ETS2MP Duisbrug- Calais Road.

PlacGhost

Mate the most busiest road is the road between Calais and Duisburg, like @CrazyPillow said people go there just for the amounts of the people and for trolling players there. Especially friday and saturday evening there are more :unsure:

My languages: Turkish, Danish, English and German

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or need help

Trucker since August 2015 ;)

Ye, try avoiding the Calais to Duisburg road if you don't want lag. There are a few rules in place for that area such as no excessive overtaking, no useless traffic / parking and no use of beacons.

It is normal to have this many users in that area

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

52 minutes ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

Ye, try avoiding the Calais to Duisburg road if you don't want lag. There are a few rules in place for that area such as no excessive overtaking, no useless traffic / parking and no use of beacons.

ye I thought ah should I take the route shouldn't be that busy at this time... I forgot the server size till I got there :)

I'm gonna avoid this area as much as I can XD

52 minutes ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

Wanna join in on ETS2 Paint Scheme Giveaway

Check my latest Status

Bigger giveaways on MY twitch :)

Every week i will do a small giveaway on Here

Enjoy

S.E.T | Kyle | Founder

Atlas Logistics

veteran1.png.b8cd9ae666917772441c0c252ec

• 2 weeks later...

That duisburg road just need more admins to be fun. Well the whole game needs more admins. There is no doubt about that. But if there was like 3 admins controlling the duisburg road they might be able to ban and kick all the crazy people overtaking and driving way to fast. But there is not enough admins to do this tho. Maybe cars and trucks without trailers should be banned from that road? maybe that would help :)

^Simple solution that will benefit everybody - Spread these players all over the map:

• Reduces the lag in the area
  • There will be less accidents due to lag/failed overtaking
  • Less accidents = a lot less traffic jams
  • Less jams = less reports
  • Less reports = more efficient administration

All in all the fewer ppl are in the area = the smaller chance of accidents and trolls = more time to play and enjoy instead getting wrecked or sitting for years in a jam

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

That duisburg road just need more admins to be fun. Well the whole game needs more admins. There is no doubt about that. But if there was like 3 admins controlling the duisburg road they might be able to ban and kick all the crazy people overtaking and driving way to fast. But there is not enough admins to do this tho.

Just today I was thinking just the opposite, mark that road as "freeroam - enter at your own risk", and let admins police the whole map instead of being stuck on that stupid road because of so many s****** drivers. Yesterday I decided to give a try to that road. All was going fine (lots of reckless drivers, but no damage to my cargo). When we (a bunch of drivers) were approaching the infamous highway junction, the truck in front of me stops. I stop, obviously. The truck in front of me disappears, I don't know if he teleported, disconnected, was teleported or kicked... Not 3 seconds later, when I was starting to move, I'm kicked for blocking?

Well, just a kick, no big deal. Launch SP, drive all the rest of that road until I reach the highway (I was going to Bremen), stop at the fuel station, disconnect and go back to MP. Less than 2 minutes later, a truck blocking the highway, several players stopped, honking, etc. I stop. More players keep coming and getting stuck. For more than 5 minutes, not a single admin appeared to kick or ban the blocker (when I tried to report him, "player has already been reported"). And this happened on a highway, 3 lanes blocked, 20-30 players affected, for several minutes, and less than 50 Km away from the CD road. And there were admins online, only they were too busy trying to clean the voluntary chaos on the CD road. 99% of the players who go there do it knowingly, because they like the jams, the chaos. More admins?, no, less admins. More jams, more chaos, 99% of drivers on that road should be happier!

3 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

... Not 3 seconds later, when I was starting to move, I'm kicked for blocking?

Be happy it wasn't a ban, the reason why that junction has so much traffic is because nobody knows how right of way works and they just stop for no reason to let somebody pass when they have the right of way, Admins need to keep that area moving otherwise you'll spend 30+ minutes just to go 4km

On 04/02/2017 at 3:37 PM, mononoke said:

You are a brave man for heading to that area, I applaud you 

I drive on that road many many times per day, in my truck or my Skoda. (these days it's the Skoda, my truck got nuked too many times that it bored me)

Driving at constant 80km/h lets you time to brake if someone crash in front of you (they all drive at 120km/h+) so I rarely have crashes (unless someone rams me from behind ofc)

Why do I go there? Because there's a lot of people and the road is alive and fun. Driving on an empty road isn't fun at all. Being stuck in a traffic jam laughing at the chat is. ;D

8 hours ago, Artical DAN said:

Be happy it wasn't a ban, the reason why that junction has so much traffic is because nobody knows how right of way works and they just stop for no reason to let somebody pass when they have the right of way, Admins need to keep that area moving otherwise you'll spend 30+ minutes just to go 4km

Well, I do know how right of way works, and have been honked, flashed, insulted, because of stopping to let the priority traffic (the one coming from the highway) merge into that road. But it's not the case, the junction was in fact 50-60 meters ahead. I was stopped because there was another truck stopped right in front of mine. That truck disappeared for whatever reasons and the admin didn't give me 3 seconds to move. If that's blocking, I'm definitely done with that road. Next time, perhaps another driver decides to go reverse into my truck and I'm banned for ramming?? I know that they need to take decissions fast, but that was too fast. And unfair. Like I said, a kick, no big deal, but that road has become a no-go for me. People with their trailers flipped for a couple of minutes and nothing happens, I'm switching gears to move and because it takes me more than 2 seconds, I'm blocking? Well, not happening again, that's for sure. And next, 5 minutes stopped on a highway because some guy decided to use his trailer as a barricade and my only exit is F7+Enter?

That's what I was trying to say. Admins are so focused and stressed on that road that they are leaving a lot of other situations unattended.

9 hours ago, Artical DAN said:

I go there without trailers all the time, I don't cause any trouble

8 hours ago, KhaosHammer_BF said:

I drive on that road many many times per day, in my truck or my Skoda. (these days it's the Skoda, my truck got nuked too many times that it bored me)

Driving at constant 80km/h lets you time to brake if someone crash in front of you (they all drive at 120km/h+) so I rarely have crashes (unless someone rams me from behind ofc)

Why do I go there? Because there's a lot of people and the road is alive and fun. Driving on an empty road isn't fun at all. Being stuck in a traffic jam laughing at the chat is. ;D

See that bold text? Stop 3 seconds and you're blocking, drive on that road all the time, many many times per day, without trailer, in a Skoda, and that's not useless traffic? Sorry, but you both should be banned simply for admitting that you are breaking that rule on purpose. Because it is a rule, you know?

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas such as Europoort, Rotterdam or the Calais to Duisburg road. Driving without reason to and from or anything similar. If you are in the area of Europort, you are expected to use the port or you are running the risk of punishment.

I drove on that road once and it was like hell. Idiots and trollers everywhere. Since that experience I'm avoiding that crappy road and drive along the Highway.

By the way:

I don't believe thay all drivers need to drive over that road. Many just wants to stuck in that traffic jam on that DC road and in Duisburg. 

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

4 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

See that bold text? Stop 3 seconds and you're blocking, drive on that road all the time, many many times per day, without trailer, in a Skoda, and that's not useless traffic? Sorry, but you both should be banned simply for admitting that you are breaking that rule on purpose. Because it is a rule, you know?

I'm sorry buddy but first I'm not on that road at peak times. When I arrive at the A16/A1 and C-D road intersection and see 130+ truckers on the tab I just move on.

And what about people taking a random job just to have a trailer. (Rotterram -> Stockholm for example) then go to the C-D road again and again just for "yolo"? Isn't it also considered as useless traffic?!

I met and talked to so many admins on the C-D road while in my Skoda, not a single one have said anything about driving a car there. Cars add life to the roads if driven correctly. ;)

You know, admins have to be neutral, if you drive a skoda at speed limits and respect traffic rules, they don't kick. But if you drive a skoda at 200km/h and overtake everyone in the worst manner possible causing crashes etc... There they will kick/ban.

^^ Cars on that road, whenever there's enough traffic to cause jams and make admins a need, should be kicked instantly. I don't care if they are driving fast or slow, correctly or recklessly, they are useless traffic and there's a rule that forbids that specifically. If that rule is not being enforced, it should be removed. Trailerless trucks should be considered useless traffic too. In a trucking game, only useful traffic is that of trucks hauling cargoes and trucks driving their way to pick a cargo, but the latters don't need to go on that road, there are no companies there, so knowing about the chaos situation, they should take different routes, you can drive from anywhere to anywhere without ever using that road.

And those that take any trailers to avoid being considered as useless traffic, well, how can you tell who's who? The only way to catch them is if you can prove that they have been traversing the road more than X times in a short period of time, but this would require some automatic monitoring system or some hundreds of extra admins to watch for all drivers and see who is "repeating". It doesn't make sense.

Admins have to be neutral, sure, but they also have to apply the rules. If they don't punish someone that's breaking the "useless traffic" rule, why should they punish any other rule breakers?

Finally, there's an easy way to catch "useless traffic drivers": when they openly admit in the forums that they are going over and over again on that road without any purpose other than "enjoy the jams". Does that ring any bells?

Archived