Expand the current TAG name from 19 characters to 22/24

'Rossoo770s.

Suggestion Name: User TAG name expansion to  22 or 24  characters

Suggestion Description: Expand the TAG name in-game from 19 characters to 22/24 usable and visibe to everyone all of them.

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: 

Maybe not everyone might be interested in what I'm about to request, but maybe someone like me would.
As you will have understood from the title and the suggestion, my request is to expand the TAG from 18/19 characters to 22/24 usable and visible characters.
For example, if you use special characters or want to write the name in full, for example "Aurora | GER | Human Resources" "TruckersMP Member Since 2015" or any other name or phrase longer than 18 characters that cannot be shortened, it won't work. and some letters are cut off... or because the use of special characters takes up more space...
I hope that my request is clear and that it contributes to the improvement of the Community.

Have all a great day and Drive Safe!

Best Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TruckersMP Member since 2015.

• Upvote 5

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

• 'Rossoo770s. changed the title to Expand the current TAG name from 19 characters to 22/24

Of Course, i would appreciate when i can expand my Tag, there are so many vital Informations needed in Tag, as example: Keep Distance/Dont Touch/Do Not Overtake When It Is Not Safe/REC/REP/BAN/WOT/Hard Physics/AMK/Real Truck Driving/Incredible Hardcore Logistics/Speed Limit/Obey Rules Low Horsepower Truck

The Tag is large enough when there is Information Overflow in Tab-List or Onscreen! 😉

• Like 1
  • Woah! 2

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

@Rossoo770s., is there a particular reason why you suggest 22 respectively 24 characters?

Because 22 is the minimum of character and 24 is the maximum... otherwise it would be too long and the more things you write the more CPU it would require to read and process them... 24 is the maximum length I would do, it fits most of the sentences or words like REC | 25t | Keep Distance excc... btw I'll wrote there in the topic why I suggest that :))

• Thanks 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

On 12/11/2023 at 12:22 PM, Rossoo770s. said:

Because 22 is the minimum of character and 24 is the maximum... otherwise it would be too long and the more things you write the more CPU it would require to read and process them... 24 is the maximum length I would do, it fits most of the sentences or words like REC | 25t | Keep Distance excc... btw I'll wrote there in the topic why I suggest that :))

Can remove the "REC | " part since it's useless and it'll save you 6 symbols.

Overly long texts may cause distraction on the screen. It should also be noted that these texts can be of any color. That's why I think these articles should only be written by VCT members to represent their own VCTs or some fixed terms, so that people's nonsense articles do not take up space on the screen. For example, if you are a heavy tonnage vehicle, this is added there as a template and those who carry heavy loads use it.

Hello Rossoo770s. ,
Increasing the Tags in the game from 19 words to 24 words is a good idea, but considering features such as covering the players' screen and changing color of the Tags in densely populated cities, it seems very likely that there will be a problem. For this reason, it is very unlikely that there will be such an update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 11:22 AM, Rossoo770s. said:

it fits most of the sentences or words like REC | 25t | Keep Distance excc

I very often see players who have been active on TruckersMP for a long time and still haven't understood how to keep their distance.

They're always surprised that there are lags when I brake and they cause accidents. If they still haven't understood it the second time and still drive too close, then a "keep distance" in the tag doesn't help.  And a "rec" in the tag is just as superfluous.  Not only in the tag, but also the pointless writing in the chat "rec @1234".

Save video evidence, write a report, done.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

I very often see players who have been active on TruckersMP for a long time and still haven't understood how to keep their distance.

They're always surprised that there are lags when I brake and they cause accidents. If they still haven't understood it the second time and still drive too close, then a "keep distance" in the tag doesn't help.  And a "rec" in the tag is just as superfluous.  Not only in the tag, but also the pointless writing in the chat "rec @1234".

Save video evidence, write a report, done.

Activity alone doesn't necessarily improve one's skill level.

Unless one is interested in and understands the reason and benefits of defensive driving, one will always pose a risk to oneself and others.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, Rossoo770s. said:

Suggestion Name: User TAG name expansion to  22 or 24  characters

Suggestion Description: Expand the TAG name in-game from 19 characters to 22/24 usable and visibe to everyone all of them.

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: 

Maybe not everyone might be interested in what I'm about to request, but maybe someone like me would.
As you will have understood from the title and the suggestion, my request is to expand the TAG from 18/19 characters to 22/24 usable and visible characters.
For example, if you use special characters or want to write the name in full, for example "Aurora | GER | Human Resources" "TruckersMP Member Since 2015" or any other name or phrase longer than 18 characters that cannot be shortened, it won't work. and some letters are cut off... or because the use of special characters takes up more space...
I hope that my request is clear and that it contributes to the improvement of the Community.

Have all a great day and Drive Safe!

Best Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TruckersMP Member since 2015.

Hi! I have a question for you -> how many people care for that and how many have the time to read it while driving? 
It is way too long and pointless. Better have a medal emblem like the PATRON next to your tag.

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2023 at 1:47 PM, If Its Itchy,Just Scratch said:

Of Course, i would appreciate when i can expand my Tag, there are so many vital Informations needed in Tag, as example: Keep Distance/Dont Touch/Do Not Overtake When It Is Not Safe/REC/REP/BAN/WOT/Hard Physics/AMK/Real Truck Driving/Incredible Hardcore Logistics/Speed Limit/Obey Rules Low Horsepower Truck

The Tag is large enough when there is Information Overflow in Tab-List or Onscreen! 😉

But why would you need to put any of that in your tag? Players should be following those rules anyway?

I personally don’t even pay attention to this tag system. Or if you are a member of the event team for that convoy etc

I also disagree with this suggestion. For my part, I don't want the screen to become more cluttered with larger tags, or to have the tag-column in the tab menu take up more space.

I can already communicate all the information I deem necessary with the current tag (my VTC name and my primary non-English language).