Remove ncz at marinas

Noraf

@Darth Wazawai

look, im done arguing with you, personally, yeah its more realistic to have "Queues" everywhere, but its more of a troll magnet and frame rates just nose dive into the sea, its more fun and real to be able to get turned around and back on the road than it is to sit for 1 hour IRL while noob 1 tries to park without success while we all sit wasting fuel.

IMHO, NCZs stay where they are needed regardless whether its ETS2 or ATS, Scandinavia or Going East, its a better situation for all involved, end of.

I've got my doubts about the frame rate... I didn't notice any. For trolls, the main ones will likely never come, the bad drivers that own Scandinavia? Sure but how bad will they be? No-one not even the admins out devs from the release of Scandinavia can tell us. Most complaints likely came from teleportation spots like ports and not WoT

I don't think any harm will come if only one server gets converted, there'll be chaos at first but that's human nature... Everyone who can will go there, for the first week it'll be hell but after a few hundred bans it'll become decent.

I don't want to touch Arizona when it comes out on mp for the same basic reason... Everyone will be there..

A good example is actually the g summits <_<<_<<_< when it was held in Toronto everyone was told to stay away from it... What did many do?

Perhaps a chaos control ban:

Scandinavia cz intro ban offer (in Scandinavia only): everyone who does any of the following will be given the prize of:

One Month Ban

For any of the following offences:

Ramming

Blocking

A) roads

B ) entrances/exits

C) delivery spots (no more than 1.5 minutes after successfully delivering)

D) deliberately taking forever to park, after 2 minutes of trying you're to either let others go ahead of you or goto sp to finish.

Causing a accident

Spawning trailers causing flying/falling objects (naturally exploding trailers that bugged out of your control are excused, heads up!)

Anything that does cause issues where ncz once used to exist.

Anyhow

I think one server, as a test for Scandinavia would be a good idea and give it a few weeks.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

^IMHO this is just a stupid waste of time that no one wants or wishes to bother with, the current system works fine, what isn't broke, isn't worth fixing, I would be on your side if CERTAIN NCZ were left, but to banish all? no way from me, ill object to it all the way to my grave if I have to, just because on a personal level for you it feels right to remove NCZs from "unpopulated" areas, but when they become populated? FPS takes a massive hit, ANYONE who has a budget, non £3000 PC will tell you that, the more people and lights you have in one area, the lower FPS will become, itll come to a point that people will log out because they cant be bothered with 1FPS gaming all day in that area.

Also as a point, you cant ban someone because their trailer happens to glitch and fly across the map because collisions are enable, that's more of a hitlerish thing to do, things that are under peoples control, sure they can be banned for, the things they cant control such as flying trailers, no way bud.

NCZs work now and will work as long as the game has only one drop off point and a couple of pickup points at a company, if you coupled ATSs multi drop-offs with ETS2 massive yards, youll have a winning combination for Collisions to be on, but when you have small spaces, few pickup points and one dropoff point like you do in ETS2, all youll have is annoyed drivers, frustrated admins and cities that are at gridlock because of issues to do with this "idea".

As for actually be on topic here, yes +1 here as if its just the marinas such as the ones in the north of Scandinavia, where the chance of getting a delivery to that point is super rare, then NCZs aren't really needed, major ports on the other hand need NCZs to stop people spawning in and flying across the map at the speed of light

Well, i would want all ports garages and places with repair shops in them left NCZ for obvious reason,even resting areas like hotels are fine staying as is... But i cant see how turning places from NCZ to CZ could cause worst lag than the initial release days, unless the whole server turns up. I was on my GT640 and i didnt really have much of a issue. Now if Rotterdam moved into one city yea my AMD (the new card) would panic.

As it stands with NCZ you can easily get slammed with unlimited number of players at once because they are all within a point of each other, anywhere anytime.

Yea ATS has a kinda unfair advantage for that but than again USA has tons of space to waste... But i cant help but hate ATS for the copy and paste in some parts... Also arent they supposed to be introducing multi points into ETS2 at some point?

Tell you the truth the best way of scrubbing NCZ from delivery points is server side economy... This is because you cant simply spawn trailers (WoT excluded).

Sadly like i said all NCZ/CZ topics will be...

cpqK3fm.gif

SUS0M9O.gif

^at least NCZs allow you to have a safe place to spawn in and out, Collision zones everywhere, even in Scandinavia will always be a headache, if there were no trolls, no impatient drivers and a lot more sane people, then I would agree and say remove some of the NCZ as a trial, but because we will always have trolls and impatient drivers, I will always say no to removing NCZs unless, like OPs idea, they are very very rarely used.

^ what they going to do? Horn spam? Swear? Ram? All currently banable offences... The biggest issue is trolls blocking delivery points and trailer spawns, if a impatient driver rage quits and never returns to Scandinavia that's actually a good thing...

@megadethsteve666

But by doing so you risk it become a magnet for disaster because everyone wants to go there... Remember players will flock to the "newest feature" like a bunch of bumbling brainless zombies... By making all company (keep forget to say that) depots cz let them flock to one depot, or one city and destroy the game for themselves (and get banned for it, karma...) , I'll be there in a ncz recording and reporting, I'm sure others including a admin be there too esp during busy times. Basically go threw the UK port Oslo will be hell on earth for the first week lol... but Rotterdam ain't no better even with ncz :lol:

For spawning simply park in a ncz before logging off (hotels stay ncz not like they exist in the middle of nowhere anyways) or if you lose connection simple drive to the closest one (or find a huge open valley like those farms in the middle of bloody nowhere lol), no differently from now. Heck I strongly suggest not spawning in a depot even with a ncz... They can glitch and if your near a spawned trailer it's possible (not very likely since that bugs been fixed, dodging flying trailers was kinda fun tho) you can make it fly away irritating everyone involved, as well as watching a grown trucker cry for losing a load that should not of been lost:lol:

SUS0M9O.gif

On 4/25/2016 at 2:15 AM, jukeboxknox said:

I would vote for a lot of the ncz be removed. Delivering to a place waiting your turn is better then watching someone drive through 3 trucks 2 parked trailers to back up his load. I would enjoy but I know many others wouldnt. Take it off for lower populated areas and keep it on for high population areas.

In saying that you would get the people who sit there for ages or take 100 gos at getting it in. Would be a massive headache haha

@Darth Wazawai look, im not going to argue with you anymore as its pointless, you seem to be hell bent on turning the mod into a no go area by adding back CZs everywhere that's not a spawn point, me personally and a damn few others, say no, it will cause more headaches than it will solve, sure you can say "oh all the guys who do this get banned" but then it makes it boring and empty because so many people are banned, not to mention its unfair on the admins, but lets disagree to disagree before this gets way out of hand.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Darth Wazawai said:

I wasn't ment to argue but yea ok, and I think you mean to agree to disagree ;) to disagree to disagree would continue said conversation ;)

well I said disagree to disagree because you don't agree with my POV and I certainly don't agree to what you say, so its a disagree to a disagree situation, no give and/or take in either direction. im not a grammatical idiot.

• 3 years later...