Race Trucks (Mod Release)

Forerunner

Hello all,

As you are probably aware, a racetrack was included within the Arizona DLC and the MP rules allow its use as a racetrack. However it seems odd seeing W900s race around as they look like workhorses, not racers.

These do not use any car parts.

So I present these:

hMdZDL3.png

xo0NCOc.png

These are specifically 'built' trucks to both work well as race-trucks and to look the part.

Vehicle Specs:

-625hp Catapillar C15 engine

-10 speed Eaton Fuller w/o retarder

-4x2 (cosmetic)

-Daycab

For those who prefer the look, I have also included J-Spec style versions (no changes to engine):

OLZnwoI.png

GcwvU9m.png

To use this mod:

-Download the mod into "documents/American truck simulator/mod"

-Open singleplayer and activate the mod

-Visit a Peterbilt or Kenworth dealer

-DO NOT attempt to customise these trucks, or the middle axle will revert to a regular tire.

-Purchase the truck you like

-Go in multiplayer

-Click 'Ok' when the game mentions a 'missing mod'

-You can now race with one of these trucks

The only way to further customise these is through save-editing.

For proof that these do not cause bugs in-game (using a customised version)

Spoiler

9jJbgv1.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzebkcv3ezp21jr/RaceTrucks_V1.scs

Post any questions, comments or suggestions below,

Thank you for reading.

On 6/16/2016 at 0:57 AM, Forerunner said:

@LeafeonGold what did you need to edit, as these shouldn't need any unless you want to customise them.

@Forerunner When I changed the chassis on a truck i owned, the extra wheel didnt go away, and same thing when me and another friend bought another truck, so instead, I manually edited the save to have the invisible wheel, and remove the wheel accessories from that axle.

Also I was going through the different exhausts to find one that would fit on the 579 without looking goofy, wasn't really successful, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived