Jump to content

removal of the limiter on ats


chipmunk197
 Share

Recommended Posts

Suggestion Name: no ats limiter

Suggestion Description:i was playing ats the other day going from new mex to yuma and every city with a highway going in it i was forced to 55mph from 75mph even when the speed limit is 75

Any example images: just look at what happen to eu1 server had the same speed restrictions

Why should it be added?: just look at what happen to eu1 server had the same speed restrictions and died after the first week nobody played it so thats got to say something we only put up with it now because we have to if you want to play ats mp

 

better dlc support and none collision areas in the dlc maps would of been better

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anriandor

I agree that there is no necessity to limit ATS since hardly anybody plays that anyway.

 

//Moved to Gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

but not on the highway when its 75 forced down to 55 or 80forced to 55 on nv highways 

3 hours ago, Anriandor said:

I agree that there is no necessity to limit ATS since hardly anybody plays that anyway.

 

//Moved to Gameplay.

for the most part ats is well behaved most of my reports have been about none standered trailers even thats like once a month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Graywolf.

The speed limit does reduce when you go thru any city in the real world , so it is fairly realistic..Its not gonna hurt anyone if it takes a few extra seconds to go thru a town ..At the end of the day its all fun and games "supposed to be"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Graywolf71 said:

The speed limit does reduce when you go thru any city in the real world , so it is fairly realistic..Its not gonna hurt anyone if it takes a few extra seconds to go thru a town ..At the end of the day its all fun and games "supposed to be"

I agree, also 100 ain't bad for hauling. I rarely ever do it, but it is fast for the older me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree on that. :)  

Anyway, there aren't so many players playing ATS, so removing speed limit would be totally okay. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hopefully the devs will look at this and see the amount of people playing ats witch is around 300-400 at peak times and remove it lol there isnt even an admin on USA ats server most of the times and still no body hardly messes around 

 

the speed limit is only helpful on ets2 even then iv not seen any difference in reckless driving im still getting rammed daily 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Graywolf.

Well to be honest id like to have it where  you could only run whatever the truck speed limit is in each state..Exp: California is 55 for trucks..I know most wouldn't like that but it would be realistic and enjoyable..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Here in the US our interstates do cut through cities, a lot of reason why some cities are as large as they are. However when going through these cities the limit is not reduced. Only on city streets and maybe 2 lane state highways does it reduce. Interstates are not affected. Each state has its own limits, some faster than others. I think the limiter should be set to whatever the posted speed limit is for that area. Yes ATS doesnt have near the player numbers ETS2 does and we do things differently here. Our trucks are not limited as far as I know, but I do think their speed limit is slightly lower than that of cars, at least in my home state of Texas. I have always been supportive of the limiter in both games, however it does not make sense that the limiters do not allow us to reach posted speed limit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In regards to realism: There is no Federal limit to how fast trucks can go in the US. However, a lot of companies choose to add speed limiting devices (governors) to trucks for fuel economy. The governors are typically set to around 65 MPH.

 

In regards to gameplay: Setting a global speed limiter in cities doesn't make much sense in ATS. ETS2 Europe #2 it makes sense, but not in ATS. There just isn't enough traffic or issues with people causing issues for this to be a concern. If it ever does become an issue, then it should be considered, but until then I feel the limits should be removed completely. The roads in America tend to be far less curvy and the trucks themselves are less prone to tipping over than in Europe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/04/2018 at 7:17 PM, chipmunk197 said:

Suggestion Name: no ats limiter

Suggestion Description:i was playing ats the other day going from new mex to yuma and every city with a highway going in it i was forced to 55mph from 75mph even when the speed limit is 75

Any example images: just look at what happen to eu1 server had the same speed restrictions

Why should it be added?: just look at what happen to eu1 server had the same speed restrictions and died after the first week nobody played it so thats got to say something we only put up with it now because we have to if you want to play ats mp

 

better dlc support and none collision areas in the dlc maps would of been better

First of all, it all depends upon how the speed limiter works because of its tile based, not asset based, then I’m afraid nothing can be done, especially if city roads pass through those tiles.

 

secondly, one day when ATS has expanded and is on the same level as ETS2, then you’ll be thankful for the limiters. 

 

Thirdly, to the average joe who enjoys driving and not racing, being limited for just a short period of time is kind of realistic because sometimes highways can have speed restrictions for certain sections because of local issues, so just because SCS doesn’t simulate it in the form of speed signs, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 

 

Fourth, EU1 did NOT die in a week as you claim, I can say from personal experience that EU1 lived for a few months until the content dried up, hence why almost all servers are empty, not because of speed restrictions etc. 

