Make TruckersMP paid

SimchoL

This mod should be payable, not free. There are tooooo many toxic players, who don't care about bans, because it's free. If he get perma - they buy ETS2 from new steam for 5 euro and continue to drive inappropriately. It's ok for you if its paid, its ok for us - normal players, it's not ok only for trolls.. think about this. 10 euro is ok, 4-5k ppl, 10 euro from a person is not great but is at least something for all that work that you put in something free anyway...

Edited by Leon Baker
Removed Inappropriate Language
  • Upvote 3

An interesting idea to Make TMP paid! Maybe a monthly fee would be more better? Of course, you would still likely get trolls, but I strongly believe they would be decreased dramatically, which intern would improve the report time, and just make everything more enjoyable! Will i think this ides will be accepted? No, TMP just seem to want to get as many players on their servers as possible, no matter if they can drive or not

• True Story 1

24 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If TMP decided to charge a fee to their users for playing with the mod, they'd surely be facing legal actions from SCS, which owns the games and their copyrights. Not the best idea...

I don't think so, there are lots of pay mods for ETS2/ATS around and they don't take legal actions, only ban them from their platforms ... then there are certain scum developers/publishers that take legal actions against free modifications, because they make them look like amateurs and jeopardize their profits, go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Granite said:

I don't think so, there are lots of pay mods for ETS2/ATS around and they don't take legal actions, only ban them from their platforms ... then there are certain scum developers/publishers that take legal actions against free modifications, because they make them look like amateurs and jeopardize their profits, go figure.

The difference is that those mods charge for an specific item that is added to the game, TruckersMP would be charging their users for playing ETS2/ATS differently. I have no idea about how these things work, but I've read lots of times from TMP staff that the only way they can "make money" is through donations (Patreon, currently) and that they can never become a paid service because of legal reasons.

• Like 1

This would most likely kill the player base. Most players on TMP are F2P and don't have things like TMP's Patreon, so people would be pretty upset if you had to pay for access. It also might cause some drama with Patreon users who already pay for TMP, and wouldn't want to pay again. 
Plus, if the hackers and trolls have spare money for a new copy of ETS2, they also probably have extra money for TMP. In my opinion, it wouldn't be worth it.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

22 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The difference is that those mods charge for an specific item that is added to the game, TruckersMP would be charging their users for playing ETS2/ATS differently. I have no idea about how these things work, but I've read lots of times from TMP staff that the only way they can "make money" is through donations (Patreon, currently) and that they can never become a paid service because of legal reasons.

In a way, TMP also adds content or functionality that isnt's or wasn't part of the game, depends on how you look at it. Still, it's all only talks and theories about potentional legal issues that will probably never be fully proven or refuted.

TMP could also expand the patron membership, leaving free service very basic and limited, maybe even limited session time, without locking any of the standard content behind paywall.

However, It wouldn't make sense doing this now when TMP is nowhere near their prime, it would backfire badly.

• True Story 2

The game's only $20 on the store. Plus, a couple of bucks for any cosmetics they want. While everyone's money situation is different, it must be at least stable to bypass any bans to keep playing.

They sadly can't be EA and charge fees other then to be supportive. SCS will want that revenue.

Maybe TMP can add Patron Exclusive Areas (PEA). You paid for it, why not have it be supportive of the map? Free accounts can be restricted from CD Road.

I personally do want to see a Patron only server. TMP has many donators, making like 8k a month, so there would be plenty of people who can use the server, and deffo have more players than current sim 2! It could be a truck only server with national speed limits, no /fix, as realistic as possible. I’d like to see this to get away from the chaos of Sim 1, and not interested in sim 2 with the current speed limit. 

I would even pay a little more than current Master Trucker to get access to this server.. could come with a nice Patron donator skin too you can use

2 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

I personally do want to see a Patron only server. TMP has many donators, making like 8k a month, so there would be plenty of people who can use the server, and deffo have more players than current sim 2! It could be a truck only server with national speed limits, no /fix, as realistic as possible. I’d like to see this to get away from the chaos of Sim 1, and not interested in sim 2 with the current speed limit. 

I would even pay a little more than current Master Trucker to get access to this server.. could come with a nice Patron donator skin too you can use

I don't see the point in having a server that forces these speed limits on you when you can drive the speed limit at your own free will anyway. If you don't like the chaos, drive somewhere quiet on Simulation 2 Normally the busiest areas are France and Germany so somewhere outside that hotspot can be quite quiet. This is just my opinion, but yeah there is nothing stopping you from driving realistically and in the speed limit if you want to.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

25 minutes ago, Stones8000 said:

I don't see the point in having a server that forces these speed limits on you when you can drive the speed limit at your own free will anyway. If you don't like the chaos, drive somewhere quiet on Simulation 2 Normally the busiest areas are France and Germany so somewhere outside that hotspot can be quite quiet. This is just my opinion, but yeah there is nothing stopping you from driving realistically and in the speed limit if you want to.

But its hard to drive realistically when you have people overtaking you doing 150, and people complaining in chat you are driving too slow. Why should anyone drive above the speed limit for that road? 

if a road limit is 44mph, why should everyone be allowed to travel at 68mph? Thats classed as speeding & Reckless driving. Yet if you can only travel the speed limit, reckless driving will decrease, less reports, more realistic for everyone. If people want to speed, go on Arcade! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 6:03 AM, SimchoL said:

This mod should be payable, not free. There are tooooo many toxic players, who don't care about bans, because it's free. If he get perma - they buy ETS2 from new steam for 5 euro and continue to drive like an a$$hole. It's ok for you if its paid, its ok for us - normal players, it's not ok only for trolls.. think about this. 10 euro is ok, 4-5k ppl, 10 euro from a person is not great but is at least something for all that work that you put in something free anyway...

How fortune that all trolls are poor...

On 8/30/2023 at 8:03 AM, SimchoL said:

they buy ETS2 from new steam for 5 euro and continue to drive like an a$$hole....   

10 euro is ok, 4-5k ppl, 10 euro from a person is not great but is at least something for all that work that you put in something free anyway...

As all toxic "players" pay 5-10 euros each for the 2 games, they will pay the same amount for TMP as well.
And they will troll everyone and everything again...

Maybe SCS and TMP should agree on something serious like a future paid project with a serious monthly/annual fee?

🤑

Support, Help, Run and Shout with NATURE and ANIMALS KINGDOM!

1.pngwwf.jpg?itok=uISmlZ_l

Some people don't have any money left at the end of the month, some people struggle to pay for food. And you want to stop them playing a Mod, that was always "free to play"? 

What about the payment options? - Not everyone got a credit or debit card for example. Some people are not even 18 years old - they are legally not allowed to use something like PayPal usually. 

There is the option to give something back to TruckersMP -> Patreon

• True Story 2

• 3 weeks later...