Virtual Reality

The future of VR,

Suggestion Name: Virtual Reality Vive/Rift

Suggestion Description:The introduction of VR

Any example images

Why should it be added?:VR although is a relatively new tech, it is going to be massive, trucking in SP mode with VR is an amazing experience, like myself I would imagine many drivers will refrain from playing MP due to the fact we cannot use (in my case) the Vive, cant vouch for the Rift

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks

i really dont get why the vr is not working for mp when both ats and ets2 support vr and make the game so much more awsome

Please i would really love the full immersion with VR and its already working on localplay

im not asking a full and complete support but why dont you just add a dev option like g_vr_whitelisted so people wanting to play around with vr support can do so

instead of blocking it for everyone by default and not letting us whitelist it

please whitelist or add a command to enable steam vr sdk that is already integrated by steam people and only need some tweak between the vr sdk and the game !!!!

thanks in advance

^^ Feel free to donate the money to get the devs a VR headset.

But on a more serious note, ETS2 VR is still in Beta. Meaning its on a different build version than what TMP is running on.

So its not as simple as you are saying.

I think the only way we are going to see VR in TMP is if SCS ever pulls VR out of beta and brings it to the current version.

Even then that's a long shot as i read SCS only has a team of one or two people working on VR.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

• 2 weeks later...

^^ If you read some of the comments above, you would notice it already works for ETS2 in SP.

The only reason it doesn't work in MP, is because its still in beta.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

You guys clearly have not tried an Oculus before! I did with ets2 and many other games and it's a game changer, and that was the dk2, a development kit. The released version is many times better. So I read some say that it would be scary to drive at 200km/h or not pleasant, is the total opposite!  It is very exhilarating. 

I hope you get to try one soon, it will change your mind.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheGamingFouR said:

I know but its only for the oculus rift I think (which i think is sickening)

No, it works with the HTC Vive as well.

In fact i have several game play videos of ETS2 in VR with the Vive on my YouTube channel.

You can click the link in my signature to see for yourself.

And @Sysgen is right. Its a complete game changer! If you haven't had the opportunity to try one yet, do so.

He is also right about the 200km/h + not being scary, its just plain fun!

Although i don't recommend it on ETS2, but rather Project Cars. (which i also have a video on)

76561197986022295.png

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer in VR... That would be an interesting experience. Personally, I have neither Oculus Rift nor HTC Vive. I also own GTX 960, so not the best graphics card out there.

But I will wait when ETS 2 will come out with Virtual Reality and maybe then consider buying a headset. The idea is good and SCS is developing ETS 2 for VR, but there is no need to post it here, on the TruckersMP forums. ^_^

^^ can you explain what you mean by that?

If you are saying it just doesn't work in VR, it does.

If you are saying that the game play isn't suitable, you might want to try it before you make that judgement. :)

76561197986022295.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.