Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.

Poll on new rules applies on servers, speed restriction and that cars are always allowed.  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new server system applied by TruckersMP?

• YES
    • NO
    • On 2 Arcade servers, we need 1 with a collision and 1 without (with arcade mode rules : https://truckersmp.com/blog/167)
    • I have a suggestion to make as a comment
    • No opinion
  2. 2. In the simulation mode, do you agree to reduce the speed 110km/h ?

• YES
    • NO (keep the 150km/h)
    • This limitation should be applied only on C.D road
    • No, because now it’s going to take longer to travel through Europe
    • Maximum 150km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • Maximum 200km/h on highway and maximum 110km/h on country roads
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Should Scout cars be out of the multiplayer (only simulation mode)?

• YES
    • NO
    • No, a tougher ban if dangerous driving.
    • Not allowed on road C.D
    • No, and for truck convoys with friends how will we do without safety car?
    • Scout cars should be attributed only to moderators and people you trust to reduce accidents.
    • No opinion
    • Only people with a real car license can drive them x)

In regards to the speed limit, I like the 150 km/h or 200 km/h limit on highways and 115 km/h on regular roads idea.

Honestly, the current speed limit is considerably slower than what I can safely handle and I thought the old speed limits were fine... maybe perfect, in fact. Driving at the max speed of the old limit, you were right on that line of it being easy or not to maintain control of your truck in most situations. Now I feel like I'm forced to go too slow on the highways..... which is really the only areas that I normally went significantly above the game's speed limit. 

Honestly I actually feel LESS safe with the new limit, because there is no way to just quickly overtake the swervy drivers and leave their dangerous driving in the dust. Instead your only options are to maintain good distance behind them or be stuck next to them for an extended period of time. Typically the bad drivers could never achieve the AVERAGE speeds of the good drivers because they are making too rapid of steering adjustments, thus slowing them down. 

Finally, I did not have a major issue with people wrecking into me with the old faster speed limit (it happened sometimes, but no more than it does now), so I am at a loss for why they felt slowing it down even more was necessary.  

Even from a simulation standpoint, the current speed limit is not only unrealistic.... but it can be a real drag.... especially when you're on a highway that has little to no driving challenge and you're limited to speeds that are unnecessarily slow.  

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, MadCowTransport said:

In regards to the speed limit, I like the 150 km/h or 200 km/h limit on highways and 115 km/h on regular roads idea.

Honestly, the current speed limit is considerably slower than what I can safely handle and I thought the old speed limits were fine... maybe perfect, in fact. Driving at the max speed of the old limit, you were right on that line of it being easy or not to maintain control of your truck in most situations. Now I feel like I'm forced to go too slow on the highways..... which is really the only areas that I normally went significantly above the game's speed limit. 

Honestly I actually feel LESS safe with the new limit, because there is no way to just quickly overtake the swervy drivers and leave their dangerous driving in the dust. Instead your only options are to maintain good distance behind them or be stuck next to them for an extended period of time. Typically the bad drivers could never achieve the AVERAGE speeds of the good drivers because they are making too rapid of steering adjustments, thus slowing them down. 

Finally, I did not have a major issue with people wrecking into me with the old faster speed limit (it happened sometimes, but no more than it does now), so I am at a loss for why they felt slowing it down even more was necessary.  

Even from a simulation standpoint, the current speed limit is not only unrealistic.... but it can be a real drag.... especially when you're on a highway that has little to no driving challenge and you're limited to speeds that are unnecessarily slow.  

And yes without traffic on multiplayer highways it’s very annoying to ride slower than before. I think once the traffic mode will be added its will be more interesting to reduce the speed limit.

5 hours ago, Nathrob said:

And yes without traffic on multiplayer highways it’s very annoying to ride slower than before. I think once the traffic mode will be added its will be more interesting to reduce the speed limit.

We won't need a speed limit then because the traffic will force you to slow down

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

On 9/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, purrie said:

I guess usually because they are rammed by a car and not by a truck.... But as you say there are also many trolls that drive a truck.

The scout car does not really have to be removed as far as I am concerned. I always wonder why would you want to drive a car in a truck simulation game if you're not a pilot for a convoy.

Ask me anything. 160.000 km on the skoda.

^

Discovery (Map discovery, discovering towns,...)
Roleplaying (Life roleplay, Holiday roleplay,...)

Also, ETS2 has the perfect atmosphere for driving a car. Physics are adorable, graphics are good, roads are good, its just a well made game suitable for all transport vehicles. Its kinda sad to be bound to one vehicle in such a perfect game atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived