Why Managers Don't Work ?

I threw a reporst on the 05th of this month, there is no one looking at this day. In the game, the admins are not as active as before, traffic control is not provided. Why the admins do not work as before and do not defend the rights of us users 
If In-Game Admins will not do their duties, what is the need for them to be Admin 
They close the roads, there is no admin, we are the ones who get banned when we overtake from the right or from the grass, no one provides an opinion about the admins, why this traffic is like this, why the admin does not open the road. 

¡Hello @ShadowColic!

There are times of the year when the activity of the Staff is low, for example, in these summer vacations (or previous ones). I want to say that they are also people and want to enjoy with their friends, family, enjoy their hobbies, etc.

Remember that the game moderators and the entire team are people who have decided to join these roles voluntarily, and do not receive a salary for it. Therefore, they will exercise their functions when they can.

It is true that there is not much activity in-game or off-game at the moment. For this and other reasons, places are opened periodically to access the game moderation team, among other things so that there is more activity.

Regarding your report that you made on the 5th, be patient, the response time is currently "Very High" and it is clearly specified in the reporting system itself, for all that I have just told you.

If the user you have reported has committed an infraction, the moderators will review it as soon as possible and take action just like if someone overtakes from the right or from the grass.

All the staff do a great job and are trying more and more to improve the gaming experience for us.

It has only been 4 days since you made the report, be patient and remember, the staff team is here to help you and offer you the best gaming experience as they are doing.

Best regards,

Chema.

• Like 1

Hello again @ShadowColic .

I understand your view, but the staff team receives many more complaints, reports, etc. besides you and they have a lot of work outside the game. I can only say that if you have any complaints or suggestions about the management team let them know through this link.

https://truckersmp.com/feedback

Regards!

Hello @ShadowColic

as an ex-game moderator, I think I should add my words, too.

They strive to provide a safe and enjoyable gaming environment for all players. However, it is essential to remember that team members have lives outside of the game. The game moderators have personal responsibilities, commitments, and obligations that may prevent them from being in-game 24 hours a day.

It is important to note that the team members value the reports and feedback provided by players like yourself. Your vigilance and willingness to report inappropriate behaviour are crucial in maintaining a fair and enjoyable gaming experience. Continue reporting any incidents or concerns you encounter, as they help identify and address issues promptly.

As a former game moderator, it is essential to clarify that the role of a game moderator does not necessitate round-the-clock duty fulfilment. Also, the game moderator has the right to play this game without doing an admin work as the goal of the game is to deliver a cargo from one place to another. It is crucial to recognize that game moderators cannot always be physically present at a specific location at all times.

Additionally, to your message, only those who violate road traffic rules and TruckersMP rules will be banned.

• Upvote 3

To add on to Dominik's post. 

Every current staff member on the team is voluntary, Meaning they are not paid for doing this. The report page does also mention what the load is like regarding reports,support tickets and i believe Feedback tickets. 

Reports can take a while depending on the amount of load on the website. In-Game reports are generally less likely to be looked at based one 2 reasons. 1. A lot of Game Moderators may just want to drive and relax, 2. Reports on the Admin Panel have a limit of 100, If there are 2 people actively looking through reports they won't get through all of it. Reports also time out after a certain period of time if not claimed. 

Which is why when a report times out, you are prompted to report a player on the Website with the evidence. No matter how long it takes the report will be looked at eventually. 

• Like 1

As a game moderator, They are not obligated to spend the entire day on the game or review forum reports. Each member of the team is assigned a specific number of tasks to complete daily, leaving them with ample time to fulfill their real-life responsibilities or play other games with friends. If you have submitted a report, rest assured that any disruptive players will be dealt with, though it may take several days or even weeks to do so. Regardless of when they are punished, rest assured that action will be taken, and patience is crucial in the meantime.

• Upvote 1
  • Awesome! 2

Hello truckers. 

The reporting problem has gotten worse over time and it's in plain sight.  All moderators, of course, do not receive money and are also entitled to their personal life, but when they apply, the moderation team must be aware of their obligations and duties.  It's not just saying I'm a moderator. Yes something has to change in the team to more moderators to read reports. From what we read here on the forum not knowing if it's true or not and also outside the forum there are players whose reports are seen 1 than others what is going on. On the moderation team? 

Hugs and good KMS to all 

• True Story 1

I'm pretty sure that moderators who don't do their work wouldn't last long in the team. But their work is not to be moderating 24/7. There are activity requirements, so as long as they meet those requirements, they'll be OK.

Imagine you were asked by your real life boss to work for free 10 extra hours a day, Monday to Sunday, because there's a lot of accumulated work... Would you be OK with that? Surely not.