 

Fifth, NCZs are crucial in TMP, without them, it’ll be like the old ETS2 days where trailers would ping into space because of multiple people picking up, impatient drivers ramming others out of the way and just general chaos. 

 

So from me, I say no to removing limiters, adjusting them so that speed lost isn’t that much, maybe, but when it goes a time when ATSMP comes back to life, they should be reduced, mostly for driver safety, you don’t want to be exiting into a city and be rammed by a troll doing 90mph into you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

First of all, it all depends upon how the speed limiter works because of its tile based, not asset based, then I’m afraid nothing can be done, especially if city roads pass through those tiles.

 

secondly, one day when ATS has expanded and is on the same level as ETS2, then you’ll be thankful for the limiters. 

 

Thirdly, to the average joe who enjoys driving and not racing, being limited for just a short period of time is kind of realistic because sometimes highways can have speed restrictions for certain sections because of local issues, so just because SCS doesn’t simulate it in the form of speed signs, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 

 

Fourth, EU1 did NOT die in a week as you claim, I can say from personal experience that EU1 lived for a few months until the content dried up, hence why almost all servers are empty, not because of speed restrictions etc. 

 

Fifth, NCZs are crucial in TMP, without them, it’ll be like the old ETS2 days where trailers would ping into space because of multiple people picking up, impatient drivers ramming others out of the way and just general chaos. 

 

So from me, I say no to removing limiters, adjusting them so that speed lost isn’t that much, maybe, but when it goes a time when ATSMP comes back to life, they should be reduced, mostly for driver safety, you don’t want to be exiting into a city and be rammed by a troll doing 90mph into you. 

well been forced to 55 with the transformer then going back to 75 or 80 is a pain in the butt even thou the speed limit of the road is 75 or 80 its ruined my fuel comsumption on my vtc i was at the top spot now its gone down a few :( was at 5.1 average then  i go on now its gone down to 4.5 and going down i do a lot of heavies on my own 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, chipmunk197 said:

well been forced to 55 with the transformer then going back to 75 or 80 is a pain in the butt even thou the speed limit of the road is 75 or 80 its ruined my fuel comsumption on my vtc i was at the top spot now its gone down a few :( was at 5.1 average then  i go on now its gone down to 4.5 and going down i do a lot of heavies on my own 

The thing is, you shouldn’t be hauling heavy loads at 75-80 mph, if someone desynced or flipped in front of you, you’d do more than just ruin your fuel consumption. Besides, it’s easy to reduce consumption without losing overall top speed, you just need manual gears and perfect timing. 

 

Ultimately, I’d agree with you if the limiter literally forced your truck to go from 80-55 in a second or two through brakes, but to my knowledge, it’s a gradual decrease, so unless you do hit the brakes and slow to that speed, as soon as you’re out of the area you can accelerate again, and if you use manual gears and time it correctly, you don’t use any more fuel than you would normally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, you shouldn’t be hauling heavy loads at 75-80 mph, if someone desynced or flipped in front of you, you’d do more than just ruin your fuel consumption. Besides, it’s easy to reduce consumption without losing overall top speed, you just need manual gears and perfect timing. 

 

Ultimately, I’d agree with you if the limiter literally forced your truck to go from 80-55 in a second or two through brakes, but to my knowledge, it’s a gradual decrease, so unless you do hit the brakes and slow to that speed, as soon as you’re out of the area you can accelerate again, and if you use manual gears and time it correctly, you don’t use any more fuel than you would normally.

lol most of the time theres hardly anyone around most i see is like 10 people on weeknights driving around off on the back road or even around new mex but when theres like 300 or less on the server a limiter isnt really needed like it would on ets2 even then it dont stop people from crashing into you at 150kmph 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@chipmunk197the thing is, it’s all about time zone, for you, there might only be 30 people online, but fast forward a few hours and that might reach near 1000. Plus,, as I said before if the limiter made you sla, on the brakes and drive 35 for the duration, then I’d agree but with the limiter just letting the truck roll and naturally slow down over distance, to me, that’s fine, especially in urban areas where what few peop,e there are on the server tend to group up, just because numbers are low doesn’t excuse you from the rules of the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have stayed away from this conversation, but here is my 2 cents. should we remove the speed limiter completely the ATS server (since there has been no word on when the US server will be back online) the answer is no it shouldn't be removed. as for, if it is possible, redrawing the city speed limiting zones that extend to the highways that pass through them. the answer would be yes. but only on the ones that have over passes or off ramps leading into the city, not the one that goes through cities that have surface streets that connect directly to the highway ie  Carson City and Tonopah. I would also add that in ETS2 there are cities that have a highways that passes along the outer edge of the city that could have the same treatment as well ie Paris. so if it is capable to draw the city speed zone and make it so it avoids the highway, then I agree, however if not then we will have to live with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.