMP to compete.
But again, I don't think that's their focus. The game doesn't even have the ability to handle multiple players well at the same time, you see this in the poor performance in areas highly populated by players like Calais.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:55 PM, MakeMe said:

New with 1.50 update, 128 players limit with console command. (Toast youtube video)

Convoy also allows mods soo, why would vtc's or any other event still happen in tmp besides special operations?

image.thumb.png.b627d27da72653cdd8b1a109ce1ed904.png

image.thumb.png.af693cf2617640c5e5ac03d27ada93d1.png

TruckersMP = Public Multiplayer for more than 1-2k people

SCS Convoy = Private Map for max 128 people (if host can handle that number)

So, no.