Do you agree to put more street lights on the C-D road?

Hello. 

Do you agree to put more street lights on the C-D road? 

Suggestion Name: 

Add street lights on the C-D road.

Suggestion Description:

Traveling on the C-D road in the "simulation 1" server I often see that many players use high beam headlights when it is night and often some points on that road are not clearly visible. It is also often a cause of accidents because you can't see well from a distance. Especially those who drive at night on that road while it's raining. With heavy rain there is sometimes light haze and without lighting on the road it is less visible from afar.

Any example images: No image.

Why should it be added?: Because the road would be more visible both laterally and entirely with both lanes. It is a very busy road even when it is night in the game.

Do you agree with my idea? 

Thanks. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Hi , again @ROMANISTA [ITA]

Yes, I shared my necessary opinion here

In addition, to introduce such a feature, servers must be able to handle it and be ready to run in an optimised way.
Unfortunately, not everyone can play under equal conditions.
It may pose a problem for those who do not have good computers. I support them to bring these things into consideration.
I hope that new details will be added to the game in this way and a more beautiful and realistic environment will be prepared for us.

• Upvote 1

3RapOpo.png  

I got your point. More light *should* bring more security on the d-c route, but I'd prefere it the way it is now, because I enjoy it pretty much to drive in the darkness. You can see the lights and all the "beaty" of the light effects the players built on their trucks. During daytime thats not possible and if there'd be more light sources, the effect gets reduced.

• Upvote 2

To be honest, I don't really see a point in this suggestion. If people don't feel safe during nighttime ingame on CD Road, there are many different beautiful roads on the ETS2 map to explore. CD Road isn't a safe place at all, and the poles for the street lights can cause even more chaos because people who can't stay in lane, will easily hit those. 

• Upvote 1

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

14 minutes ago, Fast-rider said:

To be honest, I don't really see a point in this suggestion. If people don't feel safe during nighttime ingame on CD Road, there are many different beautiful roads on the ETS2 map to explore. CD Road isn't a safe place at all, and the poles for the street lights can cause even more chaos because people who can't stay in lane, will easily hit those. 

I do not agree with what you wrote because I do not say to have street lights every 10 meters but having more lighting would be more visible in the late night. If it were for the reason you specified (the players who have to stop at the side of the road) there are some points where it is not possible for the guardrail or for the presence of some poles on the sides of the road. 

14 hours ago, Andy1411 said:

I got your point. More light *should* bring more security on the d-c route, but I'd prefere it the way it is now, because I enjoy it pretty much to drive in the darkness. You can see the lights and all the "beaty" of the light effects the players built on their trucks. During daytime thats not possible and if there'd be more light sources, the effect gets reduced.

Safety first. It is not important to see the lights of the headlights or flashing orange that the trucks have but it is more important to see the roadways better and often from a distance it is not noticeable (especially when it rains and it is night). 

I think it will bring more fps issues as D-C route is a popular route. I also think that novice drivers can crash into poles, causing major traffic problems.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

CD is a scenic route. Until SCS revamps Netherlands & Belgium, the add on team isn't certainly adding this. Why?

1. More objects to crash into and/or be the source of blocking.
  2. Makes it harder to pull off the road when you have to worry about getting stuck on a pole.
  3. Could affect performance on older systems.

If you want lights, go into a well-lit city.

2 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

I do not agree with what you wrote because I do not say to have street lights every 10 meters but having more lighting would be more visible in the late night. If it were for the reason you specified (the players who have to stop at the side of the road) there are some points where it is not possible for the guardrail or for the presence of some poles on the sides of the road. 

But if you don't talk about adding street lights, you mean to make the nights in ETS2 brighter. From my knowledge, this would be a suggestion for SCS then, not for TruckersMP. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

36 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

CD is a scenic route. Until SCS revamps Netherlands & Belgium, the add on team isn't certainly adding this. Why?

1. More objects to crash into and/or be the source of blocking.
  2. Makes it harder to pull off the road when you have to worry about getting stuck on a pole.
  3. Could affect performance on older systems.

If you want lights, go into a well-lit city.

I have said only my opinion and first of all I do not accept phrases like "if you want lights, go into a well-lit city". Because I can go wherever I want while I play.

Then if you are a player who uses incorrect driving and goes on the light poles is your problem. 

People must ALWAYS DRIVE WELL. 

On the C-D road you cannot travel at 110 km/h. Because in that way you only create danger for yourself and other players (WITH OR WITHOUT LIGHT POLES ON THE SIDES OF THE ROAD). 

I clearly see no reason for what you wrote. Evidently you did not understand my speech well but it does not matter.

I also see that all the ideas I write are all contrary to me by other players in this forum community. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:03 AM, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

I have said only my opinion and first of all I do not accept phrases like "if you want lights, go into a well-lit city". Because I can go wherever I want while I play.

Then if you are a player who uses incorrect driving and goes on the light poles is your problem. 

People must ALWAYS DRIVE WELL. 

On the C-D road you cannot travel at 110 km/h. Because in that way you only create danger for yourself and other players (WITH OR WITHOUT LIGHT POLES ON THE SIDES OF THE ROAD). 

I clearly see no reason for what you wrote. Evidently you did not understand my speech well but it does not matter.

I also see that all the ideas I write are all contrary to me by other players in this forum community. 

I don't care what phrases you do or don't accept. I won't use anything offensive. Which, the phrase isn't restrictive. Instead, is a guidance to give you what you want. Cities are well lit. Go anywhere outside of them, and you have very little (if any) lights.

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DRIVE CD, INTENTIONALLY DON'T DRIVE WELL. DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY DO THE SPEED LIMIT OR 110. THEY ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE TRAFFIC JAMS AND CAUSE THE LOAD ON THE REPORT SYSTEM TO BE IN THE HIGH OR VERY HIGH RANGE.

You're speech is about making the whole road lit up. I don't need to re-read it when i already did a reply to it. Staff team aren't going to do that when a revamp is just on the horizon.

Take it with a grain of salt, bury it somewhere. I don't care what you do with it. You set off my notification, i'm going to check it. As for the community, they go with the side they feel is best for the server. I've had good ideas that i think should be implemented. Community rejected a good portion of them. I had a suggestion about revamping CD into something viable. Staff makes it as an April Fool's joke.

You make a suggestion, you're getting both sides of it. The portion that likes/agrees with it. And, the portion who finds all the flaws with it.

In summary:

1. Changing visuals of a problem road doesn't solve anything.
  2. You can make all the suggestions you want, staff still have the final say whether they want it or not. Which is evident when an update is released, or years pass by and nothing happens.
  3. You can accept and reject whatever feedback you get. It doesn't change anything in the long haul.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:33 AM, .Alizée. said:

I am not in favor since it will drop the number of fps

Yes i think so too, If more street lights are installed than they are now, It is expected to lower the fps of players.

• Like 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

Guest killiash

Hello, ROMANISTA [ITA]!

Your proposal is very controversial. I don’t like it when someone’s headlights or light from poles flicker in my truck interior.
There is a console where you can change one of the commands from night to day, even in TruckersMP.  

• 6 months later...