Good and free recording tools?

BeerPool

4 minutes ago, Smalley said:

In my opinion any kind of recording software is good as long as you have the right specifications for it. I use plays.tv with dreadful specifications. :(

As @Smalley said. There's plays.tv and game caster. I sometimes use game caster to lively stream games to twitch for later export to YouTube. 

ShadowPlay is good, but only for nVidia card owners. If you have Windows 10, Game DVR is great too, you can choose to record either at 30 or 60 FPS, choose the quality. However, the file output is mp4 if I'm right, well, let's just say the file output is "the one you don't want to". OBS is great tool too.

Helped ya? Why not giving me a reputation point? Thanks!

Earth is hexagon.

GTA SA > GTA V

Hmmm, just wanted to add something about my experience with Plays_tv here, and as sorry as i am but i can't recommend that program at all. First of all, the manual recording is as bugged as it gets, it's a gamble if the program starts to record when hitting the set hotkey or not (sometimes it works perfectly, but the next few times i hit the key like crazy several times and it just won't start recording). That was the first issue, when this occurred for the first time i actually thought that i may have done something wrong, but searching for this in the internet actually let me realize that several people are having this issue and that there's no solution to solve this yet.

The second problem, which actually just made me uninstall the program completely, is that it completely ruined my framerate. I was experiencing some major performance issues lately playing games and i couldn't find a reason in the beginning (originally i thought that my newest graphics driver maybe hasn't installed properly, but looking a bit deeper into the problem i actually realized that Plays_tv was quite heavy on my graphics card, even if it didn't record, which actually dropped my framerate to approximately the half i used to have in the past). So now i just uninstalled the program and it seems like everything is working fine again.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Theres A lot of them out there. Here's Some:

OBS

OBS Studio

Action!

Plays.tv

Xsplit Gamecaster

Xsplit Broadcaster (Streaming)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived