Road Events

Chema02

Hello!

Suggestion name:

Road Events

Suggestion description:

I don't know if is there a similar post, but I didn't find none like this. I would like to propose to add road events like there are in offline mode, for example:

- Traffic accidents
- Cut roads
- Breakdowns on the road
- Different events in which there are ambulances, police...

Why should It be added?

I don't know if it can be added, but I think it would be very cool since all this is part of the real driving and would improve the driving experience

What is your opinion? 

• Upvote 2

I want to see this in the Multiplayer game so bad as you, but it's a lot of work for the admins/staff, and it'll cause traffic chaos as Flaming The game Moderator said. But still, I think it'll be really interesting, enjoyable and something new; I think they should give it a try! (At least make this operation events once a week/month).

• Awesome! 1

Thanks for your opinions.

Yes, maybe it will cause traffic chaos. It would have to put in strategic locations where there is no traffic jam usually. It would be hard to do, but I think it would be worth it. Or what Flaming and XxQufDezxX say, weekly or monthly doing this operation event with fire trucks, police... Evidently emergency services would have to be Staff Team.
It would be more realistic and would improve the simulation.

Thanks for answer
Regards!

A friend of mine had a similar experience. Traffic incidents were clear. While going on a tour between C-D, a road work suddenly appeared in front of him and it was covering half of the road and he was lucky that there was no one coming from the opposite direction. Imagine there is a road incident on the road suddenly, you will have to maneuver and most of the momentary movements will cause chaos, + C-D the road is already crowded It will make the road even more difficult. However, nice additions can be made around the road.

• 11 months later...
On 4/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, Chema9 said:

- Traffic accidents
- Cut roads
- Breakdowns on the road

Hello @Chema9,

This is a great suggestion.

Do you have any map areas in mind that you would like to see this happen around?

- Ky_James✌

5 hours ago, Kye. said:

Hello @Chema9,

This is a great suggestion.

Do you have any map areas in mind that you would like to see this happen around?

I want to see it everywhere on any map, and I want to see it on the monthly official convoy.

Rules | Support System  | Knowledge Base | Feedback | Ban Appeal | Recruitment | Reports | Meet The Team

3 hours ago, Big Week said:

This is great, but I don't want him to appear every day. I hope he appears once a week and a month

Regarding the frequency, at least once a month is achievable and will be more efficient in its creation.

9 hours ago, InsanoDeath said:

Its a nice suggestion but i dont support it as it is not the best for everyone. some people do not want it.

@InsanoDeath - What was your opinions on the Feature Zone that happened I believe last year or the year before? 

• Confused 1

- Ky_James✌

3 minutes ago, Kye. said:

Regarding the frequency, at least once a month is achievable and will be more efficient in its creation.

@InsanoDeath - What was your opinions on the Feature Zone that happened I believe last year or the year before? 

Sorry but i do not remember that 😅. If you might explain a bit if you remember.

INDIAN-TRUCKERS.png

2 hours ago, InsanoDeath said:

ćŻčäžè”·ïŒŒæˆ‘äžèź°ćŸ—äș†đŸ˜…ă€‚ćŠ‚æžœäœ èż˜èź°ćŸ—çš„èŻïŒŒèŻ·è§Łé‡Šäž€äž‹ă€‚

I don't understand why there is only one road, which causes a lot of congestion. I don't like that special area

2 hours ago, Kye. said:

慳äșŽéą‘çŽ‡ïŒŒè‡łć°‘æŻæœˆäž€æŹĄæ˜ŻćŻä»„ćźžçŽ°çš„ïŒŒćč¶äž”ćœšćˆ›ć»ș鱑率æ–čéąć°†æ›Žæœ‰æ•ˆçŽ‡ă€‚

@InsanoDeath-æ‚šćŻč掻ćčŽæˆ–ć‰ćčŽçš„ç‰čè‰ČćŒșæœ‰äœ•çœ‹æł•ïŒŸ

If there is only one road in the next special event and I have to detour to the Calais train station before going back, then I won't go to any place. Although it's very popular, I'm sorry for what I said, but I can't bear the feeling of congestion. That special area made me empathize with it

@Kye. Yes Remember now. So i would highly recomend if it is possible to add some events on regular basis like how it was 4 years back "The Geneva Bridge construction" i guess or some other bridge construction.

