I have a question

The_Wish

Not many people play on the ATS servers anymore, due to the lack of content, everyone has been everywhere as the map is so small. Let's just wait until the next DLC and people will be there discovering it.

In regards to your question, it should cope pretty much the same as ETS as they both run on the same engine but ATS has a few different mechanics etc... Personally I think ATS runs better and since MP went 64-bit I have had an increase of frames etc... ;)

Hope I helped.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Personally I believe that although both run on the same engine,  ATS seems to run much smoother in reference to frames/Stability. I think ETS2 can use a little tweak but at the same time, since the latest update has been deployed it seems to run a little better. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

Runs like ETS2 in Scandinavia. I feel more there is more details/foliages than vanilla ets2,

so fps get some hit, especially around cities.

For cities in general, since they're bigger, theres very little traffic jam like europort or rotterdam. 

People spread more across all the *cough small amount* different cities, especially those with a repair garage (to teleport to).

edit : Also, repair garage (spawn) seems to be away from industries in many case, wich helps not having idle/spawn and pickups/deliveries in the same condensed spot.

Personally, I enjoy ATSMP more than ETS2MP despite the "small map", all im here for is to drive and have fun, not caring about whether I have to drive 200Meters or 2000Miles, ATS is a lot more stable, although FPS does take a beating depending on what truck you drive and where you are, the bigger the city and number of people in that area, the lower FPS will be. Places like Oxnard used to be way way worse than EP would be at peak times with people not understanding who has right of way and how long their vehicle is from nose to tail.

Ets2, even though it has more map to it, feels a lot more dead, a lot less friendly and warm, it feels cold and super clean wherever you go, especially in the original vanilla launch part of the map which feels a lot more dated now, at least with ATS the map feel swarm and inviting and the cities feel more alive with more going on and more drab and dreary colours, if you can look past the fact that you can cross the map from south west to north east in the space of a couple of hours and that youll run the same roads quite frequently, then its a far better game than ETS2 was in terms of detail and mechanics.

^ What he said.  Germany is just a barren wasteland in ETS2.  You might be on the same roads all the time in ATS, but they're prettier and less sterile.  ETS2 may have more roads and locations, but they all look the same.

But onto the original question.  In a highly populated area (when that does happen) it's about the same level of frame droppage as ETS has, but as other's have pointed out, there is rarely a group of super densely packed people because all of the factories and warehouses are spread out more.

From when I used to play euro truck to playing ats, ats does seem to run smoother, and the locations do appear to be better created. Drop offs are spread out, detail while on the road. The game is newer so it makes sense that it would be better optimized, but it still isnt the greatest.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived