THE CD ROAD

ClutchX

The calais duisburg road is quite the mess, ive been off tmp for a time and It got worse. I know this has always been a problem but now driving there is no longer fun, because today i was cruising (the Road was empty) and out of nowhere theres a traffic jam, in a few minutes i have loads of trucks behind and in front and people are getting off the Road just to overtake others, and even if you overtake legally with room and all and there isnt much traffic people Will get in your way just for you to crash. So, someone cuts in front hitting me and pushing me off the Road, i try getting back in the Road but theres alredy someone not letting me back in, i go a few trucks behind until i find the gap to get in. I propose a solution for all this traffic, reversible lanes. I dont know if its posible but a moderator can be checking where all the traffic piles Up and turn the lane to that direction, this can be very useful depending on demands of traffic in each direction.

I add a picture for reference. I hope the Road improves with my idea, and i would like to see It in-game of possible.

ClutchX

IMG_20230823_230054.jpg

Hi there!

In my opinion, this would cause even more chaos as people will feel that they are entitled to use this lane, and if there are 2 people using this lane from either direction, this is likely to cause numerous head on collisions, resulting in more traffic jams, resulting in more and more web reports.

I'd also like to note that it is not going to possible for at least 1 Game Moderator to be actively moderating this specific lane at all times. 

• Upvote 1

IMO, at that point it would make more sense to just redesign the road to have multiple lanes in each direction (like the map edit for April 1st) as the problem isn't people not being able to get past each other, instead the problem is all the points that force people to cross traffic and both of the fuel stations can easily cause gridlock (and often do)

Also I wouldn't rely on people not using the lane just because "they aren't supposed to/have no reason to", they can't even handle the one lane in each direction let alone having to share a lane down the center

Not really possible to automatically detect people using it wrong, because how do you detect they're using it right? What if they're both using it right?

I do agree with you on it having gotten really bad recently though...

24H4oa0.jpg

3 hours ago, ClutchX said:

And about the head on collisions, people have no reason to use this lane if their direction doesnt have much traffic.

Serious? People already use any space to get ahead of someone, be it shoulder, middle of the road or even grass on the side, why would they not use this lane anytime they wanted, or respect any directions from automated system,  presumably some dynamic signs, which they would have to pay attention to in the first place?

C-D road is vehicle combat simulator, you simply can't improve anything about the road, remember that saying - guns don't kill people? Problem isn't the road, it's the people.

• Upvote 3

The problem with the route is a Moderation problem, not a road problem

They already tried to upgrade the road recently, but that failed...
It was a beautiful upgrade though FYI, but

Traffic Management is harder than it looks, and don't mess with the power that is, "theCDrd"

I recommend a lovely drive through the Swiss Alps, to relieve stress

You need the traffic jams along the way or everyone gets stuck in 3 hour jams at each end... It actually needs more train crossings, but dont tell anyone

9 hours ago, Granite said:

Serious? People already use any space to get ahead of someone, be it shoulder, middle of the road or even grass on the side, why would they not use this lane anytime they wanted, or respect any directions from automated system,  presumably some dynamic signs, which they would have to pay attention to in the first place?

C-D road is vehicle combat simulator, you simply can't improve anything about the road, remember that saying - guns don't kill people? Problem isn't the road, it's the people.

Nice argument, i thought the idea could be possible but yeah, people would do anything just to pass a truck.

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

This is way too complicated for the kind of users that are active in that area.

As @Granite has pointed out correctly, they don't and they won't care for road traffic rules and signage.

It's literally asking for head-on collisions.

Yes, but what alternativas do we have to upgrade the Road.

My local highway used to have a system called "Reversible Lane System". Which lasted from 1989 to 2008.

image.png

This system used the yellow lanes to help with the flow of traffic. The overhead indicators would tell drivers if they use up to 2 extra lanes. But, the system had no warning when it swapped.

How did they solve it?

image.png

By making each direction 3 lanes and adding lights

• Upvote 1

That would be a bit complex, the problem with the C-D road is the trolls who ignore the rules and do everything they can to make you have a bad experience in the game, if they update this part of the road in the future, the traffic in this area will improve, but for now, anyone who wants to have a fun experience in the game, I recommend not driving on these roads. 

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

3 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

My local highway used to have a system called "Reversible Lane System". Which lasted from 1989 to 2008.

image.png

This system used the yellow lanes to help with the flow of traffic. The overhead indicators would tell drivers if they use up to 2 extra lanes. But, the system had no warning when it swapped.

How did they solve it?

image.png

By making each direction 3 lanes and adding lights

I think in China they call it something like "潮汐车道" which stands for pretty much the same as "Reversible Lane" 

And yea, the concept seems pretty neat 🙂

Also it seems that it can be served as "centre left turn lane" near the gas stations as well. Since I've seen that most of the traffic just pile up near the gas stations since people trying to turn left to get into the gas station. image.png.e26f62baa6209b67d41deaa878e2150a.png

And this lane can probably help sort out those left turning people from impeding the traffic flow 

1 hour ago, 怡崽kitty said:

I think in China they call it something like "潮汐车道" which stands for pretty much the same as "Reversible Lane" 

Also it seems that it can be served as "centre left turn lane" near the gas stations as well. Since I've seen that most of the traffic just pile up near the gas stations since people trying to turn left to get into the gas station. image.png.e26f62baa6209b67d41deaa878e2150a.png

And this lane can probably help sort out those left turning people from impeding the traffic flow 

Good idea but I can see people just using it as another lane to drive in and then claiming ignorance '"i didn't know it was a turning only lane..."

8 hours ago, 怡崽kitty said:

While good in theory, most will just use it as a chance to queue cut and overtake. Plus, the lane would have to be long enough to even allow a good amount of traffic to pile up for the turn. And, i can see those leaving it will be causing chaos in the middle as they join and block others.

• Upvote 1

You can thank TruckersMP for the CD road getting worse by removing permanent bans last year and also rarely banning people who recklessly overtake unless they crash into someone just to name a few. That's the problem, I doubt reworking the road will completely solve the issue, they have to be MUCH more strict against trolls to have a good impact, but at the same time that's a good chunk of the playerbase so lots of people will probably quit and then what's the point of playing TMP with no players or AI traffic still?

• True Story 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:02 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

You can thank TruckersMP for the CD road getting worse by removing permanent bans last year and also rarely banning people who recklessly overtake unless they crash into someone just to name a few. That's the problem, I doubt reworking the road will completely solve the issue, they have to be MUCH more strict against trolls to have a good impact, but at the same time that's a good chunk of the playerbase so lots of people will probably quit and then what's the point of playing TMP with no players or AI traffic still?

I agree, i didnt know they removed permanente bans. Thats unfortunate.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:26 PM, 兔宝怡崽 said:

Thats a good idea but what if someone uses that lane to overtake?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator