Most sought after DLCs?

Glanshon

Hello Community!

During my travels around Scandinavia, Going East and Viva La France DLCs I've noticed that there's not many players in these regions, particularly in Scandinavia, which is a shame given the detail and quality of the scenery (not as good as VLF but still pretty awesome).

It got me thinking, everyone has the nice and cheap paint DLCs, but do many people own the Map DLCs? If not, do you think this trend will continue with the ATS map extensions that need to be bought?

Thoughts and opinions welcome <3

Hello everybody, in my opinion I think half of the people own all the DLC (Maps).
However, the fact that there are fewer people in these countries, is mainly due to the road to Calais Duisburg and that in the base map of the game, there are more players.
That's why most players stay in the base card, despite the lavish landscapes of other DLCs.

Regarding ATS, I can not say anything because I do not own this game and I prefer ETS2. :) 

Yoyo_ManSg

actually quite Contrary to what @Yoyo_ManSg said their are quite a few people that don't own map DLC's as basic as the Going east DLC which is a quite prevalent Map DLC which was one of the first to ever be made. Alot of people don't really spend money on games, yes they will spend the money to buy the game but as far as getting addons and other such things they rather not. The C-D road isn't Jammed with people because they dont have the DLC it is jammed with people because players like the feeling of being around hunderds of other trucks and having to wait in a traffic jam rather than driving endlessly by themself on the highways and motor ways.   

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

I do have all map DLCs, Scandinavia was my first one. I do not prefer to go to the east due to no players and I'm not really the biggest fan of east countries since they are all destroying the real life market price of transports. 

France de baguette DLC is interesting, I got some unexplored roads to drive so I sometimes go there if I'm in the mood to. 

Scandinavia is boring, I already discovered all the places up there and I slowly but surely know every road by mind. But I often go to Scandinavia because that's the benefit up there, no players. If the servers is full and D-C has 4FPS then it's time to head to Scandinavia, no players up there and you have your silent, lonely roads.

Often I'm in central Europe and then I chose a load to Scandinavia, for example Norwege or Sweden.

After I chose my load, I always go to EP, go by ship to UK and then direct to Esjberg, Danish. And this probably saves alot of time for me because if you go by ship from EP to Esjberg then you are faster in Scandinavia, instead of driving through whole Germany.

When I purchased ETS2 I was lucky enough that it was on sale and came with all DLCs that were available at the time. Since then I've just bought them or got a key for them as they were released.

I prefer driving Scandinavian or French roads the mist because of the scenery and variety of different roads you encounter in a single journey where as the base map seems to be copy and pasted, especially in the UK (so bad I can't even drive there lol).

I'm just disappointed that everyone else seems to be missing out on such a quality experience as these places are so quiet. I just wondered I'd it was due to a low number of community members owning the DLCs. 

I have all map DLCs. First one I got was Going East that I got with the game for a fiver (gold version/Christmas sale 2013). It's pretty boring, probably wouldn't have bought it for the normal price anyway. I got the other map DLCs on release - Vive la France is probably where I spent most of my time nowadays in ETS2 because for some reason I always end up somewhere in that area when doing my rounds. Scandinavia is by far my favourite map DLC because of... well everything, but it's also the quietest. Recently I drove from Helsingborg to Stockholm on EU2 without seeing anyone. Even in the quietest areas on ATS you see at least a few people over the same distance lol, and I remember Scandinavia was packed in the first few months after it's release.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

I have all maps but my system at present seems to struggle with parts of both DLC's on medium graphics setting but I am working on it I have a new system being built as you can see if you read the posts what I have purchased and I am hoping I can eventually run everything on ultra and will be able to do more I have explored everything but I tend to stay away from C-D and linking road due to sheer volume and FPS issues

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I drove from France to Oslo, Norway few days ago. That trip included part of C-D road which made the thing your talking about very clear. When I drove in the DLC are of France I saw maybe few other players. The number didn't really go higher after entering the renewed base game France. However, when I got closer to C-D the amount of traffic started to escalate reaching the climax when I drove down from a highway to the road itself. It was probably the highway coming from Brussels. I kept on driving and got off the C-D road heading towards North and Denmark. Like you could expect the amount of players dropped dramatically to about the same as there were in France.

It indeed is shame there are so little players in those areas as they beat the base game hands down. If the traffic from C-D would spread to those areas, it would make both those areas and C-D a lot more enjoyable. The C-D all packed up is starting to get bit old. But it's the new Europoort so it's hard to see any other place challenging it's status anytime soon.

Ready to go!

46 minutes ago, lxl Semper lxl said:

caley - druisberg

We're gonna train this spelling again, but as of now, we stick to "C-D".

However, as The Signal Man above mentioned correctly, this is just a horrific 30 minutes adventure everytime you quickly need to pass this rural area. That's the reason why I'd either take another route avoiding this C-D area or taking another server for the time I am driving through the hazardous zone.

Whatsoever, there are, actually quite a few, players who tend to voluntarily drive this road over and over again trying both to have fun and to submit reports. As a result of this, admins have a lot of work to do - more than it would actually be without those helping sheriffs.

Kind regards ;)

To prevent this turning into a thread about c-d, I'll just state now that this topic has nothing to do with c-d road and posts of such are off topic :P

My question merely relates to DLC areas of the game (Scandinavia, Going East and Viva La France).

Have the scandi and france dlc never wanted the other ones. tbh scandi is beautiful but like said not many players seem to drive there a lot less trolling though and I like the newer france too.

I got love/hate with ATS tbh sometimes I want to play it other times it seems very bland unless you play sp with mods,will get the mexico dlc tho hope the more they add to the game the more players start to play,defo prefer the gfx of ats over ets

This is just what I done today I am very pleased with this run because I had a lot of traffic half way through and even an oncoming artic with trailer at high speed and avoided zero damage was amazing I love the game when you manage to avoid everything and get it done ;) 

gFnqlz.png

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

I went for a ride with my friend to Scandinavia earlier. Took some screenshots and talk about gorgeous scenery at dawn. It makes a bit of a change, as I'm so used to drive on that infamous Death Road. I currently own every single DLC on the Steam store for that game. I wish they would completely rework some of the base map and the Going East expansion, add more to it... Instead of constantly adding new little features, which some of them are almost useless like the knobs on the steering.

KkdaC1b.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived