Local Only Addon Hookups - How to (advanced)

Forerunner

Very nice guide, Thanks. But as I've never really used blender/SCS modding tools before it's a little bit much work for me for something that's only client side.

I did wonder if it would be possible to have a local mod steering wheel that actually visibly turns?

Also you could use the "entries" in "bus_job_log"  to place the new units in, and that shouldn't mess anything up as that does not seem to be used by the game currently. And that way the email still works.

Spoiler

image.png.9570cbd634d2d0a64098e69b422d5489.png

Thanks everyone for the feedback ?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, Roccovax said:

I did wonder if it would be possible to have a local mod steering wheel that actually visibly turns

It is possible, you would need to make a local hookup that would attach to the standard steering wheel using the slots made for the steering wheel knobs, and make sure the new model either hid the old one, or use "r_steering_wheel 0" in the console to stop the steering wheel from rendering.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, Roccovax said:

Also you could use the "entries" in "bus_job_log"  to place the new units in, and that shouldn't mess anything up as that does not seem to be used by the game currently

I did some tests with this and found that at some points, could not find out why, it did actually cause a crash upon the profile loading - crashed just before you see the truck in the background. It would not happen all the time, but was able to happen which is why i prefer to use the mail_ctrl, as at least then I can avoid a crash

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 2:06 AM, Forerunner said:

It is possible, you would need to make a local hookup that would attach to the standard steering wheel using the slots made for the steering wheel knobs, and make sure the new model either hid the old one, or use "r_steering_wheel 0" in the console to stop the steering wheel from rendering.

Thanks for the guide. Is it possible to make a dashboard computer mod using this method too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...