How about serverizing the weather in multiplayer?

Suggestion Name

serverizing the weather

Suggestion Description

In multiplayer, the only server environments that apply to all players appear to be day and night.

It would be nice to server the weather and apply it to all players.

In multiplayer, differences in weather between players can cause stress and cause discord between players, so it would be a good idea to manage the weather (snow, rain, etc.) on the server so that all players can drive in the same weather.

How about having a separate winter mode server for players using winter mode?
Europe 1 server has summer weather
Europe 2 server has winter weather
Alternatively, it would be a good idea to implement four seasons on one  Europe server 1.

Any example images

-

Why it should be added

Vanilla's raindrop sounds are unrealistic because they sound like hail falling.
Even if the truck windows are closed, outside sounds are not soundproofed, so I can hear the sound of rain outside even inside.
The sight of rain falling is beautiful, but the sound of the rain makes it less immersive.

• Upvote 7

It would be a great implementation in the game, as you said, there could be a server just for those who like driving in the snow and the like, that would definitely be chaos on a single server 😅 ... But congrats on the suggestion. ^^

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

Especially for driving together in convoys or the like, it would be cool if the weather was synchronized across clients like the time already is today.

To prevent splitting the player base, I wouldn't differentiate between servers; instead, I would leave it up to each client whether the winter-mod is installed or if rain is enabled (all while keeping it synchronized for those who have enabled it).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 8:52 PM, MartinV90 said:

Personally can't see it working. most people want to drive together and certain people might not want winter weather then you have a problem. Also a winter server when the winter mod is only supported for a couple of months too? 

He is giving an example. TMP is in Spring weather right now. So...

On 3/14/2024 at 5:58 AM, Kael_ said:

It would be a great implementation in the game, as you said, there could be a server just for those who like driving in the snow and the like, that would definitely be chaos on a single server 😅 ... But congrats on the suggestion. ^^

No, there will be that for about a week. When people get used to things, all will be back to normal.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Thareon said:

Especially for driving together in convoys or the like, it would be cool if the weather was synchronized across clients like the time already is today.

To prevent splitting the player base, I wouldn't differentiate between servers; instead, I would leave it up to each client whether the winter-mod is installed or if rain is enabled (all while keeping it synchronized for those who have enabled it).

This will create the chaos Kael_ speaks of.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:52 PM, Bеаn said:

This is frequently suggested:

And, in my opinion, isn't something that should be added. I like the current system. 

Yea... better wait for after 1.51, if the players are still on TMP.

On 01/04/2024 at 14:04, Niuro said:

Ele está dando um exemplo. TMP está em clima de primavera agora. Então...

Não, isso acontecerá por cerca de uma semana. Quando as pessoas se acostumarem com as coisas, tudo voltará ao normal.

Isso criará o caos de que Kael_ fala.

Sim... é melhor esperar depois de 1.51, se os jogadores ainda estiverem no TMP .

I see, well, anyway the idea is great, I hope it is implemented and accepted by the community. 🙂 

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

This is a very good suggestion🙂

Mica_TMP | TruckersMP Player

DBus World | Translator        

spacer.png                        spacer.png                        spacer.png                 spacer.png

DBus World | Swift Cargo | VTC | Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

On 3/13/2024 at 6:52 PM, MartinV90 said:

Personally can't see it working. most people want to drive together and certain people might not want winter weather then you have a problem. Also a winter server when the winter mod is only supported for a couple of months too? 

I don't agree with making optional, the only reason to implement this would be to all people have it, on all servers, expect arcade I guess.

This also equals everyone's gameplay, in rain, everyone can understeer and have wipers on, it's way off when you see someone with wipers and it's sunny.

Nice Suggestion!😍

Want to play a game together? https://truckersmp.com/

Feedback system? https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

If you want to report it?https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Truckers/3D

On 4/15/2024 at 1:50 PM, MakeMe said:

I don't agree with making optional, the only reason to implement this would be to all people have it, on all servers, expect arcade I guess.

This also equals everyone's gameplay, in rain, everyone can understeer and have wipers on, it's way off when you see someone with wipers and it's sunny.

But I disagree because you are then forcing people to drive in rain when the majority of people probably won’t want to. 

Server side weather won't be happening. Not only would connecting to said server have to check for weather changes, it would have to swap to what the current weather would be.

I prefer the client side setting. You can change the rain probability to be what you want. Some players like super long storms. Some just want rain. And others, want a dry drive.

Seasons won't be happening, aside from the supported seasonal mods. The game keeps track of time with

• Week 1 when you first make your profile. With increasing week numbers as days progress.
  • Days being tracked as Mon, Wed, Sat, ect.

The game doesn't use a calendar to keep track of time. Making it impossible to keep track of a seasonal cycle.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:36 PM, MartinV90 said:

But I disagree because you are then forcing people to drive in rain when the majority of people probably won’t want to. 

I want higher limit than 110km/h in sim1 but players would say no because it's a simulation.

well in this case, isn't rain included in simulation?

When I go to multiplayer and want to experience the same as everyone else, if I didn't want that, I would go singleplayer.

On 4/20/2024 at 4:15 AM, MakeMe said:

I want higher limit than 110km/h in sim1 but players would say no because it's a simulation.

well in this case, isn't rain included in simulation?

When I go to multiplayer and want to experience the same as everyone else, if I didn't want that, I would go singleplayer.

Do you drive at 110 km/h during a computer driving simulation at a driver's license test center to obtain a car driver's license?