Duisburg-Calais Gas Station Traffic Problem

ELDEST

Suggestion Name: Making the gas station double-sided

Suggestion Description: There is a lot of traffic on the one-way road in Calais Duisburg between 19.30 and after. The gas station on one side of the road also triggers the traffic. Gas station should be double-sided

Any example images:

Ekrangrnts2024-02-02015308.png.3e5b7e4ed7a4b74a68101ca0c79a728f.png

Why it should be added: To reduce traffic and chaos that's why it should be done.

Edited by ELDEST
I arranged it according to the template.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Your suggestion is good, but I think having 2 arms may cause increased traffic at entrances and exits. That's why I think there should be a single, larger parking area, and of course, the connection roads at the exit should be designed and developed according to the number of users here.

• Like 1
  • Woah! 1

I think the petrol station on the road near the calais should be expanded.

• Like 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

If anything, I would suggest removing this gas station completely and using the space (make it bigger) to create a decent size truck meet up place with a TMP logo you can take pics in front of etc. obviously there would have to be some sort of road leading off C-D, but TMP definitely lacks a decent size space, especially round CD for players to meet up, take pics together etc that is big enough to accommodate the amount of players! 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Niuro said:

This will force people, in time, to stop the practice with overtaking traffic via the gas stations. Simple. One only need to think a bit and have a living imagination.

I took your advise, thought a bit, and came to the conclusion that if one considers the high traffic volume in that area, a toll station might lead to a traffic congestion and worsen the present situation.

• Upvote 3

Personally, can’t see them making any adjustments until SCS software have completed the rebuild of the CD area. You’ve also got to remember the majority of people that drive that road actually enjoy sitting in a little bit of traffic so making too many changes to improve traffic for a lot of people takes away the enjoyment of that road where you don’t have to stop for anybody

On 3/29/2024 at 11:59 PM, MartinV90 said:

Personally, can’t see them making any adjustments until SCS software have completed the rebuild of the CD area. You’ve also got to remember the majority of people that drive that road actually enjoy sitting in a little bit of traffic so making too many changes to improve traffic for a lot of people takes away the enjoyment of that road where you don’t have to stop for anybody

There is a huge difference between "sitting in traffic" and using all available road surfaces to overtake traffic from the inside at high speeds.

• True Story 1