Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

On 9/26/2023 at 12:08 PM, StateCA [NL] said:

Banning people because they are friends with the one who reported?

What does it matter who reported? If the violation is banable then a ban should be issued. Doesn't matter who reported it.

If the violation is not banable and a ban has been issued then either the moderator will correct their mistake in the appeal, or the moderator will be told off for their mistake.

If there is clear evidence that the moderator purely abused their power to issue an invalid ban, they will be removed from the team depending on the severity, I assume. I am not a manager so I don't know what internal standards/procedures they have.

Most cases of "power abuse" I see seems to be people not agreeing that a certain action is banable even though it is.

That is not the moderator "abusing" their power. That is you disagreeing with management's moderation policy.

Appealing to the moderator who banned you is because the moderator that issued the ban can explain his reasoning the best. Plus, they are the ones that should add the evidence during the appeal if they haven't already.

What you dont believe that doesnt happen? I know it does.

And appealing to the same person who banned you has never got anyone unbanned 100% of the time, facts, place has become a joke now.

21 hours ago, Be4rdy said:

What you dont believe that doesnt happen? I know it does.

And appealing to the same person who banned you has never got anyone unbanned 100% of the time, facts, place has become a joke now.

I accepted an appeal a couple days ago, lol.

And why should many appeals be accepted? We shouldn't issue invalid bans in the first place.

Please read our knowledge base regarding appeals. We do not remove valid bans, so appealing to ask for an unban will not happen.

That is MANAGEMENT policy. Has nothing to do with individual moderators.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

5 hours ago, [FT-12] Max_BoosterTR/AZ said:

I am against one-sided anonymity during conversations with moderators about the report. Then we, the players, should be granted anonymity. Let him know who I am when I don't know who I'm talking to. I am clearly against this 📛 . Either equality or nothing at all ⚠️.

We need to know who the player is that created the report because sometimes we need to issue punishments to the recorder. Either due to rule §1.4 or their in-game behaviour.

I hope this explains why I think it's a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • True Story 4

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

5 hours ago, [FT-12] Max_BoosterTR/AZ said:

I am against one-sided anonymity during conversations with moderators about the report. Then we, the players, should be granted anonymity. Let him know who I am when I don't know who I'm talking to. I am clearly against this 📛 . Either equality or nothing at all ⚠️.

Your questions are understandable, but you forget about some points and aspects that in this situation put you, as a player, and a moderator in different situations. There are thousands of players, I would say millions, but as you may know, there are much fewer moderators.

Due to the specifics of the position, moderators in one way or another face thousands of players and since not all players can perceive even a kick adequately, which is why moderators are very often persecuted. I will say from my experience: very often after a kick or ban, players in discord in the general chat begin to swear. You have to be a moderator to feel this, but for now just trust my words. If this did not happen, managers would not begin to think about the morale of the moderators. A lot of good and experienced people could not withstand such a load, because it is really difficult.

So there are valid reasons for this. Not seeing a moderator's name doesn't affect your situation in any way, except that you can't contact that moderator directly, so...

If you put it on the scale, then the moral and psychological state of each moderator is outweighed by compared to the fact that you cannot know the name of the moderator who took the action. So just take a broader view of the situation, not just within the scope of your review.

• Upvote 7

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

11 hours ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

Your questions are understandable, but you forget about some points and aspects that in this situation put you, as a player, and a moderator in different situations. There are thousands of players, I would say millions, but as you may know, there are much fewer moderators.

Due to the specifics of the position, moderators in one way or another face thousands of players and since not all players can perceive even a kick adequately, which is why moderators are very often persecuted. I will say from my experience: very often after a kick or ban, players in discord in the general chat begin to swear. You have to be a moderator to feel this, but for now just trust my words. If this did not happen, managers would not begin to think about the morale of the moderators. A lot of good and experienced people could not withstand such a load, because it is really difficult.

So there are valid reasons for this. Not seeing a moderator's name doesn't affect your situation in any way, except that you can't contact that moderator directly, so...

