Required Criteria to hold /fix ability

Suggestion Name: /fix system to be limited to players who are wanting it enough to “earn” it

Suggestion Description: The players who could claim it would have required the following criteria:

·         Not to have any bans in the last 3 months, as well as 3 bans maximum assigned to their account

·         6 months registered with TruckersMP

·         250 Hours In-Game

Then, after meeting all criteria listed, they would have access to an exclusive page on the TruckersMP website that would allow them to gain the access to the command per their In-Game Accounts.

Any example images: No, not at this time.

Why should it be added? : It’d be a great addition to the “necessities” to cut down on the number of trolls that are currently about the TruckersMP servers/community.  This would be a method to edge towards solving this ongoing issue, although developers would consider it something enough to be labeled a project.

**Thanks to Sprinter for reviewing this topic, and making suggestions where necessary; Most of those have been applied.

Edited by [TSR - Vet] Bus 51 (Norm)
Suggestions Added.
  • Upvote 4

Opened for discussion.

- Sounds reasonable to me that it would filter out some trollers. 

- Doesn't seem like we are able to filter users based on previous bans. The only "no recent ban" requirement I've seen is the staff recruitment, where bans are reviewed by staff members manually, not by an automated system.

- 1.5 year registration seems too long here. I would also love to see a minimum membership duration limit, but it would be better set at around 3 months.

- No ban in the past year also seems too long. That's the same requirement as joining the staff team. For a priviledged user function this limit can be much shorter, something like 30 days.

Edited by SprinterFS
Topic edited by OP that follows the format of suggestions.
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Good idea, but personally, I would set it at 125 hours, no bans received on their account in the last 6 months, maximum of 6 small bans (meaning small reasons such as chat and can infingements or other non driving/driver error infringements) and a maximum of 2 major bans (anythingdriving related that is deemed intentional or severely reckless). These two are interchangeable depending on the person,  as well as a minimum of 3 months active on TMP. 

Furthermore adding a range and cooldown would be good. By range I mean, dependant upon how far from a garage/mod shop determines the effectiveness of the repairs and the time it takes, so instead of it being instant, you have to wait x seconds for it to repair depending on how far you are from a mod shop. As for cooldown, there should be a limit not only between uses, but how many a player can use per day, this can be effected also by their driving record. 

Personally, I feel these things will make the /fix less OP and hated and more realistic and fair for rp purposes too. 

• Like 1

As an ordinary user, everyone should have the same permissions, and if they are restricted, it can only be considered an unfair treatment.

Edited by Chinois&Cinesi&Kinesisk
Change the word "unreasonable" to "unfair", xd

I'm neutral on this one. Used to play with no-damage cheat in EU#2 until it was forbidden, then they implemented this /fix command that doesn't work with WoT jobs, so I did the only thing at hand to be able to deliver my jobs undamaged: Changed to EU#1. I would meet all of the requirements to use it according to this suggestion, but still it wouldn't work with WoT jobs, so it would still be useless to me. So I'll keep using EU#1, since I "migrated" I've never missed the /fix or the no-damage mod. Only times I had to F7 were my own fault.

But I agree that this could bring lots of complaints. Players that joined recently may be completely suitable to use the command because of playing seriously, but unable to do it because they don't meet the requirements and would have to wait for several weeks/months to achieve them. I find it unfair that a lucky reckless driver who was never banned could use the command and a serious and careful player who just joined couldn't, because of the registration time or number of hours played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mount Qomolangma[CHN] said:

As an ordinary user, everyone should have the same permissions, and if they are restricted, it can only be considered an unfair treatment.

But that’s like saying no one should get banned because everyone is on the same level. If someone feeels restricted because they can’t use a repair cheat because they don’t meet simple criteria, then the only person they have to blame is themselves, I mean, it’s like joining TMP in the first place, you have to meet minimum requirements in order to play for the safety and fairness of all players, same applies here really. 

If its left that that no matter someone’s past history or inexperience, they have access, then trolls are still going to use it to ram and block and cause more mess without issue.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its a neutral suggestion for me, Everyone should have equal right to use /fix command . I mean there are some members who never read TMP rules and drive straight away. After getting banned, they will realize and try to change their driving style and follow rules. some times even a good person will get banned and he can't use /fix command . i know with the above requirements it can fix little bit of trolls but not fair for new members. 

• Like 1

UxiKSFa.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It is not possible with the current in-game system and the development effort would hardly outweigh the advantages. After all, it would also contribute to an unequal community and split players between the "good" people and the "bad guys" who cannot use that command. We do not want to go that way, hence why it is available to everybody.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.