What's your go-to route in ETS2 for the best vibes?

Quartet

Hey everyone,

I've been really getting into exploring different routes in ETS2 lately. There's something about finding that perfect road trip that combines amazing scenery, a bit of a driving challenge, and just the right atmosphere for either a relaxing journey or an exciting adventure. Do you have those go-to routes in the game that you just love?

I'm super curious to know which routes you find most enjoyable and why. Are there any hidden gems that you've come across? Maybe some scenic paths with breathtaking views, or busy urban routes that test your navigating skills? And how about those tricky terrains that keep you on the edge of your seat? It would be awesome to hear about your experiences, like any funny mishaps, close calls, or memorable moments you've had while trucking through these routes. Plus, if you've got any tips or tricks for mastering certain roads or just making the journey more enjoyable, I'm all ears.

• Like 1

On the "out of the box" ETS2 map, Norway does have a few amazing scenic roads but they are not very challenging. If you want a bit more driving challenges you can go in Corsica. And for me the road that combines both scenic roads and challenging roads is the Alpine road between Innsbruck and Klagenfurt.

On Promods, Iceland is beautiful (if you like snow) and can be challenging on some small icy/rocky roads (especially the one crossing the island). And for a combination of scenic road and challenging road you have the Kirkenes quarry road.

If you like pure driving simulation I advise you to go for all simulation settings enabled (obviously) as well as manual gearbox (for additional challenge). And avoid picking the most powerful engine which will allow you to pull anything on any road without much problem. Instead get a 500-600bhp engine to transport a 50T+ cargo on a long lower bed trailer and drive in one of these challenging mountain roads! Good fun 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

On the "out of the box" ETS2 map, Norway does have a few amazing scenic roads but they are not very challenging. If you want a bit more driving challenges you can go in Corsica. And for me the road that combines both scenic roads and challenging roads is the Alpine road between Innsbruck and Klagenfurt.

On Promods, Iceland is beautiful (if you like snow) and can be challenging on some small icy/rocky roads (especially the one crossing the island). And for a combination of scenic road and challenging road you have the Kirkenes quarry road.

If you like pure driving simulation I advise you to go for all simulation settings enabled (obviously) as well as manual gearbox (for additional challenge). And avoid picking the most powerful engine which will allow you to pull anything on any road without much problem. Instead get a 500-600bhp engine to transport a 50T+ cargo on a long lower bed trailer and drive in one of these challenging mountain roads! Good fun 🙂

Unless it's ProMods, i wouldn't go there until they get a revamp.

Lol no. Worse engine + heavy cargo + steep hills = not working.

3 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Thanks for the awesome route recommendations! Driving through the Alps or over tricky Icelandic roads with proper realism and a medium-powered truck sounds like a real blast. I'm definitely going to check those out in my next session. As someone who uses a manual shifter with range selector too, really appreciate you highlighting drives that will push my skills to the limit while taking in stunning scenery. Routes with challenging terrain are perfect for putting all that simulation gear to good use. Excited to log some miles on your suggested passes and really test out my rig control. Thanks again for the great tips - they'll come in handy next time I'm planning an immersive virtual haul.

2 hours ago, _raffaele_ said:

"What's your go-to route in ETS2 for the best vibes?"

c-d road 👌

That's a stressful way doing things for me, i am more like c-d road evader, because every single time you are OTR there, you risk getting banned or hit by some crazy guys ridin' scouts.

2 hours ago, Quartet said:

i am more like c-d road evader, because every single time you are OTR there, you risk getting banned or hit by some crazy guys ridin' scouts.

Which is why, i'm in "retirement" until SCS revamps Netherlands & Belgium. And, it's supported on the server. Once i see how it looks, then i'll decide if i want to check it out. Or just stick to forum visits.

10 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Which is why, i'm in "retirement" until SCS revamps Netherlands & Belgium. And, it's supported on the server. Once i see how it looks, then i'll decide if i want to check it out. Or just stick to forum visits.

Same here.
The road between Duisburg and Calais doesn't even exist in this form in real life. Revamping the BeNeLux will hopefully be the end of it.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

On 11/23/2023 at 7:01 PM, Quartet said:

That's a stressful way doing things for me, i am more like c-d road evader, because every single time you are OTR there, you risk getting banned or hit by some crazy guys ridin' scouts.

You get banned if you do something you shouldn't do, if you drive by the rules you don't even have to worry,

85/90% of accidents i see happen because people drive too close to the truck in front and because they overtake on that road,

I've been driving on that road for 2 years straight, i've always avoided overtaking and driving too close to the truck in front, i've never had problems,

In general, even if you hope that SCS will remove the road from the game, players will find another one, so you will always be in the complaint loop, 

Maybe it's not the road, but the TMP experience that doesn't match your expectations 👍

But yes, your point of view is understandable; it can be an overwhelming experience for players who are not used to driving there

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 11/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, _raffaele_ said:

You get banned if you do something you shouldn't do, if you drive by the rules you don't even have to worry,

85/90% of accidents i see happen because people drive too close to the truck in front and because they overtake on that road,

I've been driving on that road for 2 years straight, i've always avoided overtaking and driving too close to the truck in front, i've never had problems,

In general, even if you hope that SCS will remove the road from the game, players will find another one, so you will always be in the complaint loop, 

Maybe it's not the road, but the TMP experience that doesn't match your expectations 👍

But yes, your point of view is understandable; it can be an overwhelming experience for players who are not used to driving there

Every single time when i have to take this road on Sim 1 it's either unreasonable traffic jam or damaged cargo and headache. Also some clever guys ramming you then write "rec ban" in gc, which ain't comforting at all too. Maybe that's what affected the way i see it. 

4 hours ago, Quartet said:

Every single time when i have to take this road on Sim 1 it's either unreasonable traffic jam or damaged cargo and headache. Also some clever guys ramming you then write "rec ban" in gc, which ain't comforting at all too. Maybe that's what affected the way i see it. 

Not to mention people chatting in every languages but English! The only English words you can read are "rec", "rep" or friendly words 😆

EDIT: oh! Actually I forgot something in English that comes regularly in the chat: "Your report has timed out. Please consider opening a report on our website." 😂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Quartet said:

This is normal if you are not used to it,

Those who write rec when they hit you, just ignore them, if you haven't done anything there is no point in them saying rec for something they did wrong,

A saying i have heard here where i live is: the wife of imbeciles is always pregnant 😂

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 11/23/2023 at 11:52 PM, Foobrother said:

Well I already did the Kirkenes road pulling a Locomotive using a Iveco. Wasn't the fastest trip and you don't want to be blocked by someone else in the middle of a climb, but I did it 🙂

I did similar thing quite a while ago, also going MS Stein Kirkenes, pulling Locomotive G6 with Scania S 730 + 1+4 Low Bed , I did it uphill after few attempts, but downhill is just impossible.

Kind Regards,
[MCG] StarGuardian KaiSa
ETS2MCG Mod/Kai'Sa Express CEO/TruckersMP Player

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.