Jump to content

Higher penalties for those who intentionally strike.


Recommended Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsiO1Btk-us

 

As the title says, there should be higher penalties for those who hit intentionally, as the filming shows, you should first ban for a month then ban permanently, there are some who confuse ets 2 with gta ... And they make fun of the work of the other players.

I don't find it funny at all to see such things and I think I'm not the only one, so some much higher penalties for such players would be much better, I once had something similar and it took a week, no This seems normal to me, when you do something intentional ... thank you

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, [GökBörü] Dragonfly said:

I don't agree with you, I think the current penalty system is very good, the upper staffs in the team evaluated these and decided that these were the most appropriate penalties.

Everyone has their opinion, if it suits you that after 2000 ... 3000 km an idiot will come in the opposite direction, intentionally and lose the race, it's your problem, I don't agree with that

  • Sad 1
  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo @I0NUT,

 

Ik begrijp het als geen ander, maar een maandverbod is inderdaad wat ver gaan voor de eerste overtreding.

Ik speel ETS2 sinds 2012 en ervaar regelmatig soortgelijke dingen, daarom maak ik veel rapporten en stop ik er niet mee.

Het lijkt zinloos, maar weet dat het je uiteindelijk zal belonen, want na 6 bans in 1 jaar is het voorbij voor hen.

Blijf berichten over dit soort mensen en geniet ondertussen nog steeds van de game en vrienden.

 

Vriendelijke groeten,

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, @I0NUT

Currently penalty system is very good. If you haven't read the penalty system, you should read it. 🙂
 

§2.8 - How bans are issued

>The first 3 bans issued are at Game Moderator discretion.

>The 4th ban is thirty days.

>The 5th ban is permanent.
 

Any bans older than 12 months at the time of the new ban being issued are ignored, this 12 month period is the ban cooling-off period. Ban extensions are based on the active (less than 12 months old) bans at the time of expiration and will not be altered if a ban goes over the 12 month period while the ban is active. If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, Game Moderators will extend your next ban to a permanent ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. Bans that are extended due to it being your 4th or 5th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly thirty days and permanent. 

''Be Happy! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OmSaL said:

Hello, @I0NUT

Currently penalty system is very good. If you haven't read the penalty system, you should read it. 🙂
 

§2.8 - How bans are issued

>The first 3 bans issued are at Game Moderator discretion.

>The 4th ban is thirty days.

>The 5th ban is permanent.
 

Any bans older than 12 months at the time of the new ban being issued are ignored, this 12 month period is the ban cooling-off period. Ban extensions are based on the active (less than 12 months old) bans at the time of expiration and will not be altered if a ban goes over the 12 month period while the ban is active. If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, Game Moderators will extend your next ban to a permanent ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. Bans that are extended due to it being your 4th or 5th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly thirty days and permanent. 

Thank you but i know this since i play.. 

2 hours ago, GameSter said:

Hello @I0NUT,

 

I understand better than anyone else, but a month ban is indeed a bit far-reaching for the first violation.

I have been playing ETS2 since 2012 and regularly experience similar things, that's why I make a lot of reports and don't stop it.

It seems pointless but know it will reward you in the end because after 6 bans in 1 year and it's over for them.

Be sure to keep reporting on people like this, and still enjoy the game and friends in the meantime.

 

Regards,

@GameSter

i will make reports when i can, sometimes i have 10 a day 😂 în this moment i have 4.. From 15 în 2 days 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having only 2 is bad. Imagine you hit someone because of lag, or a bug and the individual reports you and you end having a permanent ban. Not nice, isn't it?

I believe the ban system and rules have been improoved during years and I find it currently good, most suitable for everyone. In each game there are good and bad players, and I believe this is constantly keeping the game up and running, sometimes having a laught. If you're a tryharder on KM/MPH for trucksbook, and encounter people constantly hitting you then you should play on arcade, or  singleplayer. You can't force someone not having fun, with their consent, just because you're a tryharder and cry for km/mph. It's a game, let's enjoy it. 

Best regards.

Signed by

// Parintele //®

 

NoPixel VTC | Discord | Website

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, // Parintele // said:

Having only 2 is bad. Imagine you hit someone because of lag, or a bug and the individual reports you and you end having a permanent ban. Not nice, isn't it?

I believe the ban system and rules have been improoved during years and I find it currently good, most suitable for everyone. In each game there are good and bad players, and I believe this is constantly keeping the game up and running, sometimes having a laught. If you're a tryharder on KM/MPH for trucksbook, and encounter people constantly hitting you then you should play on arcade, or  singleplayer. You can't force someone not having fun, with their consent, just because you're a tryharder and cry for km/mph. It's a game, let's enjoy it. 

Best regards.

 

Sorry, but the player in the video is driving in the wrong direction. This is certainly not due to a bug. The only goal he has is to harm others. Something like that belongs immediately and permanently banned!

