Possible new ets2 features

SouthenLad

Possible new ets2 features that could be added to the game later on.

So somethings that scs could add to ets2 that could make the game a little more realistic and show what truckers do IRL.

Twist Locks.

Twist locks are something that are on your trailer they are used for when a box gets put on your trailer then you turn the twist locks and this locks the box to the trailer.

Suzies.

Suzies are found on the back of your truck near your chases they are the wires you see that connect to your trailer now what scs could do is allow you to set an option to connect these like the setting low pressure you simple click real simulation for this and then you connect these wires when you put a new trailer on 

Industrial estates.

Something that could be modeled into ets2 is Industrial estates that you can go into and deliverer your loads in there this would make it a lot more realistic as most obs that truckers take go to these places and then they reverse onto a door and get off loaded

Leave a reply whats your opinion on these and if you think that these could be added.

I heard some trucks have an automatic brake system (in case the distance between the vehicle in front of you is suddenly shortened), the truck will automatically applies the brakes.

And an autopilot system that the truck on stay in lane. It's very useful when you are stuck in traffic, the truck will keep moving and you can chat with other players.

One more thing, lane run over warning. An alert to warn the driver your truck is not in-lane.

That will keep MP much safer. But I don't think SCS will do this feature even if ETS20 is released.

I agree with the suggestions above, it would be really nice to have all these features and I really do think a lot of the older cities especially should be reworked and in my opinion be made bigger with busy city areas and then a separate section which would be the industrial estate. 

However, reworking all the cities is going to take time and probably may never happen due to SCS releasing even more newer areas to discover. :(

I think that these would be an amazing addition to ETS2 and maybe even ATS but unfortunately, SCS would have to spend about a year to convert all the citys with industrial estates, make sure all roads work ect. The twist locks could be awesome and if SCS do ever bring these in, maybe they would also add the option to walk around your truck? And if you can walk around your truck, you might aswell add the option to attach your cables to the trailer. 

If this was to ever happen, maybe more players would play ETS2, but then again it may turn away new players as they think it is too complicated. Oh well, we will have to wait and see what SCS do.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I want SCS to do at the moment is update their game engine, because the game is really old and it will be great if they make better graphics. This changes will cause better FPS in multiplayer too I think.

Also, It's a bit silly that they made 2 games with similiar content, It was easier to make 1 game called TruckSimulator and have both maps in it, plus for future they also could add for example Asian part so It won't be a problem with it because game is called American or European truck simulator and that's why they can't add Asian or other map.

10 hours ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

The only thing I want SCS to do at the moment is update their game engine, because the game is really old and it will be great if they make better graphics. This changes will cause better FPS in multiplayer too I think.

Also, It's a bit silly that they made 2 games with similiar content, It was easier to make 1 game called TruckSimulator and have both maps in it, plus for future they also could add for example Asian part so It won't be a problem with it because game is called American or European truck simulator and that's why they can't add Asian or other map.

This one hundred times ^^. I feel that this game is getting behind graphically and performance wise.

But I'm not sure what consequences would it have to change their game engine entirely. How much would it take? Is it even possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me. 

//Moved to Archive

Archived