Do a driving test before downloading the mod

Mossarelli

Wake up / Grow up it's just a damn game. Have fun or alt+f4 :)

-1 for the idea , what about addin' also a quiz ? and age verification by sendin' to MP team copy of ur ID to be sure u r allowed to drive ? lololz seriously lolz

for those who agree with this idea, it just shows it's ur 1st online game. For ur info u'll always find trollers in any kind online game so u gota live with it or as i said above alt+f4....................

• Upvote 2

76561198160986596.png

-1 for the idea , what about addin' also a quiz ? and age verification by sendin' to MP team copy of ur ID to be sure u r allowed to drive ? lololz seriously lolz

for those who agree with this idea, it just shows it's ur 1st online game. For ur info u'll always find trollers in any kind online game so u gota live with it or as i said above alt+f4....................

Do not inflate the situation just because you don't like it , in the end i do have Shadow recording and so i can report every single player who thinks that ramming other players is just a game. Anyhow this is just a suggestion and nothing concrete.

P.S: Since you like exaggerating i supposed speed hacking in MP is not a problem just because ETS2 is just a game. :blink:

That would be like saying anyone that wanted to play battlefield would have to take a shooting test to play with friends? If someone is a bad driver they are bad, the world isn't full of perfect drivers, I don't know why people have so much hate on someone not driving that all good, just chill and let them do there thing

I'm on this side of the fence as well, although comparing the situation with ETS2MP to any other game is a bit iffy (keyword being game here) or even I'll up the ante; simulators, how many of you would be bothered to learn https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/warthog/?PAGEN_2=2#14584 and how to control/use all the systems on top of the aircraft as well. I can tell you right now many would give up considering the manual alone for it all is around 600+ pages. ETS2 would be a lot more simple than DCS I can tell you that right off the bat but just to put it into perspective that's essentially what you're asking of those who will always be bad drivers or don't even drive full stop.

nz3d07.jpg

Do not inflate the situation just because you don't like it , in the end i do have Shadow recording and so i can report every single player who thinks that ramming other players is just a game. Anyhow this is just a suggestion and nothing concrete.

P.S: Since you like exaggerating i supposed speed hacking in MP is not a problem just because ETS2 is just a game. :blink:

so if i'm against the idea, i don't have the right to put on my opinion ?? if u don't like it u know what to do with, oke brah ?

PS : i'm srry for u if u confuse games and real life 

76561198160986596.png

Bad driver alert...

• Upvote 1

Signature removed by Donald Trump.

ban plz 

PS : Between us this suggest wont happen ever and u know it :D....they can't even follow SCS on 64 bits so i wonder how they gona add new stuff xDDD

Enjoy ur dreams

Indeed, we wont support 64 bit due to memory hijacking/injecting, this cant be done in 64bit, also the program the developers use does not support 64 bit, they probably need to rewrite whole multiplayer mod to support 64 bit, and stop discussing and spamming off-topic.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Indeed, we wont support 64 bit due to memory hijacking/injecting, this cant be done in 64bit, also the program the developers use does not support 64 bit, they probably need to rewrite whole multiplayer mod to support 64 bit, and stop discussing and spamming off-topic.

None is off-topic  atm , we discussin' the suggestin' made so plz .......

76561198160986596.png

so if i'm against the idea, i don't have the right to put on my opinion ?? if u don't like it u know what to do with, oke brah ?

PS : i'm srry for u if u confuse games and real life 

ban plz 

PS : Between us this suggest wont happen ever and u know it :D....they can't even follow SCS on 64 bits so i wonder how they gona add new stuff xDDD

Enjoy ur dreams

Yep, totally on-topic?

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Bad driver alert...

I share the same views as the person you're proclaiming to be a bad driver (based on nothing) and I'll go so far as to say I'm not a bad driver.

Can everyone just take a deep breath and recall who actually designed the game that this mod is dependent on? If SCS decided not to include a driving test before they decided to release it to the public then it was probably a good idea to them, otherwise they would've likely have added it as the name of the game is Euro Truck Simulator. Which I believe when we all open the MP mod a pop comes up stating (I'm also pretty sure it comes up for SP too);

Please note that functionality is provided on 'as is'

basis with no guarantees as to performance and

function. This game copy has not been licensed 

for use in professional driving simulator environment,

for driver training, or for public use in cyber cafes.

Doesn't matter what is done, if someone rams you or blocks roads/depots etc. chances are they're doing it by choice. All they'll have to do is pass this pointless test (it's a game..) and continue as per usual. If someone wants to learn to play the game properly they'll learn the hard way and eventually be up to speed with those of us who can drive fine without this test. Adding this 'deterrent' to the mod will just cause it to fall under the radar for many people therefore reducing numbers AKA. making the mod become a ghost town. 

nz3d07.jpg

For me adding a fully blown driving test to a game is over the top. In real life, driving lessons take lots of hours and revision to learn to drive the vehicles and to learn traffic laws and rules of the road and the high way code. As other people have said, you don't play other games, for example, battlefield and do a 6 week basic training military course to learn how to shoot and use battle tactics. Why should it be any different for a simulation game?

It's just a game which is played for enjoyment with mates. People who take games extremely seriously are most likely basement dwellers..

• Upvote 1

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

As other people have said, you don't play other games, for example, battlefield and do a 6 week basic training military course to learn how to shoot and use battle tactics. Why should it be any different for a simulation game?

It's just a game which is played for enjoyment with mates. People who take games extremely seriously are most likely basement dwellers..

I think it's around 6 months for basic training as an infantry soldier, not to sure if that includes specialty training (I considered joining the RLC a year or so ago), that's in the British Army though. Although the closest you'd get to a simulation (still not close enough) of that would be:

You're pretty much forced to learn it all; tactics etc. if you're not already ex military (some players are). 

I'm pretty sure more than half of those who play ETS2MP, nevermind SP, don't drive in real life and I'd go so far as to say some (not all) that want a driving test don't drive themselves, but have become blind sighted to that fact.

nz3d07.jpg

I used that as an example, thanks. I know how long British army training is. I said 6 weeks because that's how long the first phase is.

"I'm pretty sure more than half of those who play ETS2MP, nevermind SP, don't drive in real life and I'd go so far as to say some (not all) that want a driving test don't drive themselves, but have become blind sighted to that fact."

I don't drive in real life and I am against a driving test being added. Just a stupidly bad idea that'll split the community.

signature.png

I don't drive in real life and I am against a driving test being added. Just a stupidly bad idea that'll split the community.

It's a pity this isn't a shared view among the community, hopefully someone that's in charge realises what it'll do to the community. Albeit, it'll be appreciated by those who want it to be as realistic as possible but in the long run it's damaging to say the least.

nz3d07.jpg

It's a pity this isn't a shared view among the community, hopefully someone that's in charge realises what it'll do to the community. Albeit, it'll be appreciated by those who want it to be as realistic as possible but in the long run it's damaging to say the least.

It can be realistic without the need for a driving test. The game is supposed to simulate real truck driving, not replicate it completely. When driving tests start being added, thats one step closer to replicating something and moving away from the simulation aspect.

People that want this soooo badly need to realise, there are trolls and idiots on any game. There is no escaping them. Just imagine the game did have a driving test.. The trolls would get past it just to have the ability to troll people, so it isn't really gaining anything. Best thing for me, is to just leave it as it is and report it when you are trolled or rammed, because they'll get their punishment(eventually).

• Upvote 1

signature.png

For me adding a fully blown driving test to a game is over the top. In real life, driving lessons take lots of hours and revision to learn to drive the vehicles and to learn traffic laws and rules of the road and the high way code. As other people have said, you don't play other games, for example, battlefield and do a 6 week basic training military course to learn how to shoot and use battle tactics. Why should it be any different for a simulation game?

AMEN brah AMEN, u gona make me cry, finaly some1 with a brain arround :DDD

76561198160986596.png

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion Name: Driver Training/Test Requirement
Suggestion Description: Upon logging into MP on a new profile, prior to being allowed onto the live server with qualified drivers, new drivers will be prompted with the server rules and guidelines, such as the requirement to follow european road laws, how to properly overtake etc. After reading through the rules, a short test (multiple choice?) would begin, requiring the driver to answer x % of questions correctly before being allowed to use the live roads in-game. Questions would consist of things like their understanding of road signs, default highway speed limits etc, easy to obtain/general road law knowledge, but enough to make sure that all drivers know how to drive before being allowed to.

Any example images: None
Why should it be added?: Currently there are alot of bad drivers online, and although some of them are driving like that deliberately, I believe alot of them are either just young, overexcited or just unaware of how to drive properly, and that ETS2MP is infact a simulator focussing on realism. I believe this would be an efficient way of making everybody aware of the rules of multiplayer, how they are expected to drive aswell as the penalties for ignoring and/or deliberately breaking the road safety rules.

• Upvote 2

3D3cmCR.png

I kind of agree with having a short, simple test in how to drive. But I'm still iffy on it, simply because of the variation in ages of those who are going on to MP. Some are probably well enough old to drive but you need to think of those who still enjoy playing the MP even though they're too young to drive. Lets face it, it doesn't take long to figure out how things work on the roads around here once you go through the literal crash course of your first time on MP.

But say this driver training test is added; how is it going to be guaranteed to be randomly generated and not just the same old questions over and over again? I'd dare say it wouldn't take long for those who don't know the answers to eventually figure out the 'combination' in order to get access again. For this reason I feel like this would be too much effort for what essentially isn't an actual simulator just one that's bordering on the lines of one and that it's not meant to be used for driver training - it even says that in the popup that comes up every time when you first access the profile screen.

some are using a keyboard I no when i was on a KB I was all over the road not so much now i am back on my wheel

Haha, yep. First experience with ETS2 was using my keyboard, then I moved onto a USB controller and now I'm using a steering wheel. There's no way of knowing if the person in front of you is using either of them though, so it's a kind of guessing game really.

• Upvote 3

nz3d07.jpg

I see your point, but ultimately adding a function to pull random questions from a pre-written pool of them each time shouldn't be too difficult, so ultimately it would just be a case of having enough questions in the total pool to give a unique but fair and balanced test to each driver.

It's never fun being crashed into after a perfect 1.5 hour journey so far, purely because the person speeding down the motorway exit doesn't understand the meaning of 'give way', so young or old, I think it would be beneficial to teach them such things to help them as much as us. For example, they may end up getting shouted at by some angry driver they just smashed into, purely by accident because they didn't understand the road sign ahead or realise that slowing down is a good idea (lol). I think it would just create a better enviroment for all.

Also, you typically don't play Euro Truck Simulator in the long term for any other reason than to simulate realistic driving conditions as a truck driver :P

Valid points, discussion about this stuff is good!

3D3cmCR.png

I like the Idea of this test +1

Let's call it Driving Test:

First what is this sign means.

Second Try to go (fwd) through the cones, and (backward) in the same pattern (let's say a U shape pattern); If the driver hit a cone, he will drop some points!

• Upvote 1

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.