Does your display driver crash whenever ETS2MP does?

tgp1994

Hi everyone,

I've always felt like my graphics card has been a little dodgy, even after I had it replaced by the manufacturer. ETS2MP does it's usual crashing routine once in awhile, typically it seems in populated areas, which I guess would be more software than hardware. However, I know ETS2MP has officially crashed when my displays start glitching - ETS2's screen might glitch a little, then firefox on my other screen might either show some graphical issues or crash outright. Event Viewer will be spammed notifying me that the AMD graphics driver has crashed.

I'm curious - when ETS2MP crashes for you, does your display driver crash as well, or is it just me?

It might just be you not sure, I was having a display driver issue but it turned out to be my system being overclocked.

It could also be the AMD card you are using but I could be wrong. I always use Nvidia cards and ETS2 runs great on max settings and no more crashes.

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

I think it is overheating (I had it too with an older nvidia card). Did it come with software to monitor temperatures? If not, download and install SpeedFan and run it on your other monitor while you are playing to check the temperature of your video card. If it turns out to be overheating you should first open up your computer and remove dust from all fans and cooling elements. If that does not solve it you may need a new case with more fans or switch to liquid cooling.

I have an AMD R9 280x. I get 2 types of crashes playing ETS2MP: One that shows the 'Fatal error' message box, and one that CTD but audio still plays, which I have to go close via CTRL SHIFT ESC, which then upon launch of another game gives me the BSOD. I can play other games fine if the message box appears.

I always restart if I crash without the message box.

I have an AMD R9 280x. I get 2 types of crashes playing ETS2MP: One that shows the 'Fatal error' message box, and one that CTD but audio still plays, which I have to go close via CTRL SHIFT ESC, which then upon launch of another game gives me the BSOD. I can play other games fine if the message box appears.

I always restart if I crash without the message box.

Same problem here (R9 280x user).

I haven't been getting graphics card errors of any sort, and in SP I can go through even some very complex texture areas from mods which are ok. So in my case the 60 second+ freezes (more than crashes) in the busiest cities must just be memory problems I'm guessing. Still a pain and I wish I had some ideas about how to cure it, but then after watching some admin streams on Twitch, even with really high end systems it still happens to them as well.

Have had 0 graphics driver related issues to ETS2 or ETS2MP, so I'm not sure what could cause it. I've obviously had the small "autosave" freezes, which can range between 2 and 10 seconds.

How frequently does yours crash?

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

It crashes every time I enter the Rotterdam area. Some have that crashes that can lead to the BSOD (which is most likely graphics driver related) some show the "fatal error send log to devs etc etc" message, which don't lead to a BSOD.

And I can get the freezes in certain areas such as before the junctions when entering the Rotterdam area. Its hit and miss if I get past all of them, which so far its all been miss.

It crashes every time I enter the Rotterdam area. Some have that crashes that can lead to the BSOD (which is most likely graphics driver related) some show the "fatal error send log to devs etc etc" message, which don't lead to a BSOD.

And I can get the freezes in certain areas such as before the junctions when entering the Rotterdam area. Its hit and miss if I get past all of them, which so far its all been miss.

I have the same problem, but it never give me a BSOD or anything related to my video driver. The game freeze for around 20 seconds, and crash me to the desktop with a fatal error while inside a populated city.

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10749-fatal-error-every-time-i-enter-a-city/

76561198004601492.png

I have the same problem, but it never give me a BSOD or anything related to my video driver. The game freeze for around 20 seconds, and crash me to the desktop with a fatal error while inside a populated city.

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10749-fatal-error-every-time-i-enter-a-city/

I only get the BSOD if I launch another game if the crash didn't bring up the fatal error box. If the box appears I can play other games completely fine.

Its strange because at the starting place for a big ETR convoy I was lagging but not crashing. There were a similar amount of players of that of Rotterdam as well. It only seems to crash whenever I enter Rotterdam and sometimes spontaneously.

I only get the BSOD if I launch another game if the crash didn't bring up the fatal error box. If the box appears I can play other games completely fine.

Its strange because at the starting place for a big ETR convoy I was lagging but not crashing. There were a similar amount of players of that of Rotterdam as well. It only seems to crash whenever I enter Rotterdam and sometimes spontaneously.

Now that's something to think about. I've had this problem before with the error window not showing up as well, but never tried to launch another game immediately after the crash. This got me worried. Perhaps the crash don't close the game fully, and leave a high memory usage process running in the background interfering with whatever application you try to run?

76561198004601492.png

Archived