There was a lot congestion there for the reason it was a collission at the end where deliveries end. It may be modified a bit so that there are 3-4 ending points for the deliveries and some featured zone may also be added including completing deliveries for some event.

The main point so that the ending remains collission so it becomes more realistic.

INDIAN-TRUCKERS.png

Road Events don't sync. You'll be seeing one player reckless driving when they are dealing with  these road events.

CD Road is already a chaotic mess daily. Adding these anywhere on it will make the problem 5 times worse.

The admins do host "Real Operations" events that creates these scenarios. But usually just have the responding vehicles just teleport from scene to scene. Except in RO 12 when a police car was coming through a line of traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:

Road Events don't sync. You'll be seeing one player reckless driving when they are dealing with  these road events.

CD Road is already a chaotic mess daily. Adding these anywhere on it will make the problem 5 times worse.

The admins do host "Real Operations" events that creates these scenarios. But usually just have the responding vehicles just teleport from scene to scene. Except in RO 12 when a police car was coming through a line of traffic.

Can't random road events be excluded from high populated areas, like the infamous area in and around Duisburg and Calais?

• Like 1

I thought the original suggestion was to make 'Random road events' (as in the default randomly generated traffic events, which are enabled in singleplayer Gameplay Options) sync, but apparently I read it wrong:

It seems Chema9's suggestion (based on the reply) is for road events to be temporarily added in specific places (through the Map editor) similar to Real Operations. It wouldn't be feasible to do this all the time, but Featured Zone includes some of that and hopefully it will happen more often in the future.

Anyway, I do think making 'Random road events' (and weather for that matter) sync across all players is a good idea. It would definitely need to be excluded from populated areas as said above. I personally don't know a way to disable road events in the Map editor - though I think Reforma might have done something like that in ATS a few years back? but you'd have to ask them. Either way, if all else fails it sounds like something that could be coded in, but I'm not a developer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, Chema9 said:

Hello!

Suggestion name:

Road Events

Suggestion description:

I don't know if is there a similar post, but I didn't find none like this. I would like to propose to add road events like there are in offline mode, for example:

- Traffic accidents
- Cut roads
- Breakdowns on the road

Why should It be added?

I don't know if it can be added, but I think it would be very cool since all this is part of the real driving and would improve the driving experience

What is your opinion? 

Nice idea, but You should better ask for more actual events over the span of each year.
This is a good example of a possible event (that would require most of the TMP staff to take part), but it should be possible to create. Let's say the story goes like this:
Once upon an ending winter the fabled road between Calais and Duisburg got filled with pot holes and other bizarre creations from the melting snow. Thus the road got closed and the following inspection lead to urgent need for administering massive road infrastructure repairs. The C-D community was able and ready to help in the efforts to restore her favorite pass time spot and thus the work began. There were many machinery and goods to be delivered. The time passing waited for no one. The road maintenance staff of "TruckersMP" began to nurture a devious plan in three phases, each with its own challenges and requirements. 
I. Phase one - weeks 1 and 2 IRL
1. From Klagenfurt
Tradeaux to Duisburg city at BCP via the panoramic Austrian Alps -> dozers; articulated haulers; excavators; compactors and rollers; wheel loaders and loaders [Volvo pack included] (the 1st week) had began their long journey toward the ruined road. From Hanover Stein Bruch via Kassel to Duisburg (the beginning of the old roads construction site) stones, sand and gravel are been delivered steadily (lasts both weeks).
2. In the second week some mobile cranes and asphalt millers were needed and thus it was required from all to deliver them from Lublin, Poland
LKW to Duisburg construction site*. This lasted for 2 to 4 days.
II. Phase 2 - weeks 3 and 4 IRL 
1. From Hanover and Stuttgart 
Stein Bruch via the national road to Cologne a new shipment of stones, sand and gravel are delivered to the new site at the A73 and the overpass bridge (lasts both weeks). From Riga NCH some Guard rails and Concrete centering will be delivered to Site №1 by Duisburg and at the end of week 4 the road texture between Site 1 and 2 will have adopted a darker shade.
2. Sadly the the overpass bridge had received some minor damage from the melting snow and some concrete beams and cement are now required. The player can get both from Nice, France at
Lisette Logistics (available for a short window on the 3rd week as a special delivery quest; could bring an achievement or be 1/2 of one);
3. Week 4 brings a new set of challenges as the bridge over the river collapsed while a dozer was crossing => one Dozer was lost to nature, but its operator survived the ordeal. Work shall resume shortly as there are some resources in need to be delivered anew. From Nice, France at
Lisette Logistics the second batch of Concrete Beams and Cement can be taken (thus the second 1/2 of the achievement is obtained; delivery lasts in a short window no less than 24 hours).

3.1. Some new locals for shipments of Guard rails and Concrete Centering are reviled for Site at A73 (week 4 only). The extra locations are:
- Guard rails from Kalmar, Sweden at
GNT;
- Concrete Centering from Genoa
Transporti Mediteraneo;
- Soil and Sand are needed this time and can be delivered from Nuremberg
RTLog.

4. At the end of week 4 the road texture is changed to a darker tone and the stretch from Duisburg is opened up to A1.
III. Last phase - weeks 5 and 6 IRL
. A change is needed and Site 3 is relocated in Calais. So every machinery and piece of equipment delivered to Duisburg, in the first 3 weeks, needs to be moved in Calais. The players will have to drive only by land. This means that the new old road is usable again up to A1 and then players will be re-routed via Brussels and Lille. Gravel and stones are continuously been delivered to Calais's largest depos from France, Spain, Italy and Germany. The new local for France is in Limoges and for Spain in O Barco (the mines). 
1. From
Bastia GNT via Calvi some Guard rails and Concrete centering will be delivered to the site in Calais for the finishing touches.

2. In week 5 the equipment delivered needs to be moved to new locations :
- for machinery in Bacau, Romania at
Brawen Transport;
- the extras in green text are for Bijelo Pole, Montenegro at
Euro Goodies.

3. The last section gets the darker texture and the road is opened. 
This concludes the event and players could receive a reward of some sort like a paintjob.

construction site* - a place to deliver goods that is close to the road works or depos within one of the two cities
Some extra supplies like work cloths, Packaged food and Beverages for the workers needed to be delivered as well. Food and drinks are required each week and are delivered only for 2 days each week. They can be taken from any location that is at least 500 to 750km away from the weekly work site.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 3:05 PM, Interstate Nomad said:

Can't random road events be excluded from high populated areas, like the infamous area in and around Duisburg and Calais?

On 3/28/2024 at 3:19 PM, Sunstrider said:

If the players around the area exceeds 56, events shouldn't generate.

If we did this we might as well not implement road events at all. Implementing it like this would mean road events would spawn/appear everywhere but the more popular places, making the road events basically irrelevant, I fear. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, Chema9 said:

Hello!

Suggestion name:

Road Events

Suggestion description:

- Traffic accidents
- Cut roads
- Breakdowns on the road

Why should It be added?

What is your opinion? 

for my part your suggestion is missing too much information is it that you want it to be the game itself that puts the police cars the crashed cars and all that where it is necessarywhat you want it to be actually the admins doing this because you’re talking about wanting to add this kind of road event but the problem is that we don’t really know it’s what you want perfectly

• Like 2