VIP-status

iReacheR

Suggestion name: Opportunity of buying VIP-status

Suggestion description: I suggest to add VIP-statuses on the ETS2MP. This feature will bring some new opportunities to players who have it:

- Colored nickname (golden, for example) on the website, forum and server;

- Unlimited AFK-time;

- Will make /admins command available to them (this command shows list of all online admins);

- Personal «Welcome» message when VIP-player has been connected to a server;

- Opportunity to test new unreleased multiplayer versions on the special test server;

- Some other functions.

You can ask: «How will I can buy it?», and I'll answer you. I think that buying of this feature can be available on the special page of the website (http://shop.ets2mp.com, for example) by use of automatically payment system – WebMoney, PayPal, etc. Its optimal cost, in my opinion, can be about $5.

In addition:

Players might begin thinking that they are better than others.

and think they're higher up than someone who doesn't have the same 'status'.

But i see a problem with unlimited AFK.When there is no ADMIN online and a Player has a VIP Status then he can Block so long until an ADMIN comes.So i think this Feature should be only enabled at NCZ's (No-Collision-Zones)

I understand this, and therefore I want to show you the little part of the «Terms of service» that can be shown to a player before buying VIP.

When buying a VIP-status you're automatically agree with the following terms of service. If you do not agree with one or more paragraphs – you should cancel this purchase.

1. The general information

1.1. ...

2. Information for players who purchased the additional privileges

2.1.You remain a normal player, like everyone else, only with a few more functionality;

2.2. After buying you won't be special and won't have right to consider themselves better than others, to do and say whatever you want;

2.3. When you purchase additional privileges you getting greater responsibility for your actions and realizes that after repeatedly breaking the rules, you will receive a double punishment and will lose your status.

Also I would like to suggest to divide VIP-status on two types: limited and full.

Limited VIP-status

- Price: $5

- Duration of the privileges: 2 weeks;

- Time of AFK: 30 mins;

- /admins command (which shows info only about presence or absence of admins on a server);

- Colored nickname [?];

- Test server isn't available for this group.

Full VIP-status

- Price: $9;

- Duration of the privileges: 6 months;

- Time of AFK: unlimited;

- /admins command (which shows full list of all online admins);

- Colored nickname [?];

- Test server is fully available for this group.

P.S.: Some info (prices, duration of subscription, AFK time, etc) that I have written here is only for example; this is only my idea, it should be rethought and can be edited before releasing (if it will be realized :D)

P.S.S.: Colored nicknames are under question; now I think that this thing isn't very important to be added because users will be really stand out from all number of players.

Any example images: Nope, just use your imagination :]

Why should it be added?: I think this feature will make functionality of the multiplayer a little bit more interesting and will let developers to make more money, that will have a positive impact on the financial support of the project.

Edited by iReacheR
Updated
  • Upvote 8

Russian community / iReacheR

76561198080383373.png

Suggestion name: Opportunity of buying VIP-status

Suggestion description: I suggest to add VIP-statuses on the ETS2MP. This feature will bring some new opportunities to players who have it:

- Colored nickname (golden, for example) on the website, forum and server;

- Unlimited AFK-time;

I like that idea ;)

- Will make /admins command available to them;

That would have to be a limited command set or problems could start happening

- Some other functions.

Closed Alpha tests? (testing the new patches before they go live)

You can ask: «How will I can buy it?», and I'll answer you. I think that buying of this feature can be available on the special page of the website (http://shop.ets2mp.com, for example) by use of automatically payment system – WebMoney, PayPal, etc. Its optimal cost, in my opinion, can be about $5.

Monthly subscription?

Any example images: Nope, just use your imagination :]

Why should it be added?: I think this feature will make functionality of the multiplayer a little bit more interesting and will let developers to make more money, that will have a positive impact on the financial support of the project.

• Upvote 1

Thanx for clearing that one up truck 

I can also see why that would not be open to the general member base as you dont want a huge amount of PMs for reporting ;)

We can /blockpm anyway :P

But you are right, also it would increase players who are complaining:

''Admins are online but they dont do anything!'' ''The admins are online but arent kicking/banning anyone!!''

Admins are also normal players, sometimes we go out for a drive here and there :)

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

-1 , do you want to establish a second class system? I don't like this idea.

I've to agree that this is a great opportunity to finance the development but it is very counterproductive according to social skills. Players might begin thinking that they are better than others.

Imagine: A big BMW and a little Lada. In most cases the BMW's driver thinks that he has more rights, e.g. to have right of way.

In order to become a professional and user-friendly community, this suggestion is in my opinion self-defeating because this is the other way around.

• Upvote 2

We can /blockpm anyway :P

But you are right, also it would increase players who are complaining:

''Admins are online but they dont do anything!'' ''The admins are online but arent kicking/banning anyone!!''

Admins are also normal players, sometimes we go out for a drive here and there :)

Well yes whats the point of being an admin if you can not play as well

Can we get /ignore <ID> so we can silence chat from that person or /ignoresound <ID> so we dont here there horn spam?

Well yes whats the point of being an admin if you can not play as well

Can we get /ignore <ID> so we can silence chat from that person or /ignoresound <ID> so we dont here there horn spam?

Make an apart suggestion topic for that ;)

• Upvote 1

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

He means with /admins the admins who are online guys ;)

Yep, thank you for clarification :)

Closed Alpha tests? (testing the new patches before they go live)

By the way, yes, it's a really good idea. Devs can make test server available for VIPs to let them to test new version. I've added your idea to my main post :)

Monthly subscription?

At the discretion of developers.

No,Then ETS2MP wont be free anymore because you have to buy something to get extra-features.

I think you're wrong, this mod will remain free for download... No one will force you to pay money to play, no one will force you to buy this status, moreover, you can play completely comfortable without it – these functions are only a small gratitude for a players who sent some money to this project.

Russian community / iReacheR

76561198080383373.png

-snip-

Monthly subscription?

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

this one tears me apart. i like the idea of being able to provide a little funding for the project, but i am not willing to be charged 5 dollars per month. once is fine, i can handle that. but repeatedly, then it sounds like a money grab. ill give it +1 but without the subscription aspect. get a patreon if you want monthly funding from players

this one tears me apart. i like the idea of being able to provide a little funding for the project, but i am not willing to be charged 5 dollars per month. once is fine, i can handle that. but repeatedly, then it sounds like a money grab. ill give it +1 but without the subscription aspect. get a patreon if you want monthly funding from players

Subscription update is pretty much better. A one off payment wont keep the servers up for ever, Monthly will keep them constantly funded for a long time. One off gives some money at the start but once everyone has upgraded there's less source of income

The only compromise would be EITHER a small amount monthly or a large one off payment.

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Subscription update is pretty much better. A one off payment wont keep the servers up for ever, Monthly will keep them constantly funded for a long time. One off gives some money at the start but once everyone has upgraded there's less source of income

The only compromise would be EITHER a small amount monthly or a large one off payment.

Yes a little every month from some of us would go a long way in keeping and upgrading the servers etc

about VIP rammers,

If they are rammers, they will be penalized with (removed VIP subscription, Longer Ban )

I mean, Penalty will be harder than the normal member !

what you think iReacheR

Edited by iReacheR
I agree with you, read my post below :)
  • Upvote 3

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

Yep, thank you for clarification :)

By the way, yes, it's a really good idea. Devs can make test server available for VIPs to let them to test new version. I've added your idea to my main post :)

I think you're wrong, this mod will remain free for download... No one will force you to pay money to play, no one will force you to buy this status, moreover, you can play completely comfortable without it – these functions are only a small gratitude for a players who sent some money to this project.

I Changed my Mind. :D

Hi

Cash for Unban?I think this is a little to Hard.

I think its a good system. I personally wouldn't suggest it, but I would +1 it if it was suggested.

Players who get banned have the option to pay for an unban/reduced ban with exception of serious offenses. 

They can only do it once and the cost varies depending on what they did :)

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

-1 , do you want to establish a second class system? I don't like this idea.

I've to agree that this is a great opportunity to finance the development but it is very counterproductive according to social skills. Players might begin thinking that they are better than others.

Imagine: A big BMW and a little Lada. In most cases the BMW's driver thinks that he has more rights, e.g. to have right of way.

In order to become a professional and user-friendly community, this suggestion is in my opinion self-defeating because this is the other way around.

I'm against it for this very reason.

I'm all for money being brought in to support the development of the mod but this will create a division between users. Albeit some don't change because of this type of system but the majority do tend to get big headed, cocky and think they're higher up than someone who doesn't have the same 'status'. 

The unlimited AFK time is just outright BS because all users were able to be AFK before whoever the genius is that thought taking it away was a good idea and didn't have to pay anything for it. You're basically forcing us to pay for it because almost all of us absolutely hate the damn system. Right now the only way to not be effected by it is by being a member of the MP team and if this blatant forced theft that we'll all agree to is put in place then that is going to be the only other way. Not to mention it seems like the lazy approach to fixing the issue with it.

Another thing, if this ended up becoming implemented. If it was a monthly payment you can count me out of it right now regardless of how much I enjoy ETS2MP and would actually pay for something like this if it was a one time payment. You'll say but it's not reliable; well then make the price 10 or 15, hell even 20 per user (or higher). Even making it a donation where the forced minimum is 10 and if the person chose to do so they have the option to donate more towards it would be a better idea. I refuse to pay for anything that requires a monthly payment anymore concerning games.

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.