Add S-curve to new DU Ca rest stop

Catonaut

Hey guys,

the new changed rest stop on the DU CA road is quite good, but I noticed that many drivers overtake, while others drive in the middle road, fast through the gas station and get back on the main road. See pic:

https://imgur.com/a/5RNDwET

My suggestion would be to add a S-curve with a wall behind (for reasons) at the beginning of both directions when entering the rest stop so players are forced to brake and enter slowly instead of rushing through. Is just bad when you park, get rammed and then reported for blocking the way but it's not you fault.

Why it should be added? Well to avoid accidents and reporting of the wrong players

Cheers

• Upvote 1

The French Layout of a Rest Station would be better. Lead the Traffic Away from the Main Road and Insert Round Abouts to seperate the Parking Spots and the Refuel Spots. Then People would not be able to use the Rest and Refuel Area as Zoom by Rocket Ramp to Overtake the regular Traffic!

• Upvote 6

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

We all know how "well" Speedlimits are working in this Area. Combine this with Speedbumps and you have a Truck and Scoda Pogo Stick Party were all Dancers shouting "YOLO"  and every 3 Seconds another Vehicle flys through the Scenery! 😉 

EDIT: The Goal is to create a more Safe Area and not another Hulu Hoop Fun Ballpit Bouncy Park!

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

On 12/31/2023 at 1:00 AM, Low Horsepower Truck said:

We all know how "well" Speedlimits are working in this Area. Combine this with Speedbumps and you have a Truck and Scoda Pogo Stick Party were all Dancers shouting "YOLO"  and every 3 Seconds another Vehicle flys through the Scenery! 😉 

EDIT: The Goal is to create a more Safe Area and not another Hulu Hoop Fun Ballpit Bouncy Park!

What about adding roundabouts before and after the area and then speedbumps at entrance and exit fuel/rest station would that be classified as more safer area ?

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

What about adding roundabouts before and after the area and then speedbumps at entrance and exit fuel/rest station would that be classified as more safer area ?

You mean Roundabouts on the Main Road?

9 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Yes on the main road, so players need to slow down in order to enter fuel/rest station or go straight ahead to enter another roundabout on the main road, so that are on both sides to reduce the speed between this section.

While roundabouts generally provide a smoother flow of traffic, they can cause traffic congestions in case of high traffic volumes.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:16 AM, blabberbeak said:

While roundabouts generally provide a smoother flow of traffic, they can cause traffic congestions in case of high traffic volumes.

I agree with that. While th idea is good, I think rtoaundabouts slow the traffic down too much. I can already say aswell that palyers try to leave and enter the gas station the wrong way. That needs to be pevented also.

How about something like this (see the attached image). A loop at the beginning at at the end and the gas station in the middle (while remodeling more paarking lots would be cool, especially for longer trucks)?

Unbenannt2.png

33 minutes ago, Catonaut said:

I agree with that. While th idea is good, I think rtoaundabouts slow the traffic down too much. I can already say aswell that palyers try to leave and enter the gas station the wrong way. That needs to be pevented also.

How about something like this (see the attached image). A loop at the beginning at at the end and the gas station in the middle (while remodeling more paarking lots would be cool, especially for longer trucks)?

Unbenannt2.png

I imagined something similar, like the Aire de Cestas, which is located south of Bordeaux, see below:

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:45 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Yes on the main road, so players need to slow down in order to enter fuel/rest station or go straight ahead to enter another roundabout on the main road, so that are on both sides to reduce the speed between this section.

Kinda like your idea.

use the smart signs and warn about that speedbumps also.

Display 70 km/h - (also add a no overtake-sign there too)

Had a idea about a toll-based road, pay to drive, have to slow down to enter and exit areas.

A toll-booth, 2-lane per travel direction. Use the outer ones to direct with bollards to gas-station, something like this picture maybe:

spacer.png

smart-sign.jpg

My In-Game Status: image.png

5 hours ago, K4XN said:

Kinda like your idea.

use the smart signs and warn about that speedbumps also.

Display 70 km/h - (also add a no overtake-sign there too)

Had a idea about a toll-based road, pay to drive, have to slow down to enter and exit areas.

A toll-booth, 2-lane per travel direction. Use the outer ones to direct with bollards to gas-station, something like this picture maybe:

spacer.png

smart-sign.jpg

I like the idea of a toll-booth Duca road. Would be funny for an aprils fool. pay everytime when entering and leaving a totally crazy big amount of money :D.

Enter the road? pay for it

leave the road? pay for it

enter gas station? pay for it

leave the gas station? pay for it

drive over the level crossing? pay for it

You can make that bigger: the road has various speed limits. put a flash for every new speed limit on the side. you're too fast? pay for it. you're too fast again? pay for it but moooore.

But back to the topic. I don't really care what solution it will gonna be as long as traffic doesn't get too stuck and players can't rush through the gas station and rest stop. The french version like @Low Horsepower Truck and @blabberbeak suggested the most.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, Not Wanted Playstyle said:

The French Layout of a Rest Station would be better. Lead the Traffic Away from the Main Road and Insert Round Abouts to seperate the Parking Spots and the Refuel Spots. Then People would not be able to use the Rest and Refuel Area as Zoom by Rocket Ramp to Overtake the regular Traffic!

Yesss... insert roundabouts that can't be hoped over...