If a majority of the players followed the rules, reports and the time to solve them would not be an issue. Sadly, it seems to be the opposite.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Tenho certeza de que moderadores que não fazem seu trabalho não durariam muito na equipe. Mas o trabalho deles não é moderar 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por semana. Existem requisitos de atividade, portanto, desde que atendam a esses requisitos, eles ficarão bem.

Imagine que seu chefe da vida real lhe pedisse para trabalhar de graça 10 horas extras por dia, de segunda a domingo, porque há muito trabalho acumulado... Você concordaria com isso? Certamente não.

Se a maioria dos jogadores seguisse as regras, os relatórios e o tempo para resolvê-los não seriam um problema. Infelizmente, parece ser o contrário.

Hello. 

Simply when you apply for the moderation team you know the workload is big and you're going to have to work. Those who do not work are expelled!!! We don't know that to be able to comment. 

Blame it on the players who don't follow the rules! I'm sorry but the players are doing their job to report those who don't follow the rules. The moderation team is not able to read all the reports.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:58 PM, ShadowColic said:

They close the roads, there is no admin, we are the ones who get banned when we overtake from the right or from the grass, no one provides an opinion about the admins, why this traffic is like this, why the admin does not open the road. 

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just because another player violates the rules doesn't give you the right to violate them too.
It is forbidden to overtake on the right, because it is dangerous as the driver who is overtaken usually doesn't expect it.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

5 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

Simply when you apply for the moderation team you know the workload is big and you're going to have to work.

They do know that and they are ready and willing to do the job. As much as they are required. But the requirements are set by the GM team leaders, not by some players unhappy because their reports take long to be solved.

Moderators are not slaves, they can't be asked to leave everything in their lives aside to moderate a videogame. Not even paid moderators would agree to that. They'd complete their tasks and then they'd spend their free time however they wanted. And before you mention it, their task is not "Clean the report system every day", it's "Solve a certain number of reports/appeals every day" (this is just an educated guess, of course, I can't know what the work compromises for moderators actually are).

• Upvote 1

Hello, player
       Since we have so many reports, and our game moderators can't be on the game every day, they will also have their own personal life and work, please be considerate. All reports are processed one by one.
Kind regards
Yu Jian TMP

Kind regards

Yu Jian TMP

My Page  ▍ rules  ▍  tickets   ▍  Submit your report   ▍ Talent acquisition

16 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Eles sabem disso e estão prontos e dispostos a fazer o trabalho. Por mais que sejam necessários. Mas os requisitos são definidos pelos líderes da equipe GM, não por alguns jogadores insatisfeitos porque seus relatórios demoram a serem resolvidos.

Moderadores não são escravos, não se pode pedir que deixem tudo de lado para moderar um videogame. Nem mesmo moderadores pagos concordariam com isso. Eles completavam suas tarefas e depois passavam o tempo livre como quisessem. E antes que você mencione isso, a tarefa deles não é "Limpar o sistema de relatórios todos os dias", é "Resolver um certo número de relatórios/apelações todos os dias" (isso é apenas um palpite, é claro, não posso saber o que o compromissos de trabalho para moderadores realmente são).

Hello . 

So something is very wrong with the moderation team. 

I'll give you an example. If you have your reports report full and have more to do those reports are valid for 14 days the average time for the team to read your reports is 20 days. So these reports are no longer valid now multiply that by some players and get an idea of how many players will go unpunished for your infractions. 

• True Story 1

20 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello . 

I'll give you an example. If you have your reports report full and have more to do those reports are valid for 14 days the average time for the team to read your reports is 20 days. So these reports are no longer valid now multiply that by some players and get an idea of how many players will go unpunished for your infractions. 

This is in fact a flaw of the web report system and should be addressed to the Game Moderation Management via the feedback system.

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello . 

Good example. But that's something likely to happen to "wannabe admins" who won't stop reporting every little thing they consider to be against the rules. Or who won't stop driving on the well known "Idiots on the road" areas of the map, because everywhere else, 20 reports should be more than enough for a lot more than 14 days. TruckersMP is not about hoarding report videos, it's about enjoying a trucking game with other people. When one doesn't enjoy anymore, for whichever reasons... The solution is simple.

It's been barely 3 months since TMP took the "Back to basics" approach, with forgiveness of lots of permanent bans, softer moderation, softer punishments... Apparently, this is what "an ovewhelming majority of survey participants" wanted, and what the majority wants, the majority gets, so I doubt that anything will change in the near future.

Complaining repeteadly in forum topics about how badly the game moderation works is pointless. The game moderation is working precisely as TMP has decided it to work, and precisely because that's what a majority of the players wanted. The only possible course of action is what blabberbeak mentioned above, feedback to Game Moderation Management, explaining your concerns and asking for a solution. Or even suggesting one.

Good luck with that.

