The dangers of speeding

Interstate Nomad

Howdy fellow truckers,

this article is dedicated to the topic of speeding and its dangers.

Feel free to leave your opinion and questions below.

What is speeding?

Speeding is when a driver goes faster than the posted speed limit or faster than a safe and reasonable speed for traffic, road and weather conditions. 

Why is speeding dangerous?

Speeding is a dangerous behavior that poses a significant risk to drivers and other road users.

Speeding reduces a driver's reaction time. When a vehicle is traveling at high speeds, it becomes much more difficult for the driver to react quickly to unexpected obstacles or changes on the road. This can lead to accidents and collisions.

Speeding reduces a driver's control over the vehicle. 

When a vehicle is traveling at excessive speeds, it becomes harder to maintain control, especially in adverse weather conditions or winding roads. Loss of control can result in accidents.

Speeding significantly increases the severity of accidents. The force of impact in a collision is directly related to the speed of the involved vehicles. Therefore, higher speeds can lead to more destructive accidents. 

Excessive speed is a leading factor in many road accidents. It not only endangers the driver but also poses a danger to other road users.

How can I drive safe?

To ensure safety on the road, it is imperative that drivers obey speed limits and drive at a safe and appropriate speed.

Additionally, drivers should always maintain an appropriate safety distance to other road users. This not only gives them more time to react to unforeseen events on the road, but will also give a better overview of the traffic situation.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2

Thanks for this post. Nice to provide a reminder/refresher to some.

I would expect 100% of the players on TMP to agree with this topic. Unfortunately the racing culture (coming from the majority of motor games) and also laziness make many players ignore it and use more the road as a race track (no road rule respected, curves cut short, off-roading to reach quicker a destination, reckless driving etc...) to travel from A to B as fast possible which isn't the 1st goal of this game (many forget it). 

• Like 2

tbh going fast is not a major problem, the major problem is that i've seen many players who won't understand what does the upside down triangle sign means (which means yield/give way) 

I mean... as long as we all understand the priority and stuff like that, it should solve like 70% of the accidents on either C-D Road or Kirkenes-Quarry Road 🙂

Btw, I usually go with 90-105 on C-D Road or maybe slower, idk. It depends on the density of players, weather (I have rain possibility set to 10%, so if it starts raining in-game, i'm more likely to slow down a bit), etc. 

on the freeway i usually go with 100-110, but if it's raining i go with 90-100

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LK-126-兔宝怡崽 said:

tbh going fast is not a major problem, the major problem is that i've seen many players who won't understand what does the upside down triangle sign means (which means yield/give way) 

I mean... as long as we all understand the priority and stuff like that, it should solve like 70% of the accidents on either C-D Road or Kirkenes-Quarry Road 🙂

Totally agree with you

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

6 minutes ago, LK-126-兔宝怡崽 said:

Moment, wie bekommst du den Patron Master Trucker im Forum angezeigt, ich habe auch Patron, aber er wird nicht im Forum angezeigt 😞

Good question,

I just got it that way.

To be honest, I don't know if I had to link anything else.

But once you've claimed your rewards, it should actually work after a while.

Or see if you have to activate something in the forum, but I don't think so.

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

Speed kills 🙂 

• True Story 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

11 hours ago, LK-126-兔宝怡崽 said:

Speeding in combination with ignoring other road rules and signs amplifies the risk of accidents.

That's why it's essential to follow all traffic rules and regulations.

• True Story 1

Guest Acesteely20

speeding in TMP. Can it be done:

Yes, providing it's safe. Example: C-D road yes you can drive down at 110/KPH providing:

A) You know how to control your truck

B) Its safe to do so i.e. there isn't slow moving vehicles causing you to overtake dangerously just to continue.

C) you brake when necessary and allow time to stop i.e. sharp bends, approaching junctions, Approaching traffic jams

D) You are not putting others at risk/in danger.

I personably don't think there's an issue with driving fast and on the limiter on TMP but what i do have an issue with is the people who speed and just don't slow down for nothing i.e. continue overtaking when traffic is on coming, overtaking on bends etc

3 minutes ago, Acesteely20 said:

speeding in TMP. Can it be done:

Yes, providing it's safe. Example: C-D road yes you can drive down at 110/KPH providing:

A) You know how to control your truck

B) Its safe to do so i.e. there isn't slow moving vehicles causing you to overtake dangerously just to continue.

C) you brake when necessary and allow time to stop i.e. sharp bends, approaching junctions, Approaching traffic jams

D) You are not putting others at risk/in danger.

I personably don't think there's an issue with driving fast and on the limiter on TMP but what i do have an issue with is the people who speed and just don't slow down for nothing i.e. continue overtaking when traffic is on coming, overtaking on bends etc

The answer to your question about whether speeding can done in TruckersMP is, of course, yes.

Speeding is no sorcery, everybody can drive fast.

But speeding is never safe.

The illusion to be in total control over one's vehicle at high speed can quickly turn out to be a serious misjudgement. Overconfidence and the believe to be more skilled than others are other negative factors which decrease safety in road traffic.

Even the most skilled driver has his or her limits, and one of these limits is the lack of knowing other road user's driving behavior.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

13 hours ago, Lena' said:

Speed kills 🙂 

Fortunately not in TMP. Otherwise some countries would be decimated and you would end up with a couple of hundred players! 😂

I think Yes speeding sometimes is ok (when it's safe to do so). But speeding all the time is not ok and equals racing. Obviously in real life speeding is never ok but we are in a game and people can indeed take some liberty as long as they don't bother other players!

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

But speeding is never safe.

Well, driving isn't safe. Speed limits are there for a reason but, speeding on a 90km/h limited empty straight motorway with 3 lines isn't as dangerous as on a 90km/h limited more twisty motorway full of other trucks and just 2 lines.

But in TMP many players, because it's a game and they think they are on an Arcade game, just don't care about the danger 😞

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator