What is your opinion on the use of save edits? Do you like it?

Jossッ

Hello, I want to share my opinion on the use of save edits. Personally, I really like them because you can create amazing combinations between trucks and trailers. I've been playing the game for about 6 years, and I find it boring to stick to the same things; exploring new possibilities adds an extra layer of interest. On the downside, it can affect others due to lag issues. Another aspect I haven't mentioned is the use of local mods, which also adds another point of interest to the matter, though that's a different discussion. I'd like to know what you think. Do you like it or not? 😄

• Like 1

Hello, good discussion!

I also like the use of save edit, not in excess. As long as it complies with §3 - Save Editing, there's no problem using them. There's also the local mod option, searching on the internet and on servers dedicated to the subject you can find a variety of modifications that you can certainly put together a nice lorry! 😄

• Like 1

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

I think that the modifications that come by default in the game do not modify the trucks realistically. Therefore, it is possible to make the trucks look more beautiful in the game with simple coding, for example, the v led made on the new generation Scania. However, there may be players who push their limits in their coding, such as those who wear horns or lights everywhere. Therefore, this issue depends on the player's perception of the mod. In my opinion, modifications can be used if they make the vehicle look aesthetically pleasing.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1
  • Woah! 1
  • Awesome! 1

First of all, thank you for contacting us through the forum.
Like you, I like coding and using different combinations. but unfortunately not everyone can play on an equal footing and this can lead to various problems such as lag, crashing, dropping out of the game, etc.
For this to happen, the infrastructure of the game should be strengthened and it would be better to make the capacity of the servers more efficient.
A lot of people's games crash and crash more because of exaggerated coding by someone else.
I hope I made my point.
Thanks.

3RapOpo.png

• Like 1

3RapOpo.png  

Hello @Jossッ.

I think the Save Edit is a great tool. It gives us the opportunity to add something we like to different trucks.

I think the gyrophrases on the Renault Trucks are really superb. With the save edit, I have the flashing lights on my Scania S.

The sun visor of the Volvo is really beautiful. With the save edit, I have the sun visor on my Mercedes.

There are some Save Edits that I don't really like. For example: The trucks with the green lights. I don’t think that’s very realistic. 

There is something for every taste.

Have a good evening.
Mister Truck

• Like 1

In General i do like the Idea of Save Editing! I do it by my own, but my Editings are mostly Plausible and based on Rules and European Safety Rules!

- I do not like unrealistic Save Editing, like Floating Cows/Pigs or Cargo attached to Trailers who are not made for the Cargo!

- I do not like the Clipping and/or Tripple Trailer Editing!

- I do not like excessive Amount of Slotstacking, like the Greenlight or extreme Bright Beacons/Smallight/Strobes/Highbeams!

- I do not like excessive Amount of Airhorn Slotstacking!

- I like the Creative combining of different Truck Brand Parts ( Cabin/Chassis/Engine/Gearbox), as long they are fit together!

- I like the creative Smallight Frontgrill Pictures!

- I like it, when ppl making their Taillights a bit brighter ( +4 Slotstacking)! This is not too bright and you can see other Trucks much better and earlier in the Dark when you close in from Behind!

- I like cleaning Editing! ( Removing of Logo/Batch)

- I like the combining of different Truck Brand Acessoiry, as long they fit on the other Truck and do not Float or Glitch too much!

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Hey,

Yes, I like save editing, in fact it's also one of the reasons why I still play ETS2. I, who have been playing on ets2 for many years, have seen many things change, I still remember that before it was not possible to do anything, those who succeeded were a "save editing genius"... You could customize your trucks and trailers using the MODS that you found online to play in SP... but they were also few... there were mods like the Forerunner mod that helped you "Customize" your trucks and trailers by adding parts from other trucks (but not every parts worked,sometimes you encurred in a game crash :D), like the bottom bar of the daf on the old version of the scania R, sunshields, upper lights with steel bars, sideskirt excc.. it was really the beginning of the save edit...
Meanwhile, over the years, a few things have changed and they have made it "accessible" to almost everyone, even creating pre-made profiles by those who know how to do it.
The save edit and localmods are a godsend, because in my opinion they allow you to customize your truck almost like in reality, given that unfortunately the accessories and DLCs are really sad and devoid of any sense... and don't allow you to customize much other than adding some chrome, some beacons etc... nothing special..
Obviously everything has a limit, I personally only love Holland Style trucks or everything that has it and is part of it.
Trucks with too many lights (Turkish style), parts on parts of and from other trucks, bumpers too low that touch the ground, lights and small lights placed without any sense, chrome etc. I really hate them.
They are UNREALISTIC and only cause problems for other players as you may encounter LAG, GAME CRASH, FPS DROPS excc
Unfortunately, not everyone plays respectfully and appropriately, and this causes many problems.

Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | Truckers MP Member since 2015.

• Like 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Safe editing gives you way more options in tuning, where the base game lacks in my opionion.

However, as mentioned here multiple times already, those lag machines with 99 attached parts (as 100 are allowed), are just exaggarated.

So as long as it stays in its limits and is not abused, I think that safe editing really adds options and value to the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager