Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?

• YES
    • NO
    • On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules : https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)
    • I have a suggestion to make as a comment
    • No opinion
  2. 2. In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km/h ?

• YES
    • NO (keep the 150km/h)
    • This limitation should be applied only on C.D road
    • No, because now it’s going to take longer to travel through Europe
    • Maximum 150km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • Maximum 200km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?

• YES
    • NO
    • No, a tougher ban if dangerous driving.
    • Not allowed on road C.D
    • No, and for truck convoys with friends how will we do without safety car?
    • Scout cars should be attributed only to moderators and people you trust to reduce accidents.
    • No opinion
    • Only people with a real car license can drive them x)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Manager

Why is there so much focus on the number of players by the people who are disagreeing with the new rules?

Yeah people who disagree with the rules will leave, trolls will leave. But rather at looking at the total number of players I would like to see more focus on the majority of the community and how happy they are.

I am happy with the new rules, and from what I see there are less trolls active (yeah!) and I see drivers spreading more and more over the whole map.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Those are the ones who made the changes happen. TMP is not GTA with trucks, the game and the mod are not meant to drive fast and crash into things. Understand that, search for other games (Wreckfest, maybe?) and be happy.

But it is part of the game, and that is what bans are for. Again, there should be options. A server with Collisions enabled but the speed limiter disabled would be a good option. And remember when there was one? It was always packed out. Clearly, it was the server that the majority of the players liked. But there should also be a Simulation server with collisions enabled but with the speed limiter for people who like to stick by the rules. Remember when there was one? It was not very popular, but it should still be there.

@Revibro So, now that the most popular server is the Simulation 1 with speed limits, we should think that it's because the majority of the players likes the speed limits? Let's be clear, it's not about collisions or speed limits, it's about people. 4200 slots server will always be more popular than 2500 slots one, no matter what rules apply, simply because it's the one with more people in it. That's why EU#2 was more popular before, that's why Simulation 1 is now. Maybe you don't remember, but when EU#2 was first set up with no speed limits and collisions enabled, people still played in EU#1 server a lot more than in EU#2. Only when the number of slots in EU#2 was made higher than in EU#1 and specially when cars were implemented only in EU#2 players switched massively to EU#2. Because they could drive cars and because there were more people there. Not because it had no speed limits, not because it had collisions, but because it was more populated. Clearly, collisions are a part of any driving game, but there's a difference between accidents and intentional crashings. These latest changes had a goal: lower the number of reports and bans. Because there were too many of them in a game (mod) that is supposed to be a simulator and where collisions among players should be anecdotic, not the most usual thing that anyone will find. And that was caused by the people who "like to drive fast and crash into things". The people who don't give a **** about others. The only way I see a no speed limits and collisions enabled server would be if it were made "Wild West" style, no rules there. But sooner rather than later, it would be the same as arcade servers now, almost empty. Because only the trolls and those who think that the fun of a trucking simulation is to go racing and crashing into everything would use it. And those are not the majority of the playerbase. Quite the contrary.

@FernandoCR [ESP]

Well then a test can be conducted and if players prefer it then it can be permanent:

- Two servers, both with 4200 slots, but one as the Simulation Server and one as the old EU#2 server rules.

There may be times where a player gets crashed into and gets a bit annoyed, but all in all, this will make the game more interesting and exciting. This should also decrease the amount of 'people who don't give a **** about others' in the Simulation server so people who like the game realistic can go about their journey without the hassle of common crashes. Again, there is freedom. People who don't enjoy EU#2 server's lack of rules can join Simulation servers. And when EU#2 was running, the crashes didn't push many players to join the other servers (which they could if they wanted to). They carried on using EU#2. As you said, they may have stayed because there were more players but I am saying that it didn't get to the point that many players decided to change servers.

If people want both servers, which evidently they do, why does it have to be so restricted?

@Revibro I already suggested that same thing, but it can't be done, the answer was that there's only one server powerful enough to host 4200 players. And that server is a lot more expensive than any of the others, so getting a new similar one or upgrading one of the lower-end servers is out of the question. And that's where the "problem" resides. It seems clear that most players will use the high capacity server, no matter if it's speed limited or not, like I said. And the TMP staff decided to turn the mod into a more simulation style, so they changed the servers to what they are now, something like: The most powerful server gets to be the one with a simulation focus, restricted speed, harder rules. The other servers are left for simulation overflow (SIM2) and arcade style users (ARC1 and ARC2).

When EU#2 was running, the players had to accept the crashes or go to the mostly empty EU#1. Some preferred to drive alone but safe (in EU#1), others preferred to drive with most other players and risk being rammed, trolled, etc. The difference is that back then, we (the simulation style players) accepted that we had to drive with trolls, rammers, reckless drivers out of control, etc. That we would be rammed, our games would be ruined most of the times by others, or that we would have to drive most of the time on empty roads in EU#1. We did that for years. Now, the arcade style players don't accept that they have to drive at lower speeds or in no collision servers. Since the very moment the changes were made.

Finally, it's not for the simulation or arcade players to decide, it's up to TMP staff. Same as they decided before to have most people in a "Idiots on the road" style environment, they have now decided to have most people in a "Road to simulation" environment. We, as players, can accept what they decide, can suggest changes or improvements (that can be accepted or not) or can stop using the mod. There are plenty of driving games out there and there will always be single player versions of ETS2 and ATS.

@FernandoCR [ESP]

Ah. I did not take into account the price-side of the servers.

When I played on EU#2, I hardly ever got rammed, but I see what you mean. When it did happen it was very frustrating. In my opinion, I didn't mind getting crashed into occasionally, or the odd pile-up as it makes deliveries a little more interesting. Though this may reduce the realism for drivers and might cost a little to repair, it did not bother me, or any of my friends too much. While I was not one who liked to cause the chaos, being crashed into did not ruin the game for me.

But on the realistic side of it, even when 4200 people are playing in a server you don't come across many other players whereas in real life there would be large amounts of traffic on most roads. The majority of the trucks ever you see are in bustling cities or when there is an event which forces everyone to certain depots. If people want it more like a realistic simulation game, they should just play single-player.

As you said, any decision TMP staff make shall be accepted.

• Community Manager
27 minutes ago, Revibro said:

. If people want it more like a realistic simulation game, they should just play single-player.

As you said, any decision TMP staff make shall be accepted.

The same argument can be made for people who want to drive fast go play in SP mode and don't bother us with it.

I like to drive realistic with other humans and I do not mind an occasional accident. That can happen. I do mind trolls who crash on purpose and I also mind when accidents happen out of pure recklessness.

And I can see both sides of the arguments I just agree with the current rule set more.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Revibro I already suggested that same thing, but it can't be done, the answer was that there's only one server powerful enough to host 4200 players. And that server is a lot more expensive than any of the others, so getting a new similar one or upgrading one of the lower-end servers is out of the question. And that's where the "problem" resides. It seems clear that most players will use the high capacity server, no matter if it's speed limited or not, like I said. And the TMP staff decided to turn the mod into a more simulation style, so they changed the servers to what they are now, something like: The most powerful server gets to be the one with a simulation focus, restricted speed, harder rules. The other servers are left for simulation overflow (SIM2) and arcade style users (ARC1 and ARC2).

When EU#2 was running, the players had to accept the crashes or go to the mostly empty EU#1. Some preferred to drive alone but safe (in EU#1), others preferred to drive with most other players and risk being rammed, trolled, etc. The difference is that back then, we (the simulation style players) accepted that we had to drive with trolls, rammers, reckless drivers out of control, etc. That we would be rammed, our games would be ruined most of the times by others, or that we would have to drive most of the time on empty roads in EU#1. We did that for years. Now, the arcade style players don't accept that they have to drive at lower speeds or in no collision servers. Since the very moment the changes were made.

Finally, it's not for the simulation or arcade players to decide, it's up to TMP staff. Same as they decided before to have most people in a "Idiots on the road" style environment, they have now decided to have most people in a "Road to simulation" environment. We, as players, can accept what they decide, can suggest changes or improvements (that can be accepted or not) or can stop using the mod. There are plenty of driving games out there and there will always be single player versions of ETS2 and ATS.

Spot on mate, spot on...

I was also a driver who mainly rode in Simulation 1 to avoid the annoying behavior of trolls and GTA idiots.
At the moment I am even running on the busiest Simulation Server, something I hadn't expected anymore.

Apart from some minor incidents, this is going well. The change of TMP has meant a lot to me and I am very happy with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the maximum speed may be slightly back, to 85 km.

spacer.png

• Community Manager
46 minutes ago, ClooneyClown said:

I was also a driver who mainly rode in Simulation 1 to avoid the annoying behavior of trolls and GTA idiots.

At the moment I am even running on the busiest Simulation Server, something I hadn't expected anymore.

Apart from some minor incidents, this is going well. The change of TMP has meant a lot to me and I am very happy with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the maximum speed may be slightly back, to 85 km.

Super.

And as a general rule of thumb you can also assume that those who are against the new rules are more vocal than those who are in favor.

I would be in favor of lowering the speed limit to about 95 km/h

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

@purrieYes and that is why (because there are both sides to the argument) there should be two servers with both options. And because it costs, maybe the servers should be made smaller (2300 slots)? And replace the other Arcade servers to save on costs? Because they have 300 people playing when there could be many more and it is a waste of the servers and money. Why can't that money be put into these servers and make them bigger (back to 4200 slots)? Then players have the choice. They should not be limited to one option.

Also, while I've been playing (a couple of years) I only came across these 'GTA idiots' four times. It was so uncommon for me that I could carry on playing. Unintentional crashes may happen between players, and that is fine - it makes the jobs more exciting and fun.

One of the times I came across the players who purposely annoy others was on a motorway. They were blocking all of the lanes with their trailers. I managed to get past one of them but then they rammed in front of me. Finally they did move but this did cause significant damage to many players who had to stop. And these new speed limits would not have stopped that because they were not moving. I have not come across an idiot in the new servers yet, but I have not played as much as I used to.

If the traffic / amount of vehicles you come across is not realistic, why do the speed limits need to be realistic? We now drive at speeds that we would if there were so many vehicles it would be unsafe to (like real life). But there aren't that many vehicles, so what is the point?

When overtaking people, especially if you are both going the same speed, it's just not going to happen. You'll be sitting there in your truck flooring it and you'll just be blocking up the outside lane because you have not gained on the other person. And then your stuck behind someone when you used to be able to actually overtake them. 93mph / 150kph may not be the most realistic speed, especially for a truck, but what is the point of going slower? In cities (where most people are) there was still a limit: you could not go over 80kph once you entered and if someone pulled out of a depot in front of you, at that speed, you'd be able to stop. And if you dislike the 93mph / 150 kph, you could always revert to the other server with the other option. Choice.

I also see both sides of the argument, and while I am slightly biased, I will accept what ever is said / chosen.

And if different people want both of the following:

- the slower speed limits for more realistic gameplay and less crashes 

- to be able to go faster, overtake people and don't mind crashes much

Why not have separate servers for both opinions? Then it would suit everyone.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Revibro said:

@purrieYes and that is why (because there are both sides to the argument) there should be two servers with both options. And because it costs, maybe the servers should be made smaller (2300 slots)? And replace the other Arcade servers to save on costs? Because they have 300 people playing when there could be many more and it is a waste of the servers and money. Why can't that money be put into these servers and make them bigger (back to 4200 slots)? Then players have the choice. They should not be limited to one option.

Also, while I've been playing (a couple of years) I only came across these 'GTA idiots' four times. It was so uncommon for me that I could carry on playing. Unintentional crashes may happen between players, and that is fine - it makes the jobs more exciting and fun.

One of the times I came across the players who purposely annoy others was on a motorway. They were blocking all of the lanes with their trailers. I managed to get past one of them but then they rammed in front of me. Finally they did move but this did cause significant damage to many players who had to stop. And these new speed limits would not have stopped that because they were not moving. I have not come across an idiot in the new servers yet, but I have not played as much as I used to.

If the traffic / amount of vehicles you come across is not realistic, why do the speed limits need to be realistic? We now drive at speeds that we would if there were so many vehicles it would be unsafe to (like real life). But there aren't that many vehicles, so what is the point?

When overtaking people, especially if you are both going the same speed, it's just not going to happen. You'll be sitting there in your truck flooring it and you'll just be blocking up the outside lane because you have not gained on the other person. And then your stuck behind someone when you used to be able to actually overtake them. 93mph / 150kph may not be the most realistic speed, especially for a truck, but what is the point of going slower? In cities (where most people are) there was still a limit: you could not go over 80kph once you entered and if someone pulled out of a depot in front of you, at that speed, you'd be able to stop. And if you dislike the 93mph / 150 kph, you could always revert to the other server with the other option. Choice.

I also see both sides of the argument, and while I am slightly biased, I will accept what ever is said / chosen.

And if different people want both of the following:

- the slower speed limits for more realistic gameplay and less crashes 

- to be able to go faster, overtake people and don't mind crashes much

Why not have separate servers for both opinions? Then it would suit everyone.

I haven't read each post so excuse me if you already mentioned it...

So your problem with the simulation servers is the lack of speed and the problem with the arcade servers is the lack of collisions?

And you're very right that speed limits are not the answer to everything and we also have to recognize that there will always be idiots no matter what rules you lay down. From what I've played before and now the situation has really improved (for me...) because of the speed limit. Way less idiots, way less trolls, way less accidents because people tip over when driving 150km/h because there is a small corner in the highway. And on the other hand why should the people who drive fast and can control their vehicle suffer.

I must say your scenario of overtaking seems very real life, and very realistic ? And the point of going slower is: it is more realistic. And it is a sim game not a race game. And I do hope that TruckersMP main goal is to keep it as realistic as possible (and true it will never be as realistic as real life due to the lack of real traffic patterns)

I know a bit about servers/vps but have no hands on knowledge what specs the servers are that truckersmp are using right now for their servers. It is their money so they should spend it as they see fit. Maybe they are open for sponsorship of a server with the right specs. I don't know. Maybe 2 arcade servers will make up for one large server. But I am assured that they will listen to the folks and do what they see as best solution for the community, their volunteers and their wallets :)

Oh and I did not really enter this discussion to voice my opinion (as said I am in favor of the current ruleset but I also see the downside) but also to stand up to those who say "See, the numbers of players are going down. See! They all think the new rules suck and thus left!". That is just too easy or as we in the Netherlands would say "Scoreboard Journalism" :)

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

@purrie

I do agree with you: Why should competent drivers have to suffer?

But in my opinion, there should still be the option for more realistic simulation (still not up to real-life standards) and for the old EU#2 simulation.

Although it is a simulator, it is still a game and it will never be exactly like real life and I think how they had it before was good.

It was the same as we have now (a simulation server (EU#1)) but with a server without the speed restrictions (EU#2).

All that we've done is force everyone to either go 110kph or not be able to hit things. Not hitting things sounds like a good idea at first, but then you get more idiot drivers who drive straight through you and you end up not being able to see where you are going and you crash! Also, it is part of the game and if it is taken out it makes it less enjoyable.

And what I am saying is: If the Arcade servers get scrapped (because they have a lot of player slots unused) then the money from them can go into making a new server just like the EU#2 server for the players that liked how it was before! The Simulation 1 server can still be there for the players that like how it is now! Then it should suit everyone! Many people don't like getting crashed into occasionally, and they can play on the Simulation 1 server. I preferred how it was before when we had the choice. I played on EU#2 because I could drive at higher speeds and I was one who can actually control my vehicle at speed. I didn't mind the occasional crash so I stayed on EU#2.

It is clear that many people liked EU#2 as it was and many people like Simulation 1 as it is now especially as the votes on the poll are extremely close. So why can't we have both servers? If it costs too much, as I said before, the Arcade servers could get scrapped or TMP could raise money for the servers. maybe not??? If people say it is not realistic and ETS2 is a Simulation game, they can play on the Simulation server!

But the point I am trying to make clear, is that if people like it both ways, why don't we have both options?

Thanks for the input,

Revi

I like how ETS2 with TruckersMP used to be.

The glitching trailers, flying lorries and random crashes was part of the game.

It made the jobs and deliveries more interesting.

Short jobs are fine. Just drive down a road and that's the end. But now if you dare to take a long job, you just drive down a longer road for hours. Not much happens. No pile-ups. No crashes. No arguments. No annoying car drivers ramming into everyone. Just a never-ending piece of tarmac. I know it is a Simulation game, but if you are looking for something as realistic as it can get, just become a truck driver in real life. It is a game. Emergency braking or swerving out of the way of a crash is good practice for real-life life-saving manoeuvres. And for people who have a life away from the computer and a real life job, they might not have much time to play. So they would be able to do 1 or 2 long jobs in the time they could have done 3 or 4 long jobs because of speed limits.

I personally think that the new rules applied are correct, less crashs/accidents and troll. I see comments saying to lower the limit by less than 100 km, and I do not agree very much on this point because for me below this speed I think that the driving will take more time in non people areas so the annoyance of driving without traffic at low speed will be felt. But I agree to apply the speed to less than 100 km than in the future of the multiplayer when the staff of Truckersmp will have succeeded added the mode
with multiplayer traffic. Then it will be even better to play multiplayer between friends and players from all over the world, more realism and therefore traffic everywhere. So I think that it is at this point that we will have to set the speed limits as in the game in SP.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, purrie said:

You probably mean 60km/h. That is when you are within the city limits.

No that is not what I meant. When driving out of a city (highway or country road), I sometimes can't drive faster then 90 km/h (thus the speed limit is 90 km/h) ... and It bothers me cause any other day I am able to speed up to 110 km/h which should be the right speed limit right now (on Simulation 1 server). I just wonder if it is intentional and what is the cause of that. Also I spotted a lot of drivers that were driving at speed of 90 km/h while I was able to overtake them with 110 km/h speed (can't tell if they were restricted or not).

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Popoill said:

No that is not what I meant. When driving out of a city (highway or country road), I sometimes can't drive faster then 90 km/h (thus the speed limit is 90 km/h) ... and It bothers me cause any other day I am able to speed up to 110 km/h which should be the right speed limit right now (on Simulation 1 server). I just wonder if it is intentional and what is the cause of that. Also I spotted a lot of drivers that were driving at speed of 90 km/h while I was able to overtake them with 110 km/h speed (can't tell if they were restricted or not).

Ah didn't notice it myself. If you do a World Of Trucks delivery (external delivery) you cannot go faster than 90km on your entire route (except for those parts where 60km is enforced).

I try to keep a speed limit of max 90km/h myself as well (only downhill is sometimes faster) even when not doing external jobs.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

The possible removal of the Skoda Car is the reason why I will soon leave TMP. I still don't get it why people give the car the fault that people ram with it.

Firstly, I mostly see only truck drivers being trolls, skoda trolls are rare. Secondly, its the driver not the vehicle. The skoda car doesn't give you any ,help' to ram someone. It only speeds up faster, but all in all its just a truck with car weight and car model.

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, poland.ball said:

The possible removal of the Skoda Car is the reason why I will soon leave TMP. I still don't get it why people give the car the fault that people ram with it.

Firstly, I mostly see only truck drivers being trolls, skoda trolls are rare. Secondly, its the driver not the vehicle. The skoda car doesn't give you any ,help' to ram someone. It only speeds up faster, but all in all its just a truck with car weight and car model.

I guess usually because they are rammed by a car and not by a truck.... But as you say there are also many trolls that drive a truck.

The scout car does not really have to be removed as far as I am concerned. I always wonder why would you want to drive a car in a truck simulation game if you're not a pilot for a convoy.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

Archived