Accidental Wrong Ways?

KayyJayy:D

Are "accidental wrong ways" forgivable? Many of you (including me) have probably done so.

Example: You've reached Hull after boarding the ferry at Europoort. You drive on the right side, forgetting that you're already in the UK. Suddenly, a user comes along on the same side, and he reports you.

Is this forgivable? I think this should be because it is not easy to remember that you've crossed the border and changed sides.

image.png.701b87940b373cd99b50f1c9c3c76cb6.png

Are you serious??? Still 350ms ping in-game???

One time i had not played for a week and i forgot that I was in England so i drove the wrong way. As fast as i pulled out on the wrong side off the road some guy going on the opposite side honked at me and i immediately stopped at the side off the road. Then i was teleported back to the service station. Therefore i can only thank that admin that teleported me back instead of banning me. If you do realise your mistake and take action I do think it is fine. If you continue driving then maybe not.

I took a pill in ibiza                                

There are signs at different places to remind you, like the cross border train at Calais, and docks at UK.If i am an admin then i'll ban those people immediately, because this can cause a big trouble to the oncoming traffic.This really depends on different admins.

If the admin is nice= kick/teleport to service 

If the admin is bad like @Prime=short-term ban/long-term ban.....

Probably also depends on if the road is highly populated and if it is a highway or not (mine was a regular road with a middle segment but not really a highway). And if again the driver reacts in time.

I took a pill in ibiza                                

Guys what if you did that in real life? Oh sorry officer I thought I was still in Europe,please do not give me a ticket,okay I wont as you said sorry :P

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

^Well, the UK are a part of Europe, so i don't think that excuse would help alot, probably make it worse :P (it'll show that you're actually not fit to drive)

Was down under a few years ago, and we had a car rule. At every intersection and roundabout, the passengers was to call out "Left side of the road!".  We managed 2 months down there, without driving on the wrong side of the roads ;) 

Ingame, you get nice warning signs when entering con eu, and the uk, on witch side to drive on.  And another hint, if you have stoped inland somewere, and been away from the game a bit, is whitch side of the road are the signs on....

I don't think it should go unpunished, since it's a major risk action to drive on the wrong side of the road, and we, as a comunity, try to have a bit of standards to what's allowed ( rules says to uphold eropean road rules, but it's not 100% strict, since a lot of contries have a bit of different rules. Main rules are usually something that you'll find all over, and thise are more stricktly upheld.  Speeding isn't one of them though, unless that causes an accident )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Only if you make an effort to correct it. I see people driving down the motorway without a care in the world. Not even being careful of oncoming traffic and then "apologising" that they took a wrong turn.

If you do end up in that way - hazards on, get in the hard shoulder and when it's clear perform a U-Turn. Be sure to check the player list constantly. If you see on the player list another player is approaching - get out the way as quick as possible.

People who continue to drive on the wrong side of the road without even attempting to correct it (and even going round roundabouts the wrong way) are not forgivable. Mistakes can happen though, so do correct them as soon as possible. 

I think I did it the day I started playing, but no haha it's easy to remember than 1 country drives left and the everywhere right... It's weird living in the UK and it feeling weird when I drive left in a game, I spend too much time in mainland Europe D:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived