ADD MODERATORS TO ETS2MP 

Let's say you are on the Calais -Duisburg road and they are people blocking . Instead of reporting them and ease them of the admins back (or when admins are not online) , you could implement a Moderator/police method . Also I want to mention it that I mean that by also Recruting people like admins . But the only thing those moderators could do is kick people . You could also make a timer for those that would abuse it . Example : 1 kick per 5 min . I know that Admins are police but you get what I mean , I hope . Admins could be the Head of the force and Moderators could be the officers . I think it would make the game more playable , more enjoying , without crazy amount of people driving reckless  , and more Realistic . I hope you consider this option .

Kind Regards !

I don't agree with this at all. The Calais-Duisburg road is almost constantly being observed by Admins. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean there not there. The Eye in the Sky as I call them.

This has also been suggested (and rejected previously) -

This will not work. The only way this would work is if Forum Moderators do it. But just normal players with 'experience' - nope.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

2 minutes ago, Attached said:

Really , they are to many players to be controled by few admins . How many times I went online , grab a trailer and got rammed , got blocked . Cant even count that . Either that or get more admins . Makes no sense . 2000 players on Eu2 server and you are telling me admins can keep an eye out on everybody . Something needs to be done for that . More players come everyday.

Did I say normal players ? I said recruit more staff into in-game moderators . 

The quotes you put on is not what I suggested.

This will not work. The only way this would work is if Forum Moderators do it. But just normal players with 'experience' - nope.

Definitely not going to happen. There are admins watching that road a lot already, but it's common sense for players that choose to take that route will likely get stuck in traffic, lag, get damage and so on. The way we see it is if players want to get involved in the chaos then they can, at their own risk. Admins are already doing more than enough to help there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Digi7al said:

Definitely not going to happen. There are admins watching that road a lot already, but it's common sense for players that choose to take that route will likely get stuck in traffic, lag, get damage and so on. The way we see it is if players want to get involved in the chaos then they can, at their own risk. Admins are already doing more than enough to help there.

They are not doing it enough . Do something about it . Its easy to say admins are doing already enough . Do something about it .

3 minutes ago, CroTruck said:

They are not doing it enough . Do something about it . Its easy to say admins are doing already enough . Do something about it .

Well use a different route. Its as simple as that. If you think that admins 'aren't doing enough' and 'to do something about it', then you can use a different route, and you wont have any issues at all.  The admins do much more than you 'a player' actually see's. At the end of the day, its the players choice to use that busy road, and as @Digi7al has said, admins do more than enough to help there.

You don't like it, you can use a different route.

• Upvote 1

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Just now, Attached said:

Well use a different route. Its as simple as that. If you think that admins 'aren't doing enough' and 'to do something about it', then you can use a different route, and you wont have any issues at all.  The admins do much more than you 'a player' actually see's. At the end of the day, its the players choice to use that busy road, and as @Digi7al has said, admins do more than enough to help there.

You don't like it, you can use a different route.

Yeah Im using the road around both cities. But its not only that road . Alot of roads are packed with reckless drivers . It's a simulation game not a racing/crashing game. I've seen how the admins work and I know that you cant simply process all that reports .

9 minutes ago, CroTruck said:

Yeah Im using the road around both cities. But its not only that road . Alot of roads are packed with reckless drivers . It's a simulation game not a racing/crashing game. I've seen how the admins work and I know that you cant simply process all that reports .

All reports that are submitted via the website will be viewed and accepted and/or rejected. A simple and easy way of bringing these trolls to justice is to record and report.  You expect to much. Admins have to deal with both In-Game Reports and Website Reports. That's a lot of reports to view, and not many admins to deal with them. Despite this, all reports, whether there in-game or on the website, will get viewed. They will never go ignored.

If you would like to discuss this more with me, you can send me a PM, as I am aware that is going the topic of your original suggestion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Attached said:

All reports that are submitted via the website will be viewed and accepted and/or rejected. A simple and easy way of bringing these trolls to justice is to record and report.  You expect to much. Admins have to deal with both In-Game Reports and Website Reports. That's a lot of reports to view, and not many admins to deal with them. Despite this, all reports, whether there in-game or on the website, will get viewed. They will never go ignored.

Exactly see . They do it ingame and on website , but did you ever thought that not alot of people can simply record or take a picture . Or even report by the time you actually try to do something the guilty player is already at the service , or disconnected . Happend to me few times .

Just now, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

@CroTruck If you want more simulation I'd suggest to try using EU1, that has less players and generally the players there play it more seriously then on EU2 as EU2 is the freeroam server and always very busy meaning you will encounter more trolls and bad drivers.

No , cant use EU1 , for some odd reason my ping is very high on EU1 . Even higher than on a US server . Makes no sense . But on EU1 there are also players who dont even play like the game is meant to be played .

bad idea, firstly, how can you be sure that the people you are giving the "power" to are trolls themselves who will just kick people off the server for the fun of it.

Secondly, Even though you don't see admins, they are still there watching.

Thirdly, Admins aren't paid, they are VOLUNTEERS doing their job in their spare time, so they cannot always be there to hold your hand whenever something happens.

Furthermore, As with any Multiplayer game you are always going to get people who troll, who break the rules and who make life horrid for others, that's a factor of online gaming, it happens in FPS games, Sims, even MMOs, so that will never change, admins cant be on every single server watching every single micrometre of road for anything that can happen, you would need thousands and thousands of constantly online admins to even attempt that.

I will say this, if you are sick of trolls and sick of people "not playing the game correctly" there is a solution for you, its called playing SinglePlayer. because you will always get someone somewhere who will troll or break rules in a Multiplayer situation, at least in SP you just have to deal with funky AI, that's it.

All in all, this idea will never work, will never be added and more importantly, it has been asked for hundreds of times before and we have all given the same answer every time, the whole community has.

At the end of the day you have to remember that the TruckersMP team is full of volunteers that have jobs and commitments outside of TruckersMP. Just adding people that have no experience in the role is simply not going to help. You need to look into the root of the problem rather than thinking of the first thing that comes to mind! The root cause of this is the game mechanics with the player base for the game. The mechanics send you for longer jobs each time most of which go from the UK to Poland, with an expanding player base the game is just getting busier and busier. The TMP team can't fix this as they RARELY ever touch the core coding. 

But thats just my two pence.

This won't happen. Forum Moderators are people who are learning to enforce rules and once the Senior Staff believe they are fit to take their skills in-game they are awarded the IGA position. WIthout the Forum-Moderator phase just letting people apply for police would cause many incidents even letting Forum-Mods do police work wouldn't work if the Senior Staff believed they don't deserve IGA position yet. 

The staff ranks and promotion system is set and stone. I don't believe it will be changed.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There are currently more than enough Moderators to deal with the issues in-game. If you want to become one, you can apply for a public recruitment or work your way up.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.