 

truckersmp would have to show more presence in order to process more in-game reports. I rarely report because my time is too bad to waste on people who want to harm me.
obviously the truckersmp would like to do so, because it should be possible to provide enough admins for less than 4 million users to enable the simulation fans to run the game normally.

this only represents my opinion!
Translated with google

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't reffering to the video, I was debating what he said, about having 2 strikes until permanent ban. You can't blame truckersmp staff not beeing active, as everyone has their life, jobs, family then games. Can't have 2 milion players as admin. They doing what it's best. A few years ago they didn't have the history recording system, so all bans and reports were based on client recordings.

Signed by

// Parintele //®

 

NoPixel VTC | Discord | Website

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, // Parintele // said:

Having only 2 is bad. Imagine you hit someone because of lag, or a bug and the individual reports you and you end having a permanent ban. Not nice, isn't it?

I believe the ban system and rules have been improoved during years and I find it currently good, most suitable for everyone. In each game there are good and bad players, and I believe this is constantly keeping the game up and running, sometimes having a laught. If you're a tryharder on KM/MPH for trucksbook, and encounter people constantly hitting you then you should play on arcade, or  singleplayer. You can't force someone not having fun, with their consent, just because you're a tryharder and cry for km/mph. It's a game, let's enjoy it. 

Best regards.

I think you didn't understand what I meant, I agree with what it is now, but I would give greater sanctions to those who do it intentionally, as it is on the filming I put it ... do you want me to explain in Romanian?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, // Parintele // said:

If you're a tryharder on KM/MPH for trucksbook, and encounter people constantly hitting you then you should play on arcade, or  singleplayer. You can't force someone not having fun, with their consent, just because you're a tryharder and cry for km/mph.

 

Such a terrible take on this subject. If you don't wish to abide by traffic laws or rules and want to impede others who appeal to them, choose to play on arcade servers, or not at all.

  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People who troll, ram on purpose are already aware of the possible punishment. Extending punishment durations will not be a deterrent but will be pulled apart from its actual purpose and make game moderators busier with the prolonging appeal process. It'll also increase the load of the feedback system; some people will complain about their ban, fault wasn't on purpose, but the length extended, etc. Eventually, they'll criticize TMP management with bad language as well.
 

I believe that the current punishment system is working well; leaving the first three bans to the discretion of the game moderator makes the system even better. Punishments are depending on the place and intention right now.
 

Downvoting.

76561198178929243.png

 

Full-Stack Web Developer

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, /:\Pedro/:\ said:

I don't think there should be long bans because these reasons may be due to: 1. He has just bought the game and doesn't know it well. 2. Maybe they are 7 to 8 year olds and they treat it like a normal game not like a simulator


The person who decides to join TruckersMP agrees to follow its rules and policies.

Therefore it doesn't matter when a person has purchased the game, how good a person knows the game or how old a person is.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is way too harsh to ban player the second time permanent. And in some situations it isn’t easy to decide if a player rammed intentionally or not. In my opinion, the Game Moderator Team does a great work and they surely ban people longer, where it can be seen that they did something intentional. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reported one or two people driving in a wrong direction, ramming intetionally like in the op's video, and they were permanently banned on the first ban.

What happened probably, they were simultanously reported for exact same offence on more different occasions by other people too, and the moderator decided it was rigth to remove them from the community for good, as their only purpose was to troll. You can get permanently banned without any previous punishments even now, check §2.9 - Bans issued by the Game Moderation Management, which allows moderators to bypass §2.8 i ncases like this.

  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalties are a massive joke and incredibly unjust on this network.

I have been active on this network for over 6 years without causing any issues at all. None. Recently I was banned for 2 weeks (two!) for a simple accident that was caused due to desync and was not intentional. It was my first 'offense' in 6 years and I get treated like an intentional wrecker and reckless driver. It's honestly pathetic. 

 

I was driving 80km/h while someone was overtaking me with 110km/h in a tight turn. Desync caused me to swerve into him, for which I received a two week ban for "Reckless Driving" and "Ramming". Making it sound like it was intentional or I am a reckless driver. Even wrote several lengthy messages explaining how that incident was not intentional, explaining in detail that I wasn't attempting to change langes. Explaining that I am running a tripe-monitor setup, so telling me that I 'failed to check my mirrors' was kinda a stupid argument. I even provided screenshots of my map and recent contracts proving that I had no reason to even change lane at that point. I still get accused of being a reckless driver and intentionally ramming.

 

That one really gets to me, went through the entire appeal and feedback system just to be treated like a stupid little kid who deserves to be banned and need to 'learn the rules'. I am 26, working a full-time job and have to spend my time arguing with literal children over a god damn accident... while there's people ACTUALLY ramming and causing intentional crashes all day long and get a few days at most. It's really pathetic how anyone thinks this is fair.


