ETS 2 Hiden City

HanibaII243

I just checked and it is true. Although I didn't actually teleport there, I did fly by on Cam 0 and there is a whole area there. Looks quite unfinished, though. I'm thinking it's a town that for some reason they were making but decided to cut out from the game before it was finished.

I'll consider this as an easter egg alongside the rabbits. lol

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

In fact.. there is more to it.. 

Inbetween Hamburg and Kiel there is a new part of clovers/intersections added to the road network.

wrfxGG5.jpgr8SEMap.jpgbF7CBKS.jpg54Qe1wf.jpg

Roundabout from gdańsk to god knows where...
EzNmJpE.jpgSOkCpDd.jpg

Euro Lines Ferry close to the abovementioned roundabouts. (Where Haniball's screenshot was taken)

FuimT9d.jpg

From Rostock towards a very raw part of the map.

PdqlPst.jpg

You can find a lot of great stuff using the dev mode (or whatever it's called). There are plenty of areas that have surprising detail for simple scenery. For example, there's an interchange between Venezia and Verona that takes a motorway past a construction site for quite a bit. Also, remember the inaccessible winding road that follows the motorway from Zurich to Milano? It's got a fully modelled tunnel!

While I'm fairly certain that the 'Gdynia' area is going to be one of the ways we'll be able to go further North, I'm not sure if sites like the ones I mentioned will ever be accessible. Either way, it's great evidence of quality mapmaking. Massive kudos to the mappers for paying attention to details!

edit: there's also an off-map border crossing into Hungary, just East of Graz, complete with road signs and a working gas station. :D

• 4 months later...

Archived