• Upvote 1

On 12.06.2023 at 09:51, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

İşini yapmayan moderatörlerin ekipte uzun süre dayanmayacağından eminim. Ancak onların işi 7/24 ılımlı olmak değil. Etkinlik gereksinimleri vardır, bu gereksinimleri karşıladıkları sürece sorun olmaz.

Gerçek hayattaki patronunuz tarafından Pazartesi'den Pazar'a günde 10 saat fazladan ücretsiz çalışmanızın istendiğini hayal edin, çünkü çok fazla birikmiş iş var... Bu sizin için uygun olur mu? Kesinlikle hayır.

Oyuncuların çoğunluğu kurallara uysaydı, raporlar ve bunları çözme süresi sorun olmazdı. Ne yazık ki, tam tersi gibi görünüyor.

If they can't keep up, why don't they recruit more? I haven't been in the game for about 2 years and I realised that while the purchases are made continuously, the purchases are now closed, I think that after a certain period of time, new ones can be taken instead of the admins who never do the task. 
I know they don't get paid or have to be in the game 24/7, but if they can't do it, why don't they resign? 

Hello @ShadowColic,

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question. 

Unfortunately in this period there will be many reports on the site due to incorrect players in the game. In case you have made a report, surely it will be evaluated like all the others. You should just be patient. 

Remember... The important thing is to play safely and report any violators. With the patience you will see that the player of the violation will be banned. 

Consider that... in this period some moderators of the game are in the online servers on the game to check that the traffic on the Calais road does not stop due to some incorrect player. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

25 minutes ago, ShadowColic said:

If they can't keep up, why don't they recruit more? I haven't been in the game for about 2 years and I realised that while the purchases are made continuously, the purchases are now closed, I think that after a certain period of time, new ones can be taken instead of the admins who never do the task. 
I know they don't get paid or have to be in the game 24/7, but if they can't do it, why don't they resign? 

There have been plenty of recruitments in the last 2 years. These recruitments are opened whenever the GM managers consider that they need more moderators (or new ones, because of members leaving the team). New game moderators are supposed, like I said, to meet some requirements before they are accepted in the team and also while they are in the team. If a moderator can't keep up with the tasks they need to complete, they are removed from the team. Some others leave the team by themselves (resign), for lack of time or motivation. I hope that this answers both of your questions.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Good example. But that's something likely to happen to "wannabe admins" who won't stop reporting every little thing they consider to be against the rules. Or who won't stop driving on the well known "Idiots on the road" areas of the map, because everywhere else, 20 reports should be more than enough for a lot more than 14 days. TruckersMP is not about hoarding report videos, it's about enjoying a trucking game with other people. When one doesn't enjoy anymore, for whichever reasons... The solution is simple.

It's been barely 3 months since TMP took the "Back to basics" approach, with forgiveness of lots of permanent bans, softer moderation, softer punishments... Apparently, this is what "an ovewhelming majority of survey participants" wanted, and what the majority wants, the majority gets, so I doubt that anything will change in the near future.

Complaining repeteadly in forum topics about how badly the game moderation works is pointless. The game moderation is working precisely as TMP has decided it to work, and precisely because that's what a majority of the players wanted. The only possible course of action is what blabberbeak mentioned above, feedback to Game Moderation Management, explaining your concerns and asking for a solution. Or even suggesting one.

Good luck with that.

20 reports would be nice

i have 2, a max of 2 and its been 2 months until i put in a report last week

i have 1 free. biggest load of bs

I had 20 as a limit for most of the last years I played in TruckersMP. And never had more than 5-6 opened at the same time. The limit starts with 10, it can go higher or lower, up to 20, down to zero, depending on a "score" that the moderators assign to them. Before they implemented this limit, I could have sent up to 165 reports at a certain time. Again, never had more than 5-6 opened at the same time.

This limit in the number of reports each player can send at a same time and the "quality score" for those reports was set precisely to avoid the situation I mentioned before: the wannabe admins who would flood the system with dozens of useless reports every single day.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I had 20 as a limit for most of the last years I played in TruckersMP. And never had more than 5-6 opened at the same time. The limit starts with 10, it can go higher or lower, up to 20, down to zero, depending on a "score" that the moderators assign to them. Before they implemented this limit, I could have sent up to 165 reports at a certain time. Again, never had more than 5-6 opened at the same time.

This limit in the number of reports each player can send at a same time and the "quality score" for those reports was set precisely to avoid the situation I mentioned before: the wannabe admins who would flood the system with dozens of useless reports every single day.

Are most reports useless? Could it be that the TMP rules are more lenient and what was bannable is now no longer? 

Everyone here on the forum says what's wrong and what's good and we give our ideas , but we also have to be realistic and see the truth that at the moment in the moderation team. Something is not right due to the high number of reports for some time now. 

This topic has been discussed and everyone has given their openioes it's a pity that none of the team has anything to say , it happens with this topic and others