Returning to TMP After a few years away

arrow2555

Hello all!

It's been a few years since I was last on TMP. A lot has changed and for the better. The community and staff have done a great job.

I just wanted to get some clarification on something, since I assume the rules and such have changed.

- Traffic lights at junctions in cities: Last I remembered if there was no one else at the lighted junction, or approaching, you were free to run the red. Is this still the case? Looking at Sim 1 and 2 servers specifically for ETS2

Hope I'm in the right section to post this. See you on the roads! :)

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead - Mac McCleary

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly - Author Unknown

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there -  Lewis Carroll

"§2 - Game only rules

Rules marked with an asterisk (*) do not apply on Arcade servers and inside of No Collision Zones. Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws, and signage, and local lane closures represented by smart signs (see §2.7) may result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision. Baiting other players into accidents will not be tolerated and is punishable. Areas with 25+ players are considered highly populated."

(Source:  https://truckersmp.com/rules)

Hi arrow2555,

You can still run a red light at an intersection where no one passes by,
But if you run a red light and collide with another player, you will be punish.

I hope this will be helpful to you,
Fan Ci

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

4 minutes ago, Aura. said:

as long as there are no players around and you know you dont risk to cause any danger you can go even on red lights.

Never risk to hit other players if you know its red for you, stop in those cases

Right, I slow down when approaching junctions, and have the tab player menu up when in cities or joining on a motorway. Thanks Aura!

8 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello trucker. 

A piece of advice take a look at the rules, a lot has changed. 

Will do, thanks Ricky!

16 minutes ago, Halaskâr said:

I always stop at a red light as a habit, even when there is no one in traffic. I also recommend you! 🙂

I'll keep that advice in mind. Thank you Halaskâr!

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead - Mac McCleary

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there -  Lewis Carroll

49 minutes ago, arrow2555 said:

Hello all!

It's been a few years since I was last on TMP. A lot has changed and for the better. The community and staff have done a great job.

I just wanted to get some clarification on something, since I assume the rules and such have changed.

- Traffic lights at junctions in cities: Last I remembered if there was no one else at the lighted junction, or approaching, you were free to run the red. Is this still the case? Looking at Sim 1 and 2 servers specifically for ETS2

Hope I'm in the right section to post this. See you on the roads! 🙂

Hello @arrow2555
Welcome back to the world of TMP. Besides the changing rules, there is something that has trouble changing. They're the skoda drivers. Don't forget to check your mirrors when you're alone on the highway 😄

2 hours ago, arrow2555 said:

Hello all!

Hope I'm in the right section to post this. See you on the roads! 🙂

The rules have changed, new players have arrived.in time everything will be better 🙂

Hello !

Technically if there is no one close to this one, you can actually go red 😉

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

51 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

You can go on a red light if there is no one around. As a note, I still recommend stopping at lights in Calais and the surrounding areas regardless. 

Not entirely true. You can go on red light and as long as you don't hit anybody and nobody suffers any damage because of your actions (for  example, because they avoid you by stopping in the middle of the intersection), you are practically guaranteed to get away with that.

16 minutes ago, Granite said:

Not entirely true. You can go on red light and as long as you don't hit anybody and nobody suffers any damage because of your actions (for  example, because they avoid you by stopping in the middle of the intersection), you are practically guaranteed to get away with that.

I recommend consulting our rules. Our rules state "Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area". 

32 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

I recommend consulting our rules. Our rules state "Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area". 

Like, how close?

Like I said, rules are misleading and vague. No damage, no ban, that's the new real rules.

If you want proof, here it is (user was not banned, cause it was not enough for a ban):

And this would be viewed as only kick worthy even before the new guidelines probably, I could have rammed the guy and say it was raining and I was heavy (trailer was empty, but could have been the other way), and it would have been revieved differently, possibly not even in my favor.  

2 hours ago, Granite said:

Like I said, rules are misleading and vague. No damage, no ban, that's the new real rules.

Stop spreading misinformation. I'm telling you, the rules allow me to punish players even if there is no collision. 

As for the video, you can use the feedback system if you disagree with the result. I am not allowed to comment if I agree with the punishment. 

36 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

Stop spreading misinformation. I'm telling you, the rules allow me to punish players even if there is no collision. 

As for the video, you can use the feedback system if you disagree with the result. I am not allowed to comment if I agree with the punishment. 

Whatever, the response I expected. 

And I did send feedback, but don't worry, I won't waste anymore time trying to support or improve TruckersMP.

My information was true, TruckersMP is full of misinformation, no need to go any further than the front page.

• Haha 1
  • True Story 1

20 hours ago, kelt_kreqht said:

Hello @arrow2555
Welcome back to the world of TMP. Besides the changing rules, there is something that has trouble changing. They're the skoda drivers. Don't forget to check your mirrors when you're alone on the highway 😄

Haha I haven't come across any so far but I will keep that in mind. Some things never change! Thanks for the warm welcome Kelt!

19 hours ago, ADEM.KERİM said:

The rules have changed, new players have arrived.in time everything will be better 🙂

Already pretty quiet for my journeys last night, Thanks for replying ADEM!

19 hours ago, Juliia said:

Hello !

Technically if there is no one close to this one, you can actually go red 😉

Thank you Julia!

17 hours ago, Flaming. said:

You can go on a red light if there is no one around. As a note, I still recommend stopping at lights in Calais and the surrounding areas regardless. 

Right! Those super busy areas always need extra care and attention, Thanks Flaming!

17 hours ago, fs7- said:

Welcome back 👋. I always stop at traffic lights, even when no one is at the intersection.

Thanks for the warm welcome fs7! I usually slow as a precaution, but I will keep your words in mind.

12 hours ago, 'Nhympex. said:

Hello @arrow2555,

Welcome back to TMP after many years. It's so nice to see you among us.

Yes, it still is. If the road is empty, you can pass. As per the TMP rules, you must have a nice and safe ride without harming anyone in the game.

Regards,

'Nhympex.

Thank you Nhympex! Was quiet and uneventful last night, just the way I like it!

• HaulieLove 1

Hello

Welcome back to after many years. It's so nice to see you among us.

it's great to discuss this topic with you
I personally think it would be better to wait for a red light
If you run a red light and collide with other normal driving, you will receive a brief ban. We would rather wait for three minutes than seize a second. We need to jointly maintain TMP traffic rules and become civilized drivers. We hope this can help you

Kind regards
Aria.

7 hours ago, [ Purple Sky ] Aria. said:

Hello

Welcome back to after many years. It's so nice to see you among us.

it's great to discuss this topic with you
I personally think it would be better to wait for a red light
If you run a red light and collide with other normal driving, you will receive a brief ban. We would rather wait for three minutes than seize a second. We need to jointly maintain TMP traffic rules and become civilized drivers. We hope this can help you

Kind regards
Aria.

I will keep in mind thank you Aria!

4 hours ago, _raffaele_ said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thank you Raffaele!

• Thanks 1

Hello!
As an old player, it would be great if you could let us know, after a couple of weeks playing again, how different it is from several years ago. In terms of:

• driving experience
  • other players driving style
  • fun factor
  • what you like or not
  • etc...

You are in a quite unique situation (old player that stopped playing for few year) and your feedback would be super interesting.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Hello!
As an old player, it would be great if you could let us know, after a couple of weeks playing again, how different it is from several years ago. In terms of:

• driving experience
  • other players driving style
  • fun factor
  • what you like or not
  • etc...

You are in a quite unique situation (old player that stopped playing for few year) and your feedback would be super interesting.

Thanks

Sure thing! So far, after 3-4 days of driving a few hours each day, I have noticed:

-Driving quality has improved

-Server lag and ping issues don't seem to be as drastic compared to back then.

-Others are clean and respect the rules for the most part, only had one incident with a "troll" so far.

-So far I'm enjoying it. It helps that players are friendly when you go past, the majority flash and/or beep

-For me I enjoy just doing my own thing, yet around other people who have similar goals in mind. So far I can't think of any negatives off the top of my head

Note: Although I'm in a UK truck, I've based myself in Stockholm as I enjoy hauling the double trailers. I haven't travelled into France or the UK, and wouldn't go near the C-D road so I have little knowledge of what happens there. I also travel solo and I'm not part of any VTCs.

I will let you know in a week or so any further details, and if there's anything more you want to know feel free to ask! 🙂

• Thanks 1