If you put it on the scale, then the moral and psychological state of each moderator is outweighed by compared to the fact that you cannot know the name of the moderator who took the action. So just take a broader view of the situation, not just within the scope of your review.

That is part of why you are a leader

This is why you also become a Moderator...

You know you will be facing a lot of people...

You know exactly what it will be like ..

that's what they call heat under the job or working under pressure...

Do you think when you head or lead a group of people 

you will not be criticized..

do you think you will not be crucified ?

TMP just took away the pressure and granted you guys immunity 

you can no longer be talked about ..

so the public doesn't know...

you may be retired yes... @[Интегра] ResTed

but...

I tell you this... you dont get better by been invisible 

you become better by been visible,been criticized 

you get better when your been talked about ...

thats how u learn from your mistakes and you apologize

you now no how wrong you are 

if 95% of our appeals are hardly appealed ...

you want me to believe.. that your superiors 

does anything with feedback....

how many people have come out boldly to say the feedback system 

helped me out....????

How Many ????

4 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

That is part of why you are a leader

This is why you also become a Moderator...

You know you will be facing a lot of people...

You know exactly what it will be like ..

that's what they call heat under the job or working under pressure...

Do you think when you head or lead a group of people 

you will not be criticized..

do you think you will not be crucified ?

TMP just took away the pressure and granted you guys immunity 

you can no longer be talked about ..

so the public doesn't know...

but...

helped me out....????

How Many ????

We wont do our jobs better by getting harassed. I do not follow this logic, sorry.

We are not invisible. We are seen by our managers, leaders and peers. The people that should judge our work can still see our work.

Players can still send feedback when their reports and/or appeals are being handled incorrectly. None of that has changed.

I genuinely think you are doing more harm with spreading this misinformation than any good. Players might believe you and think we are actually invincible. We are not!

I understand your point of view. You think the moderators should be held accountable by the public at any time. So our work shouldn't be anonymous.

This system may work in real life politics. But it simply wont work for a moderator on a video game. It is just not the same.

Also please understand that even if your idea might work in theory. It has not worked in practice, based on the previous years of this mod.

What kind of criticism has helped us perform our duties better? What kind of "talked about" by players has helped us perform our duties better? None of these things ever happened. It is just players abusing information and spamming DM's, spamming friend requests, spamming steam invites, spamming steam pages, spamming discord servers, spamming your VTC discord server, spamming your friend's server, spamming the TruckersMP server, creating forum posts, adding you on any social media they might find and spam there, adding your friends and spam them. (spam= heavy insults).

Players wonder why moderators never reply to their DM's. People wonder why we sometimes are so pessimistic, rude or even hostile when they contact us. It is because 99% of the time when you did want to be friendly and replied with "Hey how can I help you?" you get a detailed answer of someone's sexual relationship with your dead grandmother. For how long do you think it is fun to interact with the community, when the only interaction you ever get is negativity?

• Thanks 4
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

3 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

We wont do our jobs better by getting harassed. I do not follow this logic, sorry

Naa!!

U can never follow the logic bro..

It's too much for you to handle..

3 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

I genuinely think you are doing more harm with spreading this misinformation than any good. Players might believe you and think we are actually invincible. We are not!

Please what harm... am I spreading...?

What misinformation?

If your not invincible..

Then your names should be shown simple

Sorry ..am not talking about politic..

But now you've raised it...

I think TMP is now political..

Players have no right... and can't question..

Your behaviors...

Only your superiors...

..if that's not politics...

Then what is it..?

Y'all no it's a video game ...

So what are you afraid of...

Did you get killed or physically harmed by any aggrieved player?

Than spamming and insult...

how about the players that report another player...

Don't they get spammed and insulted too ..

Let me tell ..you...

Moderators are always Rude when you try to question them .....

You moderators feel you shouldn't be questioned at all...

and your decision is final..

So please 🙏 don't use that as part of your excuse...

Talking about moderators been friendly..how..?

Y'all talk with authority.....

U can even increase someone ban from 1week to 2weeks . because they said something you didn't like...

Well.. when it comes to the community..

The community is what made TMP .. what it is Today...