So yes, I think the way punishments are handed out should be adjusted. There should be an official guidline for how long people are banned, taking into account wheter indicdents are intentional or accidental. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andy said:

Penalties are a massive joke and incredibly unjust on this network.

I have been active on this network for over 6 years without causing any issues at all. None. Recently I was banned for 2 weeks (two!) for a simple accident that was caused due to desync and was not intentional. It was my first 'offense' in 6 years and I get treated like an intentional wrecker and reckless driver. It's honestly pathetic. 

 

I was driving 80km/h while someone was overtaking me with 110km/h in a tight turn. Desync caused me to swerve into him, for which I received a two week ban for "Reckless Driving" and "Ramming". Making it sound like it was intentional or I am a reckless driver. Even wrote several lengthy messages explaining how that incident was not intentional, explaining in detail that I wasn't attempting to change langes. Explaining that I am running a tripe-monitor setup, so telling me that I 'failed to check my mirrors' was kinda a stupid argument. I even provided screenshots of my map and recent contracts proving that I had no reason to even change lane at that point. I still get accused of being a reckless driver and intentionally ramming.

 

That one really gets to me, went through the entire appeal and feedback system just to be treated like a stupid little kid who deserves to be banned and need to 'learn the rules'. I am 26, working a full-time job and have to spend my time arguing with literal children over a god damn accident... while there's people ACTUALLY ramming and causing intentional crashes all day long and get a few days at most. It's really pathetic how anyone thinks this is fair.


So yes, I think the way punishments are handed out should be adjusted. There should be an official guidline for how long people are banned, taking into account if indicdents are intentional or accidental. 

I would see such changes critically. Often it is for a Game/Report Moderator difficult to see if someone caused a accident intentionally or not. You know what intentions do you have when you are driving, the Moderator not. So how should a moderator decide, what was intentional if he only sees from the outside what is happening? 
 

However, if it is clearly that a ramming was intentional, it depends on how it affected other players and how much players. If there would be fixed penalties, this would be really unfair in such situations. So, in my opinion it is right the the Admin decides how he punishes you, because it could get really unfair sometimes. Just imagine it is like in court. The judge is the admin and he/she has the to decide how he punishes the child. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:06 AM, I0NUT said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsiO1Btk-us

 

As the title says, there should be higher penalties for those who hit intentionally, as the filming shows, you should first ban for a month then ban permanently, there are some who confuse ets 2 with gta ... And they make fun of the work of the other players.

I don't find it funny at all to see such things and I think I'm not the only one, so some much higher penalties for such players would be much better, I once had something similar and it took a week, no This seems normal to me, when you do something intentional ... thank you

I totally agree with that. Maybe not permanent ban from the second time but for sure more than two weeks. And if they do the same thing after 4 bans then yeah permanent removal. 

 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, Andy said:

Penalties are a massive joke and incredibly unjust on this network.

I have been active on this network for over 6 years without causing any issues at all. None. Recently I was banned for 2 weeks (two!) for a simple accident that was caused due to desync and was not intentional. It was my first 'offense' in 6 years and I get treated like an intentional wrecker and reckless driver. It's honestly pathetic. 

 

I was driving 80km/h while someone was overtaking me with 110km/h in a tight turn. Desync caused me to swerve into him, for which I received a two week ban for "Reckless Driving" and "Ramming". Making it sound like it was intentional or I am a reckless driver. Even wrote several lengthy messages explaining how that incident was not intentional, explaining in detail that I wasn't attempting to change langes. Explaining that I am running a tripe-monitor setup, so telling me that I 'failed to check my mirrors' was kinda a stupid argument. I even provided screenshots of my map and recent contracts proving that I had no reason to even change lane at that point. I still get accused of being a reckless driver and intentionally ramming.

 

That one really gets to me, went through the entire appeal and feedback system just to be treated like a stupid little kid who deserves to be banned and need to 'learn the rules'. I am 26, working a full-time job and have to spend my time arguing with literal children over a god damn accident... while there's people ACTUALLY ramming and causing intentional crashes all day long and get a few days at most. It's really pathetic how anyone thinks this is fair.


So yes, I think the way punishments are handed out should be adjusted. There should be an official guidline for how long people are banned, taking into account wheter indicdents are intentional or accidental. 

And that is indeed true. I think tha bans should still apply but there needs to be work done on the appeal system that most of the times doesn't work. A lot of people got banned because of technical difficulties or errors and sometimes even for nothing . So yeah.

Proud Driver of Global Cargo VTC

Interested in Buses, Coaches, Trucks and Cars. 

If you want to chat ,hit me up in DMs on Discord. I will be more than happy to chat with you.🙂🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

 

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Forum Moderator

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...