A proper in-game economy system.Is it possible?

BMPellogia

So i always imagined an economy system in game where the cargo you transport actually have an effect,so you have to choose a trailer not because it looks nice but because it can more efficient/profitable for you;

Sign contracts with specific companies like trameri or tradeaux for an example;

More populated areas will demand less cargo/pay less And less populated areas/cities will demand more cargo and pay more for products ,this can help to spread players all around the map by giving more opportunities for convoys and,of course, giving VTCS a real reason to exist because they can focus on transport certain products to specific routes/customers.

Anyway,do you guys think that something like this is viable? not only for this mp but for ETS in general because after you level up enough and unlock everything the game becomes very repetitive and boring(atleast in ,my opinion)

Something about an economy system was mentioned somewhere a little while ago here in the forum.

I personally think that this would be an amazing feature. Not only because it would automatically spread players over the whole map, but because players have to transport goods again. Many people just log in to cruise down duisburg - calais, or whatever, with no freight at all. Which is absolutely not what Euro Truck Simulator 2 is about.

Who knows what the future brings with it - but i think the job dispatcher is a step in the right direction for this.

How will that change anything? It's incredibly trivial to make money in the game, besides ridiculous payoffs, even without any cheats, just get loans buy garages and trucks, hire drivers and start quick traveling between two garages.

If you are lazy you can use mods or cheats in singleplayer or download pre-made savegames.

Nothing will change unless you prevent that in the first place (also, making profiles server side, so that you can't "cheat") before thinking about any in-game economy, which isn't really focus of the game anyway. It is designed around freedom of choice, it's up to the player how they play it, and apparently, barely anybody still playing on TMP servers is intrested in that. For me it's about driving realistically, doesn't matter where or what I am hauling that much - the journey is the destination, pretty much.

If you stick to singleplayer, you cant try some mods that alter economy (soon also in convoy mode), but I just prefer to simply reduce the income in the config to 10% to look somewhat reasonable (g_income_factor 0.1) - works for WoT and TMP too, although I don't recommend that due to high probability that your repair expenses exceed income. 

What you said about the cost economy has nothing to do with me. I will only drive CD road with my trailer. lol :mlg_doge:

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Imagine TMP having economy side.

But how that's gonna happen and what's gonna be the point, unless:

- There are VTC HQ's, doubt it's gonna be possible

- Custom trucks of TMP, doubt it's gonna be possible

- Various assets, properties to grind for.

So I doubt that ever's gonna be applicable on here.

Cause TMP's not SAMP or FiveM.

We can only dream about this and that and imagine having such a grind around.

But..

I assume we gonna be just dreaming about it, and such update won't ever be released.

When people before have talked about an economy system, I have always been like, just why? We already have one economy system. However, with your explanation of it I realize I have been wrong. Everyone is talking about more realistic economy and those aspects. Now I finally get it ?

Back to the topic. I would definitely want a system like that, and I have always wanted to have like a contract with a company and deliver from there. Ever since I started the game I felt that was missing. So I'm on board with the idea.

With that being said, I doubt it will be implemented into TMP. This is more a thing for single player, not for TMP. So I think the suggestion is better for SCS than for TMP. And hopefully one day we will see it.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

On 10/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, [Gentle Rudeman] Xrissie said:

Imagine TMP having economy side.

But how that's gonna happen and what's gonna be the point, unless:

- There are VTC HQ's, doubt it's gonna be possible

- Custom trucks of TMP, doubt it's gonna be possible

- Various assets, properties to grind for.

So I doubt that ever's gonna be applicable on here.

Cause TMP's not SAMP or FiveM.

We can only dream about this and that and imagine having such a grind around.

But..

I assume we gonna be just dreaming about it, and such update won't ever be released.

- every vtc got a HQ already 

- there is barly any stock truck around so whats the point ??  

- background archivements via simple UI ...  you got a add-on team for such a thing dont you ??  

9 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

- every vtc got a HQ already 

- there is barly any stock truck around so whats the point ??  

- background archivements via simple UI ...  you got a add-on team for such a thing dont you ??  

Now lemme add-up to What I've actually meant.

- HQ as custom garages, parking spaces etc as for the major VTC's. There's not such a thing and I doubt that ever's gonna be a part of TMP, but I've seen it on SAMP back in the days, example: airlines having custom HQ's and fleet.

- We know and we use the original brands of ETS2. What I've meant here is modded trucks like Kamaz, and many other else brands, not included yet on ETS2. Doubt it's ever gonna be a thing on TMP.

- Background achievements? They've got add-on team, so they gotta think of something fancy.

Still, I don't see how economy system gonna be a real thing on TMP, what's gonna be the purpose and what's gonna be the use of it.

:thisisfine:

A economy system should be server-sided with more realistic presets (like lower income factors), and users should not be able to alter their profiles for their benefit or to avoid the restrictions and challenges of the economy system.
Side effect: if users can't continue to change their money, experience and level and they actually have to finish deliveries to earn money, they will either quickly run out of money (reckless drivers, trolls) and/ or start driving reasonable to take as less damage as possible and earn as much as possible money.

I'd vote for such an economy system.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived