Bus

KoennieTime

This will never happen. The Scout Car is NOT a third party mod. Also despite the reputation they get, because they are used by trolls, Scout cars actually have a use, whether they are being used by admins or convoy pilots. Having a bus in the game would be completely useless and a waste of time and effort. They are also very long vehicles. Before you say anything I know trucks are, but they are articulated, busses are not. Some people can not drive a truck properly, how do yo expect them to drive a bus. I am sorry, but this would just be giving trolls another thing to use to make life unpleasant for the rest of us.

Hey, I'd love to drive a bus! :angry:

Nah but seriously, it would make a change in my usual routine. Driving passengers from cities to cities, or simply up and down the Death Road.

There's a bunch of issues though... TMP devs not planning to add another mod, SCS planning to work on something like that (which is on standby from what I've heard), trolls would use that to block or ram others, bad drivers would cause traffic jams in busy cities/junctions. (Yes I recycled arguments from others which totally make sense.)

Although, I wonder what would make SCS Software work on that Coach DLC again...

*EDIT: I also found a few files related to buses in the definitions of ETS2. But it's only related to speed limits. That might only have something to do with AI traffic though.

Edited by LordBenji

KkdaC1b.png

^^ SCS already has a game "Bus Driver", about driving buses, maybe they thought they could "polish" that and make it a DLC for ETS2. There are bus stops in every city, so it makes sense, and like I said previously, although the game is Euro Truck Simulator, in the end it's about transportation (of goods), so buses wouldn't be so weird, they are also for transportation (of people).

• 4 weeks later...
On 01.03.2017 at 0:06 PM, FernandoCR said:

I said this in the past: "I believe that the Scout car is a big mistake. It opens the door to unending requests to add other cars, vans, trucks, buses..." And once again, I was right. The game has become worse (IMO) with the release of the Scout. That vehicle is too fast, too unstable, and a magnet for kids, racers, trolls, just the kind of people who shouldn't be playing a truck simulator. But we have it. It's true that it adds to the game, some people like to roam in their cars, driving carefully, just for a change, or for exploring new roads/places. It's nice to see cars on the roads and not just trucks, but if we start adding vehicles, the game will end up being anything but the truck simulator it was meant to be. And even when the bus makes a lot more sense than a car in a game that is about transportation, I don't see it working. Many people can barely handle a truck, I've seen lots of players crashing while trying to make a 90º turn (without trailer), invading the other lane, failing to enter companies or garages. The bus is a lot longer than any truck, imagine the chaos in cities... 

And like many other users have explained, the car was an internal project, it took over a year to make it work and I believe that the staff member that developed it is no longer in the team. I don't doubt that the current developers could make a Bus model, or new cars, vans, etc. But that would be a too much time consuming task and they already have enough work with maintaining the MP mod, the servers, etc.

So, -1 from me. Although I really like that bus, maybe I'll search for it to add it in SP ;)

i agree totally...

• 3 months later...

As much as some people would love the chance to have a bus in multiplayer, its extremely unlikely to happen; TruckersMP does not add third-party mods to the game, which is down to many reasons, including the dramatically increased size of the download file if a mod like this was to be implemented.

The Skoda Car to a year+ to make, this would be easily longer, and to little benefit. If you want to drive a bus / coach, there is many options out there for you to do so, but not here, and not on multiplayer.

If something like this was to be put into the game by SCS, then yes, a bus would most likely be implemented, but the chances of a bus being added to ETS2 / ATS for us to drive is a long shot; a shot that won't happen.

Due to the above reasons, and the fact that this has been suggested and rejected many times before, rejected.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.