Jump to content

Does SCS's new convoy feature make it easier for TruckersMP to release support updates or new features?


Recommended Posts

With SCS releasing they're version of a multiplayer feature, I was wondering if,  with it being native to the game, would it make it easier for the TruckersMP devs to release support updates or new features like the long awaited feature of AI traffic. I have a small background in development but not much in modding or online multiplayer so was wondering how this affected TruckersMP development and whether it can help or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It could help TruckersMP in development. But "Convoy" is a real threat to TruckersMP, because it's the official SCS Multiplayer - more and more players will join!

 

But I am really looking forward seeing what TruckersMP have in their mind, when it comes to new ideas and creations.

  • Like 1
  • True Story 1

1994424284_Signaturex145.png.2818caee6d3562984b896056a07df3ca.png

Member since 24th December, 2014.

Proud member of Ahmling Transport

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flips said:

It could help TruckersMP in development. But "Convoy" is a real threat to TruckersMP, because it's the official SCS Multiplayer - more and more players will join!

 

But I am really looking forward seeing what TruckersMP have in their mind, when it comes to new ideas and creations.

It wont be  convoy may reach 16 players but no more It's not designed that way.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flips said:

It could help TruckersMP in development. But "Convoy" is a real threat to TruckersMP, because it's the official SCS Multiplayer - more and more players will join!

 

But I am really looking forward seeing what TruckersMP have in their mind, when it comes to new ideas and creations.

True in that it might draw other players to it that only look to play with friends, but due to the player limit I think the main player base of TruckersMP should stay roughly the same. 

 

I definitely do think that since SCS is adding MP into the game that it would help TruckersMP development but hopefully some more experienced devs that have developed online games in the past can shed some more light onto it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Farm Shark said:

True in that it might draw other players to it that only look to play with friends, but due to the player limit I think the main player base of TruckersMP should stay roughly the same. 

 

I definitely do think that since SCS is adding MP into the game that it would help TruckersMP development but hopefully some more experienced devs that have developed online games in the past can shed some more light onto it. 

 

Personally I won't be playing "Convoy" when the player limit is at 8 people, but this is a beta-version and maybe in the future they would have servers that can reach up to thousands of people.

 

But I do think it's great for TruckersMP that there's a new contender on the market (official contender).

1994424284_Signaturex145.png.2818caee6d3562984b896056a07df3ca.png

Member since 24th December, 2014.

Proud member of Ahmling Transport

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Scs Mp and truckersmp will help each other like supporting new  stuff that tmp cant support rigt away so it will second  option to play with new updates and etc so I don't think it wont effect tmp negative way

Regards 

Husky

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally i will play the multiplayer mode of SCS,i don't think it's fun.TruckersMp is a global platform,

If I wanted to play with artificial intelligence, I would play single player anyway. 🙂 

  • Like 3

                                                                                 spacer.png    -Bruijn Logistics Driver-    spacer.png    

                                                                                                                                                           spacer.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lena' said:

Personally i will play the multiplayer mode of SCS,i don't think it's fun.TruckersMp is a global platform,

If I wanted to play with artificial intelligence, I would play single player anyway. 🙂 

569972341619163137.png?v=1 my words 

 

 

It might help TMP, but I don't think so. The SCS multiplayer has nothing to do with TMP and as far as I know it is structured differently.

So yea.. but who know's, maybe it helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.06.2021 at 01:08, HandOfClash said:

569972341619163137.png?v=1 sözlerim 

 

 

TMP yardımcı olabilir , ama sanmıyorum. SCS ile ilgisi yoktur, çok oyunculu TMP ve bildiğim kadarıyla bildiğimiz farklı yapılandırılmıştır.

Yani evet.. ama kim bilir, belki yardımcı olur.

I don't think so, I would rather see the open world than drive with 8 or 16 people.:) 

I don't drive anywhere other than Truckers mp.

  • Like 3

                                                                                 spacer.png    -Bruijn Logistics Driver-    spacer.png    

                                                                                                                                                           spacer.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, [VIVA] Matty said:

Healthy competition is always nice! I think the devs would need to be careful not to reverse-engineer official multiplayer sourcode though as that might be stepping too much on SCS' toes.

 

 

Yeap and they can close trucksmp if they wanted to , however i think Scs mp ill bring alot features that trucksmp will never have , besides allowing to have 4500 guys in same server its the only thing that comes to my mind , the rest Scs mp have and will have more features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You lot are missing something, yes its 8 people or so but thats per server & anyone can host their own server with convoy. So while it may be only 8 players there will be a lot of 8 player servers being hosted! There is one thing Convoy has over MP & thats " enabling / disabling damage ", they are looking into mod support too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...