Liquidation of the prohibition of "Security" tag

Baratako

Suggestion Name: Liquidation of the prohibition of "Security" tag
Suggestion Description: On this thread, I will be talking about my opinion about the prohibition of the Security tag and why it should be removed.
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: 

Having a tag with the word "Security" shouldn't be a problem. Rules exist for the protection of all the drivers and to benefit said people. How is banning the tag "Security" benefitting to anything?

There are obvious keywords that are and should be prohibited, including: Police, Admin and Mod. But why Security?

There is no reason as to why Security is banned. People could use this keyword to create a tag that isn't harmful in any way.

Some examples: "High Security Trucks", "Cargo Security", etc..

Infact, keywords themselves shouldn't even be a bannable offense, but what the tag's full name is.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Baratako
Added a missing quotation mark

v1.png 

Just now, Kravaty said:

cos security pretend to be the popo

The police and security have too different meanings. Security is more like the 'police' for a company or business, keeping everything in order. That's mainly the reason why the Security tag shouldn't be banned. Because if you have it, you're basically the 'police' of the company, and other players should understand that aswell

v1.png 

but you have no powers as "police"

and if you're saying security is the "police" for the company

you are basically saying they're pretending to be police

so basically

they won't remove the rule

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

9 minutes ago, Kravaty said:

but you have no powers as "police"

and if you're saying security is the "police" for the company

you are basically saying they're pretending to be police

so basically

they won't remove the rule

I'm just saying that they're police for the COMPANY. Not for the road or anyone outside of the company. And this shouldn't be against the rules.

v1.png 

7 minutes ago, Kravaty said:

you don't need police for a company....

Companies can be different. One's can have security, other's won't. It's mostly for immersion purposes, though, and immersion is always a good thing. For easy identification of what the player's position is in said company, the Security rule should be lifted.

v1.png 

2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Hire Convoy Control. Allowing the security tag will just cause problems within the game and it is right that it is prohibited.

Not necessarily. Some players can actually be responsible with the "Security" tag. If used rightfully, without causing problems, it should be fine. Such as a bunch of players with "SomeCompanyName - Driver" along with one or two "SomeCompanyName - Security".

v1.png 

This is not necessary, the rules state that impersonating law enforcement is not allowed and Security is a denomination of the law enforcements. If this suggestion is just because you are angry that you got banned, it isn't going to help your situation. Please make a ban appeal at http;//truckersmp.com/appeals/ and be patient until the admin reviews it.

• Upvote 2

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

1 minute ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

This is not necessary, the rules state that impersonating law enforcement is not allowed and Security is a denomination of the law enforcements. If this suggestion is just because you are angry that you got banned, it isn't going to help your situation. Please make a ban appeal at http;//truckersmp.com/appeals/ and be patient until the admin reviews it.

Even though I'm a constant ETS2MP player, I'm not angry about it. The best I can do about it is to wait for my appeal to be reviewed.

I made this thread because I simply don't agree on this rule. I was just wondering if some other players felt the same way; Evidently not (so far, atleast).

v1.png 

There are too many players that play this mod, security could mean administrator to some people and so it should be kept banned.

I think a tag like Convoy Control or Convoy Maintenance would be better, if you put your tag as security, what are you actually securing.

You can't ram anyone or try to disrupt traffic so i just don't see any meaning to it..

As a universal rule Security tags should not be allowed in my opinion because it can be abused.

Ooops, looks like you took a wrong turn or the file you are looking for doesn't exist

Edited by Chinois&Cinesi&Kinesisk

Although security is not police it is a form of law enforcement and not needed in the game. I believe you are confusing security and convoy control. I can assure you they are two completely different things.

Security= The state of being free from a danger or threat.

Convoy control=  Organising a group of vehicles moving in a temporary column.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, [CHINA]TACHOGRAPH said:

These are not the focus, to comply with this rule is not difficult, the player can take care of themselves, the main purpose is to experience the fun of driving

First of all, you do NOT need to write in bold and italic. We can see your text just fine.

Second of all, the "fun of driving", as you say, can be different to each player. Some players have fun by driving itself, some have fun by immersion, some others have fun to create a group tag with the name of a defuncted group, in honor of the said group, to cope with its loss... only to be banned the next day because of the tag. No warning, no nothing, just a straight out ban. A permanent one, none the less.

If you're gonna add a bunch of rules to limit the freedom of group tags, then why bother implementing them in the first place.

v1.png 

We ban permanent for this because this way we make sure we can talk to you and explain why you need to change it and force you to change it. If we ask, in-game, half the time it doesn't work because many players don't listen or understand english, and it is also a huge waste of our time because players start arguing non stop. While it is part of our job to help and inform players, no reports gets done while we do. So on a busy server, where reports come in every seconds, it's ban perm and deal with it on the appeal. 

On 04/03/2017 at 8:09 PM, Baratako said:

Suggestion Name: Liquidation of the prohibition of "Security" tag
Suggestion Description: On this thread, I will be talking about my opinion about the prohibition of the Security tag and why it should be removed.
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: 

Having a tag with the word "Security" shouldn't be a problem. Rules exist for the protection of all the drivers and to benefit said people. How is banning the tag "Security" benefitting to anything?

There are obvious keywords that are and should be prohibited, including: Police, Admin and Mod. But why Security?

There is no reason as to why Security is banned. People could use this keyword to create a tag that isn't harmful in any way.

Some examples: "High Security Trucks", "Cargo Security", etc..

Infact, keywords themselves shouldn't even be a bannable offense, but what the tag's full name is.

Thanks for reading.

The word security can be interpreted as being someone with authority to uphold the law/hand out punishments, so people can and will abuse the word by using it to stop people and harass people by pretending to be admins etc, that's why security is banned. 

Now on if someone put the tag "convoy security" or "convoy protector" or some other title that would xplqined what they are doing, then people will not take it so harshly and think they are admins. 

Its as as simple as that, security can be seen as police/admins. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:53 PM, Baratako said:

First of all, you do NOT need to write in bold and italic. We can see your text just fine.

Second of all, the "fun of driving", as you say, can be different to each player. Some players have fun by driving itself, some have fun by immersion, some others have fun to create a group tag with the name of a defuncted group, in honor of the said group, to cope with its loss... only to be banned the next day because of the tag. No warning, no nothing, just a straight out ban. A permanent one, none the less.

If you're gonna add a bunch of rules to limit the freedom of group tags, then why bother implementing them in the first place.

where in the rules says he can't write in bold and italic ? he can even write in rainbow color if he like. 

leave that to the moderation team to decide if something is allowed or not.

furthermore i don't see any reason why this should be allowed, this rule has been for years, 

there is only 1 police force and that is the in-game administrators.

• 1 year later...

Being part of any kind of "Security" still implies superiority and thus, you put yourself above others users which achieves inequality which we want to prevent.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.