Constant Speed Limit On Calais - Duisburg

Suggestion Name:  Speed limit on Calais Duisburg
Suggestion Description: Make Sure All Users Follow Speed Limits on Calais Duisburg

Any example images:  N/A

Why should it be added?: I Think it should be added because the amount of people i see overtake and cause crashes is unimaginable and if it was irl, a lot of people in this game would lose their license in an instant so therefore if this is meant to be a SIMULATOR Then we should make sure people following up on the whole aspect of a simulator and follow rules Especially down that road. If i could show all the videos i have seen where people have crashed because they were following speed limits and others get road rage, i would be here all day.

Maybe it could be added, i know some servers have slight speed limits.

I think on EU 5, i was limited to 60km/h in cities and 110km/h outside of the City.

Hello, I do not think it would change many things because it is more the number of people who frequent this road and the bad drivers the cause of the problem.

I think that your solution will reduce the number of accidents a little, but will not eradicate enormously, because even the limited speed, drivers will not respect the others.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

-1 No way, we do not have to obey speed limits in ETS2MP and this would be extremely unfair, most that speed know to slow down when needed and there is already a rule for those that overtake ans cause crashes so those that overtake dangerous causing a crash can be recorded and reported. There is no need for a rule like this and it wouldn't be obeyed anyway so would be pointless, those that speed and overtake without ant consideration for others causing crashes will continue to do it so record and report them or just don't go on that road. If you don't like people speeding then go to EU1 which is speed limited and where people generally play the game more seriously as a simulation then on EU2. This is not real life and is a game, yes its a simulation but not a hardcore simulation. Loads of people (me included) like to speed - slowing down when there is slower traffic infront and overtaking when it is safe if its quite.

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

4 hours ago, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

most that speed know to slow down when needed

The way I see it, it's just the opposite. Most that speed DON'T know to slow down when needed. Maybe you and some others, probably, but not MOST. The amount of people that I see overtake me to end on the grass, on their side, rear-ending another truck ahead or hitting mine because they can't keep theirs within the lane is ridiculously high. The no-speed limit servers have become a huge racing track for most players. I've been playing quite a lot of time lately (on EU#2, tried EU#1 but...explanation below) and I've seen, maybe 10 other players (overall) driving at realistic speeds. The rest... Doing over 120 Km/h on highways, over 100 Km/h on roads C-D style. And I've been driving on the "deserted" roads of the map, Going East, Southern France - Italy, Scandinavia... As I'm doing only WoT jobs and I like to finish them, not having to cancel them because someone hit my trailer while doing 150 Km/h, causing 50% damage.

The only solution, as it has been said, is playing in EU#1, as there are speed limits there (60 Km/h inside cities, 110 Km/h outside cities) and no cars. The only problem with this solution is that even at peak hours, there will be probably less than 1000 users connected, so if you drive on certain areas, you are lucky to see 2-3 other players while doing a 1500 Km job.

So, like I explaine in that first paragraph, most of the users like to speed. This suggestion has no chance to be accepted, it would be going against the majority and they have the always useful "Go play in EU#1".

I only suggested this because of the old tmp where people used to play on eu1, and eu2 was dead. Then it switched over and now we have idiots flying every where 

Half of car drivers irl are idiots. Half of truck drivers in ets2 are idiots. It is the way life goes you cant force people to do the speed limit there will always be some who will be speeding. I really disslike people who drive fast irl and in ets2, there are some exception but i can say that i have absolutely nothing to say to these people, my middle finger does the job... just ignor them and when they crash spam your horn and maybe type "hahaha noob" in chat... i hope scs will fix these speeders... in the future... 

• Upvote 1

^^ Just yesterday... Some newbie (not noob, please, that can be rendered as an insult and get you banned ;) ) started harassing me with his car on a rural road. First, he tried to push me out, 0% damage and almost no displacement. So, this genius enters a gas station located on the left side of the road (enters wrong way, of course), I drive by and there he comes again, hits my truck again, little displacement, 0% damage, he looses control, hits the left barrier, bounces and ends up on the grass, on the right of the road. I drive by and just send a "lol" in the chat. He recovers, starts chasing me, we reach a toll gate, I drive towards the "on-the-go" cabin, slowing down, he doesn't decide until too late, crashes the car into one of the dividers.

The guy kept chasing me for some minutes, flashing, honking, trying to make me stop, but as I was driving 70 Km/h max, it was so easy to avoid him... Sometimes, trolls are this funny. Of course, this player has now a filed report with video waiting to be claimed. I had some fun watching his useless efforts, but I don't forgive trolls, no matter how clumsy and funny they are at the moment. He had registered Feb 19, better start teaching him soon than letting him get better at trolling.

Others, those non-troll speeders... Even funnier. I'm driving on a highway, right ahead, one of those exits that force you to drive on the middle lane if you need to go straight. 2 trucks approaching from behind, veeeery fast. First one tries the right thing, overtaking on the left lane, his trailer starts dancing... Ends up sideways on the ground, like 500 meters ahead. Second one seems indecisive, swerving left, right, finally decides to try right lane, finds the highway exit, tries to swerve back left to avoid the exit, hits the barrier, ends up sideways on the exit lane. I keep driving, 70 Km/h (High-Power DLC excavator trailer), open the chat and type "Run, Forest! Run!". The answers can not be writen here...

4 hours ago, Azyer said:

I only suggested this because of the old tmp where people used to play on eu1, and eu2 was dead. Then it switched over and now we have idiots flying every where 

In the old times, EU#1 was full and EU#2 was empty because when the second one was released, it had no speed limits but it was NCZ everywhere and people hated that. When the developers changed it so it was just like EU#1 but without the speed limits, things started to balance. Then it came ATS, and in ATSMP, the "city boundaries" werer so messed up that when driving in EU#1, you could be slowed down to 37 mph while driving on a highway... A lot of people, me included, didn't like this, so started switching to EU#2 for ATSMP. And finally, cars were released. No cars allowed in EU#1, added to the speed limits, meant the final switch for lots of people. I keep driving in EU#2 now, but because in EU#1, last times I went there, I could be driving for 3 hours and see only 3-4 other players... As I wrote in another topic: "It's a bit unfair, if you don't want to have cars, you have the only choice to play in an almost-empty speed-limited server". But since there is a choice, any suggestions about removing or limiting cars use in any way will be rejected. "Go to EU#1" is the official answer.

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

As @Spieker wrote above, this can actually cause much more issues than it would solve. There is a global speed limiter anyway which has reduced the occurrence of such incidents significantly, however, restricting the players too much is not the aim.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.