make a /chatreport command.

Save

Suggestion Name: Create a /chatreport command for in-game
Suggestion Description: If there is a person that is insulting in the chat, you can do (for example /chatreport 1543). It will then give you a link that leads you to a site. On the site it you will be able to review what the player said, select your reason and add other notes.

Any example imagesGjCvnwK.jpg

y7LS2zj.png

Why should it be added?: If you report screenshots of the chat the normal way, it is easy to Photoshop the chat, if successful a person can Photoshop something you said and turn it into something evil to get you banned. If this site exists it will be impossible to do that since the quotes are copied from in-game to the website.

Players that are not able to record (maybe because they don't have a good PC) will also be able to report what other players say in a easy way.

This suggestion I have was inspired from a Minecraft server I go on a lot (hiveMC) this new report system has been proven to be very useful for both the staff members and players on the server.

PS: sorry for my bad editing I only have paint :(

Thanks for reading.

Edited by _Lee_
fixed a typo
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Penguin said:

No need for this suggestion, just screenshot the chat, and Report it through the Website for 'Insulting'.

Yes, but as I said it is easy to use things such as photoshop and change what a player said, you could get a innocent person banned just by editing a screenshot a little.

17 minutes ago, _Lee_ said:

Yes, but as I said it is easy to use things such as photoshop and change what a player said,

Photoshop ?

Nope... TMP have an file by your documents "\Documents\ETS2MP\logs", I often copy the part when I think he is insulting someone (there are much files like truck spawning, chat log and client log (don't know what is client log))

6 minutes ago, 3567- said:

This could work but would the chatreport command select all of the text said by the user?

I think they had added it in the paste, by the earlier version of TMP.

• 1 year later...
On 3.2.2017 at 10:32 PM, Penguin said:

No need for this suggestion, just screenshot the chat, and Report it through the Website for 'Insulting'.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.