So show some RESPECT to the Community ...

16 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

Please what harm... am I spreading...?

What misinformation?

If your not invincible..

Then your names should be shown simple

No one is invincible, that is simply untrue. There is no need to show names when we as managers can see who it is a player wants to complain about. We then go ahead and deal with it and that is it. There is absolutely no need for you to know who it is other than to go and tell your friends that x person did x thing. Or in other people's cases go and try to harass them or insult them elsewhere etc which is not what is needed whatsoever.

Your behaviors...

Only your superiors...

You can question it, you question it with us as Management. You don't go and question it with the staff member anyway as that isn't the procedure we operate by. You come to us so we can go and get it fixed.

Y'all no it's a video game ...

So what are you afraid of...

Did you get killed or physically harmed by any aggrieved player?

People have had death threats or similar at their addresses from people in this community. That is how sad and disappointing some people are here at the end of the day it has happened before and we certainly don't intend to let it happen again to anyone else as no one should be on the receiving end of something like that no matter what they have done. It should be addressed and fixed appropriately.

Let me tell ..you...

Moderators are always Rude when you try to question them .....

I hope not, that would be extremely disappointing and if people are being rude I would hope it would be forwarded to us so we can have a chat with them and remind them to stay professional at all times.

U can even increase someone ban from 1week to 2weeks . because they said something you didn't like...

We extend bans if there are more violations as a prime example. So if someone committed one rule breach but then we get forwarded another case, of course the ban would be extended because they have broken more rules. If people feel their bans are being extended unfairly or without justification that is what we are here for as managers, to judge it and give a final outcome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, Aek177 said:

No one is invincible, that is simply untrue. There is no need to show names when we as managers can see who it is a player wants to complain about. We then go ahead and deal with it and that is it. There is absolutely no need for you to know who it is other than to go and tell your friends that x person did x thing. Or in other people's cases go and try to harass them or insult them elsewhere etc which is not what is needed whatsoever.

I like your answers .. .

A bit calm and a bit of respect..👍

But, for the one I quoted....

Bro!!..  I have never insulted any moderator before.....

But am not afraid to tell you or anyone ...

That you are wrong..

in your face ...

Even if you are the game dev...

If you are wrong.. 

you are definitely wrong ..

Keep position apart ...

Anyways...you are a Moderator..

you wouldn't want to make your colleague

look bad...

even if you find any of them going out of hand ....

21 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

We need to know who the player is that created the report because sometimes we need to issue punishments to the recorder. Either due to rule §1.4 or their in-game behaviour.

Technically, if we assume that the person submitting the report is the person who recorded, then you could easily have the system NOT showing you (the moderator) who submitted the report and have a button to punish/ban the "reporter" without knowing who it is. (the system would know)

That said, you might still be able to identify the reporter from the recording.

Personally I don't really care about this anonymity and find it positive overall. Even if I think it removes the possibility for players to check if the same moderator did the same mistakes or was too hard/weak over time compared to other moderators. You wouldn't be able to send feedback about it now as you can't identify if it is one specific person behaving like that or pretty much all moderators.

17 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Technically, if we assume that the person submitting the report is the person who recorded, then you could easily have the system NOT showing you (the moderator) who submitted the report and have a button to punish/ban the "reporter" without knowing who it is. (the system would know)

That said, you might still be able to identify the reporter from the recording.

Personally I don't really care about this anonymity and find it positive overall. Even if I think it removes the possibility for players to check if the same moderator did the same mistakes or was too hard/weak over time compared to other moderators. You wouldn't be able to send feedback about it now as you can't identify if it is one specific person behaving like that or pretty much all moderators.

That's what I was thinking about as well. It could be anonymous, but the problem is that it makes it impossible for us to verify who the owner of the evidence is. And the rules state that you can only use video evidence recorder by yourself in-game.

We could remove that rule and make it anonymous. But then players would lose a lot of protection and the videos you share with friends may be abused.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

11 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

but...

helped me out....????

How Many ????

Again, there is some truth in your speech. But again you don't think about 'but'.

You are right that criticism helps you gain experience from your mistakes and draw conclusions that will eliminate similar mistakes in the future. But again, based on my experience, I can affirmatively say that constructive criticism towards the moderator is no more than 5%. What's in the other 95%? There are insults, there are accusations that do not correspond to any truth. How would you feel if every day at least 10 human players you don't know call you an idiot? (this is the most harmless thing). I'm not sure you'll be ready for this. But if you add 10 more people to the insults, who writes you threats? Try to imagine this and answer the question: how long can you work in this mode? And given that it's your responsibility to respond to appeals, you can't ignore things like this, so you read things like this every day. 

Here's another question: what will you think about the players after at least a month of this mode of operation? You will feel different emotions and please believe me. As you should understand, in this situation, thinking about your mistakes and improvement will clearly not be the first thing you think about.

If you look at the team structure (there is a table somewhere, I'm too lazy to look for it), you will see that each moderator reports to the team leader and then to the managers, which clearly indicates that you cannot do what you want, this means that the work of each moderator is monitored and checked, so if you want to say that moderators can abuse their role, then you are completely mistaken. And I’m telling you as a former leader of the moderation team and as a former moderator. 

I don't know why this point was not given attention in the news, but rest assured that the moderators are monitored, as is their work, so any errors will be detected even before you write a ticket about it. So there is no problem with this and you do not need to worry about moderators using this feature to abuse their powers.

"if 95% of our appeals are hardly appealed" - I won't even comment on this lie because every appeal gets a response, so I have no idea where you got this kind of nonsense from.

And yes, problems also need to be discussed, so you may receive a response with a delay or not at all in the appeal, after which you can write to the feedback and they will probably give you an answer. This can happen for a variety of reasons beyond the moderator's control, so it still doesn't match your false claims.

If you want to comment on my answer, then be kind enough to add a constructive part, and not just your unfounded phrases that are not true. If you can't do that, then I don't see the point in discussing it, since my answer is based on my experience and current employees can confirm what I said.

Sincerely.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

4 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

What right as a player is TMP taking away from you? if you don't use the proper systems you will never get the answers to your questions...

When you go into these volunteer programs in communities like these for example you always become a target, you have something that others don't have and your decisions/behaviors can affect the experience of the players,

Also, in my experience here on TMP, a good portion of the players here on TMP don't even have a clue what and why they did wrong, but they are ready to go to war right away, no wonder they tell you that a good portion of the appeals don't make sense,

Just think that there are people who are not right in their head and harass people all day every day online,

I hope you are not one of them, in case you are not, the name of the moderator who banned you is not needed, you only need it if you want to do something that should not be done; there are already systems in place to do everything you need if you need it

• Like 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

23 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

What right as a player is TMP taking away from you? if you don't use the proper systems you will never get the answers to your questions...

When you go into these volunteer programs in communities like these for example you always become a target, you have something that others don't have and your decisions/behaviors can affect the experience of the players,

Also, in my experience here on TMP, a good portion of the players here on TMP don't even have a clue what and why they did wrong, but they are ready to go to war right away, no wonder they tell you that a good portion of the appeals don't make sense,

Just think that there are people who are not right in their head and harass people all day every day online,

I hope you are not one of them, in case you are not, the name of the moderator who banned you is not needed, you only need it if you want to do something that should not be done; there are already systems in place to do everything you need if you need it

Are you trynna become a Moderator in da future?

1 minute ago, L-DR@GO said:

Are you trynna become a Moderator in da future?

Is that an answer to my question or do you have no answers? because it's a random response that has nothing to do with my post or what i wrote,

Wait, i have one aswell, are you trying to become a firefighter?

4 hours ago, PunisherQQ said:

I don't and won't even try to understand why my post has been deleted but for the record, I am still enjoying the drama.

Keep it flowing guys. 🍿

Hello mate, 

I'm sorry for if you post got deleted, I think that the posts here from other users should not be deleted as each person can have a different view on thus situation. 

I wanted to say, that I totally agree with you, this is only useless drama across TMP Forums, idk why the people have to doing that - > 

Look, I think everyone has a chance to express themselves democratically here.

On the other hand, I'm happy because I was right.

I recently suggested in post called "current opinoin about TruckersMP"  a post here that: 

- the managers create a separate team of report moderators (so it doesn't take so long then) 

- to change the strategy and logistics of the Game Moderation team, that has happened before few days ago

etc.

And what happened?
Exactly what I said came true, so I'm proud of myself for having the same view on the matter 🙂 and I think many others did too

I probably have ruined my chance to be in TruckesMP Team, however I can't see anyhting wrong on about saying that. And on the end something for Managers - > If you still think I'm against TruckersMP and based on that you have declined my application for my opinions - > not I'm not!  I think you have known me for long time.

Thanks for reading 🙂 

Have a good evening! 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran IV | MCG Veteran Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

1 hour ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

If you want to comment on my answer, then be kind enough to add a constructive part, and not just your unfounded phrases that are not true. If you can't do that, then I don't see the point in discussing it, since my answer is based on my experience and current employees can confirm what I said.

Well to an extent...

You sounded reasonable

I was like ...yes.. yes ..this sound understandable..

Not until you use the line " nonsense "

Well.. am not even surprised that you don't have an idea of it...

Your last paragraph....

Just showed how typical you where  as Moderator...back then...

Always using the word constructive..

To make others look less of themselves 

You answer is based on your defensive experience...

"Always was...and always will be "

If that's what you call constructive...

You really need a Dictionary...

@Aek177 Sounded Constructive and Respectful enough for me..

I don't need your constructive paragraphs Sir 🙏

36 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

Is that an answer to my question or do you have no answers? because it's a random response that has nothing to do with my post or what i wrote,

Wait, i have one aswell, are you trying to become a firefighter?

Naa..

You really don't have a question..

You want to be noticed 🤣

But, it's good though...

I need something more challenging..

Me against many ...

Yeah ...I can live with that 😂🤣🤣

Bring it on Bro 👍

Dealing with more reports—good. Removing names from bans—whatever. Saying it's anonymisation—rubbish. Anonymisation would mean admins are no longer identifiable. If you drive along C-D during peak hours, I can pretty much bet that you'll come across at least one admin. How will you know they're an admin? Well, they'll be swanning about with their red name on and in their toy police cars.

If you're really that fussed about the abuse you'll receive—don't become an admin. If you really think people are going to be happy about you banning them—you're delusional. People aren't supposed to insult others, but they still do. If you can't take it, don't be in a position to get it. Simply removing who banned someone isn't the magical cure management seems to think it is. Instead, it turns a once simple objective into a "guess-who" game. If someone really wants to track someone down and hurl abuse, they'll do it. Not having a name is no barrier to determination.

The most harrowing "threat" being talked about is people getting death threats. A death threat is nothing more than a coward trying to act tough, and is exactly that—a threat. If someone somehow finds your personal information—it wasn't hidden well enough. If they come to your house, close the door and phone the police—it's not rocket science. None of what has changed will change anything; it'll just make the determined even more determined and the curious even more curious.

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

18 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

I need something more challenging..

No, you don't need it, there is nothing challenging about this no sense,

18 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

Naa..

You really don't have a question..

You want to be noticed 🤣

Are you sure that i am the one who wants to be noticed? from the beginning you are talking nonsense just to argue; you keep crying about the injustice that TMP is doing to you, which you don't even know what it is, 

My question is this, I'll post it again for you: 

1 hour ago, _raffaele_ said:

What right as a player is TMP taking away from you?

I hope to receive it this time

• True Story 1

1 minute ago, _raffaele_ said:

No, you don't need it, there is nothing challenging about this no sense,

Are you sure that i am the one who wants to be noticed? from the beginning you are talking nonsense just to argue; you keep crying about the injustice that TMP is doing to you, which you don't even know what it is, 

My question is this, I'll post it again for you: 

I hope to receive it this time

If you really have eyes...

Please go back and read all the essay competition between I and other moderators... about the right am talking about ....

Then the floor will be open for you ..

To argue with me ...