Hello !

Suggestion Name:  Storing people from the nearest to the furthest

Suggestion Description:  When there are more 30 peoples near, and a man blocking you, you're very angry ^^ and you want to report them, to be faster for the report, i think to arrange the closest is more fast than look for between 30 peoples

Any example images: /no sry/

Why should it be added?: For GamesAdmins and players to be more faster before he stops ...

sorry for my bad english

--[FR]--

Le but est de ranger la personne la plus proche à celle la plus loin où nous on se trouvent.
Ceci permettrait une meilleure réactivité avant que la personne arrête ou se déconnecte du jeu.

Les joueurs n'aurons plus besoins de chercher parmi toute la liste mais paris les personnes les plus proches ( il faudrait pas calculer au mini-mètre près car cela ferait tout bouger ) et ajouter un boutons avec Croissant et normal  

Thanks for watching

Cordialement

• Upvote 2

TruckersMP -  Forum Moderator
Staff since 2017

Languages: French ~ English ~ Spanish

Open a Support Ticket | Appeal your Ban | Report a Player | Join us !

I think he is saying he wants admins response time to be faster when there are 30 players around and there is 1 person blocking. 

If that is true then admins have to look over the entire server hence why they don't make it to some reports as they get spammed with reports. The best you can do is record and report via the TruckersMP website. From there you will have more chance of a report getting dealt with then in game.

• Upvote 1

Actually guys what he means is that he would like the TAB menu to show from nearest to Furthest driver so basically the closest person to you would be the first person in the TAB menu. If im not mistaken thats how it is at the moment

Edited by Truckerpilot
  • Upvote 3

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

20 minutes ago, Truckerpilot said:

Actually guys what he means is that he would like the TAB menu to show from nearest to Furthest driver so basically the closest person to you would be the first person in the TAB menu. If im not mistaken thats how it is at the moment

Yes i agree with you. He wants a sorted list. But at this moment the list is not that way. Sometimes nearest players shown up bottom of the list. Maybe some improvements required.

47 minutes ago, Truckerpilot said:

yes it's that :D

thx but sorry for my english ^^

Staff since 2017

1 hour ago, KhaosHammer_BF said:

already suggested before

ah, sorry but i search ...

1 hour ago, ScaniaT said:

give +1 for this suggestion

1 hour ago, Haulin' It! l Chev said:

a nice little addition

Thanks, yes it's very little but it's convenient ^^ 

Staff since 2017

Addition to this, I think another nice little addon would be to be able to /report (players number) .  Please ignore this though if this is a thing, but it doesn't work for me since the tab list is in some strange order

It has been suggested before but never received developers' OK (AFAIK). Other suggestions were about being able to sort the players list by whatever field you want, so the user can choose to sort by name, by ID, by distance... And yes, it would be very useful, many people use /pinfo <ID> to get another user's info but I always felt more comfortable with the Report button and it can be difficult to find the player you're looking for if there are more than 20-30 players in the list. Sorting it by distance would show the nearest player (the one who just rammed your truck) on top.

Side note: Currently (if I'm not wrong), the players are sorted by "first-in", the first one who appears in the list is on top, the next one second, etc. No matter the distance, ID, ping or name. You are going North driving among 30 other players, another one comes the other way and even when he is at a very short distance, he will be the last in the list. Or if your group is doing a cruise speed (say 80 Km/h) and someone comes faster, he will still be the last while he is overtaking your truck (typical situation for using the report system in places like Calais-Duisburg road). Crowded cities where there are lots of players coming and going is another case where this would be useful. And I don't think that it would be difficult to implement, another thing is how stressing it could be for player's FPS, I usually drive with the TAB list opened all the time and I guess that it can cause issues if that list is constantly changing players' positions, specially in places where you are already suffering from FPS drops due to the amount of people.

+1 from me

• Upvote 1

I have mentioned this in another topics but I don't think it would be hard to implement something where the user chooses how they want their tab menu arranged. For example, you can choice by names in alphabetical order, by the in game numbers from least to greatest, or by distance away from you to name a couple. Or random. The user can select which option they want in the TAB menu. 

+1

It would be better if the tab menu was sorted on distance, so when someone with e.g. speedhack that rammed you, can't escape. This means that you could get their steam ID to report the player, instead of them escaping or logging off. I don't think it would be that hard to code this, even though I can't do it myself (unfortunately).

• Upvote 1

@King^ I will translate into French after the English translation because I help you to the translate mate ;)

[EN] : It's a good idea, i think this would avoid a waste of time, a lot of players use /pinfo or abandons the report so i think your idea could be useful 

[FR] : C'est une bonne idée, je pense que cela éviterait une perte de temps, beaucoup de joueurs utilise /pinfo ou abandonne le report donc je pense que ton idée pourrait être utile

• 1 month later...
  • Ashley locked this topic