Transform the "simulation" 2 server into a role-playing (RP) server?

Transform the "simulation" 2 server into a role-playing (RP) server?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "simulation" 2 server be transformed into a role-playing (RP) server?

• Yes, I agree.
    • No, I do NOT agree.

Howdy fellow truckers,

I've been giving some thought to the "simulation" 2 server, as it hasn't seen much activity since its introduction.

How about transforming it into a dedicated role-playing (RP) server?

The server could be defined by certain pre-settings, for example

• collision mode enabled in all areas
  • activated fines
  • activated fatigue
  • syncronized weather
  • etc...

As role-playing adds a layer of realism and immersion to the game, it would be beneficial for the part of the TruckersMP community which strives for realistic simulation.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this proposal.

Please vote and if you like, share your opinions, ideas, and suggestions below. 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaaaali. said:

Kesinlikle eğlenceli geliyor ama@VerschwindenTR Yukarıda söylediğim gibi, insanların (hepsinin değil ama çoğunluğunun) kurallara uyacağından şüpheliyim, çünkü hepimiz bunun nasıl olduğunu biliyoruz. Moderasyon ekibini kesinlikle bunaltabilir.

It requires frequent monitoring and strict management This can also be tiring for managers.

Well, we all see how popular the Speedlimit of 150kph is, after the Survey by TruckersMP. Instead of talking the Idea down, why not strap the Man Pants on and give it a try? There is nothing to lose, but it is possible that Simulation Gameplay prefering Players came back to TruckersMP.

• Upvote 2

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

30 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

you can already disable/enable in base game, and if you disabled it all why should it be forced by TMP anyway.

Very interesting reply.

You're saying that we shouldn't force a setting on TMP if it's something that can be enable/disable on the base game.

But isn't the Arcade server collision free? As far as I know there is no UI setting in the base game to make things collision free (the base game forces collisions)? Still TMP is "forcing" collision free in Arcade.

So why is it completely fine to break your rule for Arcade (forcing no collision)? But not for Simulation 2 (forcing fatigue etc...)?

That shows the philosophy/strategy of TMP over the last few years: going more towards Arcade and less towards Simulation.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

The collisions i agree but the other settings should be optional imo, because you can already disable/enable in base game, and if you disabled it all why should it be forced by TMP anyway.

The idea of the role-playing server is ... well ... to role-play (suprise!), and in this particualr case, a trucker and company owner.

Against this background, don't you think it would be only a logical consequence to enable as many features as possible that support a realistic experience as best as possible?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Very interesting reply.

You're saying that we shouldn't force a setting on TMP if it's something that can be enable/disable on the base game.

But isn't the Arcade server collision free? As far as I know there is no UI setting in the base game to make things collision free (the base game forces collisions)? Still TMP is "forcing" collision free in Arcade.

So why is it completely fine to break your rule for Arcade (forcing no collision)? But not for Simulation 2 (forcing fatigue etc...)?

That shows the philosophy/strategy of TMP over the last few years: going more towards Arcade and less towards Simulation.

the collision and non collision did TMP made from scratch, so of course we can control that, but for other settings mentioned by OP you can already disable/enable in the main menu.

Again this is just weird of you disable fatigue, then drive on SIM2 your driver still get tired, that makes no sense whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The idea of the role-playing server is ... well ... to role-play (suprise!), and in this particualr case, a trucker and company owner.

Against this background, don't you think it would be only a logical consequence to enable as many features as possible that support a realistic experience as best as possible?

Yes of course i would love to have many features as possible, but you cannot simply block those from the base game ?

also wondering how that will work if we block some basic game features, but still allowing them to be activated on our server how will the game track it ?

45 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Yes of course i would love to have many features as possible, but you cannot simply block those from the base game ?

also wondering how that will work if we block some basic game features, but still allowing them to be activated on our server how will the game track it ?

I dare to say that any game setting can be "locked", overriding local settings, including limiting setting's range to standard values only.

If you can remember there used to be problem with random road events and detours until TMP disabled them, effectively forcing game settings. Also I believe truck stability and suspension related settigns are limited to values ranges that can be achieved with menu sliders, although higher or even negative numbers can be used with console commands.

I don't see why there would be a problem with some settings being forced, those that don't want that have the freedom to choose different server. I do not have that freedom.

Why maintaing 2 arcade servers, plus one ghost server that nobody wants?

You could just secretely set the speed limit on sim1 to 150km/h, since there's the crowd that voted and cried for it, but they just hang there, cause that's where everybody else is, leaving the server made for them without other purpose than when sim1 gets full (rarely) or when there's an outgage. Seriously, why TMP just don't do that is beyond me.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Granite [SVK] said:

I dare to say that any game setting can be "locked", overriding local settings, including limiting setting's range to standard values only.

If you can remember there used to be problem with random road events and detours until TMP disabled them, effectively forcing game settings. Also I believe truck stability and suspension related settigns are limited to values ranges that can be achieved with menu sliders, although higher or even negative numbers can be used with console commands.

I don't see why there would be a problem with some settings being forced, those that don't want that have the freedom to choose different server. I do not have that freedom.

Why maintaing 2 arcade servers, plus one ghost server that nobody wants?

You could just secretely set the speed limit on sim1 to 150km/h, since there's the crowd that voted and cried for it, but they just hang there, cause that's where everybody else is, leaving the server made for them without other purpose than when sim1 gets full (rarely) or when there's an outgage. Seriously, why TMP just don't do that is beyond me.

I do believe that these random events are not yet fully synchronized with the players, so there was a not seeable hitbox suddenly on the road where players crash on too so that does makes sense to disable that.

but again the other features should be optional so players can choose if they want these settings on or off. 

10 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

but again the other features should be optional so players can choose if they want these settings on or off. 

The idea is that certain features are set by the server and can't be changed by the user.

Imagine, users could turn off the speed limit on "simulation" 1 server.

It doesn't make sense to provide the option of turning certain features on or off, in particular not, if such features are a fundamentally part of the role-playing.

These features definitely include collision, fatigue, fines, weather and (hopefully) many more.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator