Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

11 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

You know what I give up.

You're correct. I am a cowboy and I can do whatever I want. I could ban you right now and if you submit a feedback ticket there is nothing management can do because I am anonymous! Haha!

Let me log in on C-D and ban everyone on sight now since I am anonymous anyway, right?

ooooooooo looks nice give me that to 

Kind regards
                                          adrianus_TMP_[NLD]

TruckerMP-Veteran Driver

Discord  forum

16 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

You know what I give up.

You're correct. I am a cowboy and I can do whatever I want. I could ban you right now and if you submit a feedback ticket there is nothing management can do because I am anonymous! Haha!

Let me log in on C-D and ban everyone on sight now since I am anonymous anyway, right?

Yeah...

Go ahead 👍

Do whatever you feel like doing..

Do you know what ...brings a corrupt system....

First taking away the freedom and right of people.....

Whatever they do ...

You have no choice..then to accept it ..

Wether good or bad...

And whatever you say.. doesn't mean anything to them....

That's how corruption  begins 

30 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

Maybe if you don't no me...

Try to know who I am ... okay

I don't preach revenge and don't do revenge..

Who told you I did not read the rules sir..

Maybe your one amongst a Moderators good grace...

You wrote:" You cannot escape abuse.... That's what makes us human..."; abuse doesn't make you human, it makes you a criminal,

You also wrote that knowing the name is "important for us"; it's useless i would say, unless you have a specific purpose for needing to know this,

"good grace" do not exist, i would call it following the rules, if you follow the rules you are already in the "good grace", because you give no reason for the moderators to ban you

• True Story 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

12 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

You wrote:" You cannot escape abuse.... That's what makes us human..."; abuse doesn't make you human, it makes you a criminal,

You also wrote that knowing the name is "important for us"; it's useless i would say, unless you have a specific purpose for needing to know this,

"good grace" do not exist, i would call it following the rules, if you follow the rules you are already in the "good grace", because you give no reason for the moderators to ban you

I have been abuse 

So as other people..

That's life ...

Understand what I meant by ..

That's what makes us human..

We are all victims of abuse in one way or the other

Useless for you not for me 

And to clear you ...

I am not banned....

Yes I have 2 active ban...

But not currently banned... mr

4 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

I have been abuse 

So as other people..

That's life ...

Understand what I meant by ..

That's what makes us human..

We are all victims of abuse in one way or the other

Useless for you not for me 

And to clear you ...

I am not banned....

Yes I have 2 active ban...

But not currently banned... mr

For every abuse there are methods to address it, in this case you have the feedback system, in real life there are other methods; you don't need the name to make a feedback ticket,

You can be a human without abusing others; if you do, you go to the wrong side because it is wrong

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

@Mavi~ and @StateCA [NL]

You guys get promoted behind the system..

But.. your promotion should come from our ratings we the players Community...

That's how a good system is supposed to be .......

or at least a bit of contribution from players / community....

Nepotism.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

3 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

For every abuse there are methods to address it, in this case you have the feedback system, in real life there are other methods; you don't need the name to make a feedback ticket,

You can be a human without abusing others; if you do, you go to the wrong side because it is wrong

You lack knowledge of real life 

Just now, L-DragO* said:

Naa..

Just giving out my point of view

My thoughts

I love thinking out loud 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's fair. But I think letting the community decide on moderators is just going to become a popularity contest.

Btw, are you even aware that punishments are not anonymous internally? If you submit a feedback ticket they can still see who messed up.

• HaulieLove 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 minute ago, StateCA [NL] said:

That's fair. But I think letting the community decide on moderators is just going to become a popularity contest.

Btw, are you even aware that punishments are not anonymous internally? If you submit a feedback ticket they can still see who messed up.

Yes had a bit of thinking about that ...

And some of y'all have vtc..

That's feedback..

Anywhere...

It was good of you not backing down....

It was like a marathon 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

surely it is not the abuse that says you are a human, sensei

define why you need the moderator's name, what is your plan, sensei

U have failed you class.

I have been saying that for the past hours. 

Go through the ...

Essay competition between I and the mods 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• HaulieLove 1

5 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

U have failed you class.

I have been saying that for the past hours. 

Go through the ...

Essay competition between I and the mods 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

sorry for failing the class, sensei,

but saying the wrong things over and over doesn't make them right, sensei

why i have 0 active bans and you have 2, how you can explain that, sensei

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAPPY-TRUCKER said:
2 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Please read carefully and pay attention. I said game/report moderators. 

I have read it did you too ? 80 % of the players do what they like, have no knowledge of road rules and ended up banned, so who fault is that ? moderator or player hmmmmm

3 hours ago, HAPPY-TRUCKER said:

Without the report system there will be NO TruckersMP! Just close C-D road or make it a non collision zone! It will solve 80% of your problems TMP!

Understandably, you are being sarcastic (or at least, I think you are) but I'd like to use your comment to make a point to those who believe in this idea. 

Turning an area of road this large will essentially ruin the feel of a simulation server - it might as well be another Arcade server. However, the point is, even if the developers removed this road, the player base will find another stretch of read and that will end up being the new Calais to Duisburg. Many veteran members of this community will tell you that C-D wasn't always the most famous road, and this proves that it doesn't matter what stretch of road it is, if enough players drive on it, it will inevitably get popular. So I ask you this, if the developers do make C-D a non-collision area and then the player base decides to make another road the new 'C-D', do we make that a non-collision area as well? If we do, then in time, the majority of the map will be non-collision. 

I fail to see what the issue of this new update is. If anything, it means the Game Moderator can 'moderate' the servers with more ease, and it's obvious the reason why GMs do web reports is so they can help fellow colleagues, and report moderators.  Now it's not all the player base that does this but a portion of them enjoy driving on roads like this to rank up *report points*, as if it's some kind of game because eventually a player will have some accident with them - leaving the frequent road user screaming "rec ban". Then low and behold, you have reports flying in from all directions which puts a lot of stress on the Moderation team. 

It's as simple as this:

Fewer web reports = Flexibility to GMs = More in-game reports being viewed.

It also means that there will be fewer web reports since the GM could've already reviewed the report in-game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NightBIade said:

Fewer web reports = Flexibility to GMs = More in-game reports being viewed.

It also means that there will be fewer web reports since the GM could've already reviewed the report in-game.

Yes on paper, you're right. And I can see that now the web-report system is at "Normal". But I'm still waiting to see any improvement on the road.

I've been playing regularly on CD during peak times (with 3000-3500 players connected) over the last week to see if GMs are more present and if my in-game reports are processed.

While I've seen a bit more GMs playing, I've not seen more active moderation going on and my in-game reports are still timing out.

Also, to continue with the logical thinking, if we have more moderation (in-game) that means we would have more people punished and banned? At the end of the day, the offenses remain the same as if they were reported on the web system?

So that should translate to:

More in-game moderation (kick & bans) + new, more performant, system preventing ban evading = less total connected players compared to before September (when the latest update was deployed)

Unfortunately when I'm looking at the public stats I'm not seeing any decline in number of connected players since the update announcement on 1st of September:

z5qgkvn.png

Maybe because there are more new players than in the previous months which would compensate the banned players (who, by definition, should be less connected)?

Or simply because we are still not processing more offenses than before the update 😞

Or another reason I've not foreseen?! 

• True Story 1

6 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Yes on paper, you're right. But I'm still waiting to see any improvement.

I've been playing regularly on CD during peak times (with 3000-3500 players connected) over the last week to see if GMs are more present and if my in-game reports are processed.

While I've seen a bit more GMs playing, I've not seen more active moderation going on and my in-game reports are still timing out.

Also, to continue with the logical thinking, if we have more moderation (in-game) that means we would have more people punished and banned? At the end of the day, the offenses remain the same as if they were reported on the web system?

So that should translate to:

More in-game moderation (kick & bans) + new, more performant, system preventing ban evading = less total connected players compared to before September (when the latest update was deployed)

Unfortunately when I'm looking at the public stats I'm not seeing any decline in number of connected players since the update announcement on 1st of September:

z5qgkvn.png

Maybe because there are more new players than in the previous months which would compensate the banned players (who, by definition, should be less connected)?

Or simply because we are still not processing more offenses than before the update 😞

Or another reason I've not foreseen?! 

As with a lot of things in life, things take time. You can't just plant a tree sapling one day and expect it to be fully grown the next. As for the data, there can be many reasons for the changes - such as holidays, strikes, global events, etc... so you will never have a constant flow of data. As for the offences remaining the same, it doesn't really matter because, at the end of the day, the players who choose to break TMP rules will be punished accordingly. As for the evaders, the only time they are wasting is their own because the moderation team have their own special tools to catch them.

8 hours ago, NightBIade said:

Turning an area of road this large will essentially ruin the feel of a simulation server - it might as well be another Arcade server.

Woah! Wait! It seems that one of us missed something...

Since when does the TruckersMP team  gives a rat's axx about simulation?

The TruckersMP team recently buried Road To Simulation and increased the speed limit.

They waste ressources and time to counter problems caused by players by editing a road that doesn't even exist in the real world.

What has this to do with simulation?

Let's face it: TruckersMP solely has arcade servers! They only differ in the collision settings and speed limit.

Whoever had a feel of a simulation server must have played on an exclusive server which hasn't been made available to the public yet.

• True Story 1

33 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Woah! Wait! It seems that one of us missed something...

Since when does the TruckersMP team  gives a rat's axx about simulation?

The TruckersMP team recently buried Road To Simulation and increased the speed limit.

They waste ressources and time to counter problems caused by players by editing a road that doesn't even exist in the real world.

What has this to do with simulation?

Let's face it: TruckersMP solely has arcade servers! They only differ in the collision settings and speed limit.

Whoever had a feel of a simulation server must have played on an exclusive server which hasn't been made available to the public yet.

Firstly, the speed limit change was for the interest of the player base, and we have to understand that this is still a video game. So, you can expect that everything won't be fully in line with 'Simulation'.

Secondly, C-D isn't an actual road - it was created by SCS, like many other roads. TruckersMP have nothing to do with the creation of the map, they only made these form of edits to help ease traffic on busy roads. If the map was on a full real life scale then the map would be much larger. That's why there's a mod called Promods, which attempts to make the map realistic.

• Upvote 1